Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 11:34 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Right! ^^^
Why are you guys ridiculing OP decorating choices? Don't you think it's rude???
It’s rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 12:51 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times
Most house plants are jungle-derived anyway. Orchids, spathiphyllum, draeconia, bamboo trees, etc.

Old 05-06-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Most house plants are jungle-derived anyway. Orchids, spathiphyllum, draeconia, bamboo trees, etc.
Most houseplants require light. The OP was picturing a dark, dense room.

Personally I’d love to live in a room full of thriving houseplants. Of course, caring for them would be a chore.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:33 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,310,989 times
They need SOME light, but there are a huge number of low-light houseplants, derived from forest-floor dwellers, like most or all of what I've mentioned.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
They need SOME light, but there are a huge number of low-light houseplants, derived from forest-floor dwellers, like most or all of what I've mentioned.
I went through a houseplant phase in the 1970s, into the 1980s. What I found was that plants required more light than I generally had. It is true that some plants will do OK in low light. But I really had trouble getting enough light to most plants.

I still love a hanging chlorophytum. I could never manage getting one to hang in a window that did not have wooden floors under it! I wish now for a place to put plants. Again I have too much hardwood or no space around windows.

I think that using a high quality wallpaper for background, and a few properly spaced big plants like those big philodendrons, the OP could create a tropical, if not exactly jungle, decor. But the plants do need some light.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:59 PM

356 posts, read 370,785 times
The links provided are great. Won’t be cheap....

Old 05-09-2020, 05:36 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,020,538 times
Wallpaper, supplemented with some carefully chosen (and not cheap) silks, dark woods.

Maybe a dedicated hidden BT speaker piping in some nature sounds?

Old 06-27-2020, 04:07 AM

5 posts, read 5,993 times
Hey, it's definitely possible, I would get some jungle theme wallpaper like others suggested

wallpaper

and maybe some primitive themed objects or home accents

home accents

some sort of primitive or interesting objects

wall decor

Plants definitely can help

Some jungle theme furniture

Jungle furniture

Probably will cost some money to put it together but it should look interesting when its all done, I guess looking really full like a dense jungle is the idea, primitive objects and green, id even get some jungle music sounds playing in the room, and a humidifier, for mist..it depends on how far you want to take it...depends also if you want bamboo or ferns or some of Jungle birds theme

have fun!

Old 07-10-2020, 09:14 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,630,923 times
Your house, your rules, if you want to do something fun and creative go for it! Sounds neat, I’d want to check it out anyway haha. I admit if I did something like that I’d want to go all out and make everything fake but realistic, thus eliminating the need for plants that attract bugs (always happens to me, we have a zero tolerance policy for living plants in the house). I love the Rainforest Cafe, it’s a favorite of mine, so this sounds cool. It would be fun if it was a larger room to go wild with it and even have hidden speakers built into the foliage that played rainforest sounds. Like you could escape into this rainforest right inside your house.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:53 PM

5,575 posts, read 6,500,449 times
So, OP, did you do it? Pics, please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating