Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 09:43 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,884,157 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at various neighborhoods in Cypress, and one of the most appealing to me is Cole's Crossing. Looks really well maintained, and in a good location, with prices a lot more reasonable than areas like Towne Lake or Bridgeland.

Anyone familiar with Cole's Crossing who can give me some ideas about what it would be like to live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 09:13 AM

5,612 posts, read 4,935,144 times
I can't speak to what it's like living there, but you should know that it's now one of the older neighborhoods in "central" Cypress (I think it started in the late 1990s or early 2000s). So it's possible that some homes will be old enough to require updates or rehabs / replacements for some items (roof, for example). Keep that in mind.

Also, many paranoid suburbanites in places like Cypress are always freaking out about the schools, insisting that only the newest ones zoned to the fanciest newer neighborhoods are acceptable and rest are declining and will destroy your home value. Don't get caught up in that hysteria. In fact, ignore it.

Old 04-11-2024, 10:38 AM

273 posts, read 119,344 times
Default Coles crossing

That is a great place to buy a house and a great place to live. I highly recommend it. It's in a Solid location.
I recommend getting a 1 story about 2500 Sq ft for around $425k. Sure it may be a little dated but the location is great.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:24 AM

186 posts, read 208,992 times
We used to live in the north area of Cypress, not far from Coles Crossing. We loved the area. Only reason we moved is we wanted more space (bigger yard) and out of HOA. Our budget didn't allow us to stay that close in, unfortunately. I prefer the north area of Cypress (east of 290) by far to the south side (Towne Lake/Bridgeland). Much less congested.

Old 04-11-2024, 10:12 PM

I've noticed also that much of north Cypress is located in natural pine forest (the southern extension of the East Texas piney woods), whereas south Cypress was originally coastal grassland, except for the hardwood forests in the vicinity of Cypress Creek. I think both sides of 290 have their advantages.

One of my favorite drives is along Louetta and those neighborhoods west of 249. Older but really beautiful. There are lots of woodsy areas to explore. When I moved here I had no idea what it would be like. The whole Cypress-Tomball area is full of nice surprises.

I love the idea of getting a pretty large home in the 400s, such as Cole's Crossing. I don't mind updating. Also, I like the older floor plans, which seem to have a lot more character than current floor plans (except for the nicer bathrooms and kitchens these days).

I sold my small Austin home in an inconsistent neighborhood close in for an enormous amount, so finding a home here for the 400s is a big deal for me. I can use a lot of the funds from the Austin sale for renovations here.

Old 04-12-2024, 02:10 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,520,927 times
I thought you didn't like all those unhappy, impatient Cypress residents. Why would you want to live near them?

Old 04-12-2024, 02:46 PM

554 posts, read 295,110 times
Coles Crossing is a very nice neighborhood. Lots of amenities & the landscape is almost like The Woodlands on a smaller scale, something I like about North Cypress. We were actually looking to purchase a home there when we bought but decided against it because of the commute to DT… biggest drawback IMO.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I thought you didn't like all those unhappy, impatient Cypress residents. Why would you want to live near them?

I live here now, south of 290 in apartments as a temporary situation until the lease expires. Gives me time to get familiar with the entire Cypress-Tomball area before buying. I'm getting used to the aggressive drivers. The driving gave me a bad initial impression, but as someone mentioned earlier, aside from driving, people here can be pretty nice. Regardless, I need to be here due to family circumstances.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
Coles Crossing is a very nice neighborhood. Lots of amenities & the landscape is almost like The Woodlands on a smaller scale, something I like about North Cypress. We were actually looking to purchase a home there when we bought but decided against it because of the commute to DT… biggest drawback IMO.

I'm curious what area you ended up buying in. How is your commute?

Old 04-14-2024, 10:40 AM

Does Cole's Crossing have an HOA? Based on how nice the lawns look, I'm assuming it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston