Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 02:23 PM

186 posts, read 208,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
Does Cole's Crossing have an HOA? Based on how nice the lawns look, I'm assuming it does.
Yes, it definitely does. Pretty much any subdivision around here does. You can see if a home is in an HOA and what the dues are on the HAR page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 07:13 PM

554 posts, read 295,110 times
Quote:
I'm curious what area you ended up buying in. How is your commute?
We live just inside the beltway next to Jersey Village. When we bought it was much better for both of us commute wise, but wife works at a different place & I WFH so it doesn’t matter anymore. We still like being closer to the city though.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM

23,964 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Quote:
I've noticed also that much of north Cypress is located in natural pine forest (the southern extension of the East Texas piney woods), whereas south Cypress was originally coastal grassland, except for the hardwood forests in the vicinity of Cypress Creek. I think both sides of 290 have their advantages.

One of my favorite drives is along Louetta and those neighborhoods west of 249. Older but really beautiful. There are lots of woodsy areas to explore. When I moved here I had no idea what it would be like. The whole Cypress-Tomball area is full of nice surprises.

I love the idea of getting a pretty large home in the 400s, such as Cole's Crossing. I don't mind updating. Also, I like the older floor plans, which seem to have a lot more character than current floor plans (except for the nicer bathrooms and kitchens these days).

I sold my small Austin home in an inconsistent neighborhood close in for an enormous amount, so finding a home here for the 400s is a big deal for me. I can use a lot of the funds from the Austin sale for renovations here.
I’ll sell ya mine. ;-)
East 290@ 1960 .We bought 10 years ago thinking we’d be leaving in a hearse. The hearse will be coming to Tallahassee. Redid kitchen induction cooktop, convection oven, another new dishwasher last month and updated baths, new windows roof HVAC flooring surge protector on box added plug for EV
3384 sq ft.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:37 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,743 times
Coles is a great neighborhood. It's got a really good elementary school inside the neighborhood, 3 community pools, fitness center, lots of hike and bike trails, soccer fields, playgrounds and good access to 290. Because Coles's has so much commercial inside of the MUD district, they are able to use the sales tax funding to make improvements on/above that which the HOA does. So it has very nice landscaping, trails, tree plantings, etc. It seems to have a very active/involved community HOA and its size (2500+ homes) gives it scale that enables it do more things than smaller communities.

North Cypress is very nice, with lots of trees and more access to roads, highway access, which make it seem less congested.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:44 AM

313 posts, read 281,713 times
Coles Crossing is a really nice neighborhood. Like another poster said, it is considered an older neighborhood compared to the latest and greatest big developments south of 290. That said, it feels a bit cozier than the super-big new subdivisions. It has great schools, solid retail amenities, big trees and more mature landscaping. The big drawback is the Barker Cypress exit. Yikes.

I also prefer north Cypress and am familiar with the area. It's a different vibe than Bridgeland and Towne Lake and seems easier to navigate than South Cypress. Barker Cypress and Fry can get so bad. Mason is open across 290 and will be further extended soon. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into the aforementioned streets (railroads a pain in the rear end on surface streets).

Depending on what you're looking for there are other neighborhoods of Cypress that may suit your needs as well.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:48 AM

Where else are you looking?

Old 04-19-2024, 07:59 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,884,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGreengrass View Post
Coles Crossing is a really nice neighborhood. Like another poster said, it is considered an older neighborhood compared to the latest and greatest big developments south of 290. That said, it feels a bit cozier than the super-big new subdivisions. It has great schools, solid retail amenities, big trees and more mature landscaping. The big drawback is the Barker Cypress exit. Yikes.

I also prefer north Cypress and am familiar with the area. It's a different vibe than Bridgeland and Towne Lake and seems easier to navigate than South Cypress. Barker Cypress and Fry can get so bad. Mason is open across 290 and will be further extended soon. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into the aforementioned streets (railroads a pain in the rear end on surface streets).

Depending on what you're looking for there are other neighborhoods of Cypress that may suit your needs as well.

I understand that Greenhouse Rd is being extended northward to connect with Skinner. Currently, Greenhouse is an easy drive, but when it joins up with Skinner, it will become another Fry or Barker Cypress.

Currently, if I have business or appointments north of 290, like my vet and several doctors, I take Tuckerton over to Telge and head north, because Telge at 290 is way less congested that Barker Cypress or Fry. Even getting across at Huffmeister isn't too bad. You do have to avoid Telge and Huffmeister during school drop off and pick up times, of course.

I have one doctor on Mason at Cypresswood, so Fry is unfortunately the way I go to the north side of 290. It's a nightmare almost all the time.

I should mention, though, that I'm impressed with all the divided roadways with nice looking medians in Cypress. If you're not at one of the infamous bottlenecks, these major arterials are a pleasure to drive. I've never been anywhere with so many good roadways.

Old Today, 07:14 AM

I'm not familiar with the plans for Greenhouse but I agree that even with it opening it will only slightly alleviate the traffic stress.

It never ceases to amaze the amount of traffic, cars, construction that is going up south of 290. I have heard that area (Towne Lake/Bridgeland) is going to be 'The Woodlands' in Cypress and there are big beautiful plans for it but the level of traffic congestion already makes you cringe at the thought of it being fully built out. We had to go the Berry Center for an event at 6pm and it was a s*#tshow getting there and a s*#tshow leaving afterwards. It really is a case of "if you build it they will come" out there.

Ps- I agree the stretch of Louetta is very pretty with all the trees. Lakewood Forest and Longwood are very pretty to drive through. It really feels like a forest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston