Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 11:55 AM

247 posts, read 737,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Benign "wisdom", civility and eloquence are not requirements to be POTUS--they're merely ways to sucker people during a campaign. Anyone with skills in debate or acting can do that. The man has ZERO qualifications to be president. I mean, first of all, he's a damn Senator, so you know he's a liar right off the bat (and hey, as long as you accept that, that's okay by me) ...and he's proving his incompetence with every blunder he's made so far. I have never in my life seen such a huge mistake as far as elections go. People so desperate for "change". That's working out brilliantly. Lemmings...right off the cliff. Hell, I can at least name a few things I thought Clinton did okay with during his first days in office. This guy? Good lord. No.

BTW, is there a Proverbs in the Quran? Somehow, I don't think he takes what you call "wisdom" from the Holy Bible.

(Hey tstone, was that good enough? I thought it wasn't half bad for a girl who likes to listen/read to varied sources and make up her own mind about the topics of the day.)

Of course, this is all just my "opinion". It doesn't mean that I think you personally are stupid or a lemming, but I do think ya got a little bit suckered.
Really lets be honest nothing qualifies someone to be president. Its not like there is a POTUS training program. What you want is someone with knowledge of world affairs, common sense, a high IQ, a calm demeanor, and at least an iota of humility. These are all qualities the "Decider" and the "the Alaskan Moosehunter" both lack and President Obama has in abundance. I hate to be blunt but the lemmings in the room are the boneheads who watch Glen Beck and publicly regurgitate his "Pearls of Great Wisdom".

I just wish the Christians who are eating up World Net Daily, Beck, Coulter, Limbaugh and Hannity would read Proverbs. There is nothing acceptable about the behavior of these shock commentators and their followers no matter how hard they may rationalize.

By the way you aren't the only one who likes to listen to and read varied sources and then make up her own mind. There are a lot of who do so automatically without expecting a gold star.

To prove my point about listening to varied sources I invite you to offer specifics. How does being a "damn senator" automatically make him a liar? What are his blunders so far and exactly how have they negatively impacted your life on a personal level?

Last edited by Mommy/Artist/Lawyer; 09-14-2009 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM

247 posts, read 737,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If our healthcare package goes the way of Canada - help us. Apparently your dog can get an MRI within one day in Canada but if a person needs one it can be one to two months before you can get in. ............ guess a lot of really sick people will be asking their vet to do an MRI for them.
Even better, try getting an MRI without insurance sometime. You'll need a nice savings account. Oh spent that money on food for your kids. Mmmm... too bad. Did you know that doctors charge you more for services if you don't have insurance and are paying out of pocket? Take care not to lose your job. I can't imagine it would be fun dying from treatable cancer because you lost access to affordable insurance.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,915,922 times
I once had an MRI when my University insurance ran out (got injured the week after it expired). Got an MRI and told them I had no insurance...they dropped the price by half. It was still a lot of $$ though.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:15 PM

The intent of the Houston forum chat/off topic thread is to discuss various topics related to Houston, Texas while of course following https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html If threads begin to move too much into an area covered by another forum, the post will be moved.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy/Artist/Lawyer View Post
Really lets be honest nothing qualifies someone to be president. Its not like there is a POTUS training program. What you want is someone with knowledge of world affairs, common sense, a high IQ, a calm demeanor, and at least an iota of humility. These are all qualities the "Decider" and the "the Alaskan Moosehunter" both lack and President Obama has in abundance. I hate to be blunt but the lemmings in the room are the boneheads who watch Glen Beck and publicly regurgitate his "Pearls of Great Wisdom".
If only I could give you multiple rep for this post!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:36 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
I like kolaches, yes I do, I like kolaches, how 'bout you?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 PM

I like kolaches but they make them different here, than in 'the old country' my folks would say. Over the pond they were made with fruit jams like apricots, rather than meat.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:55 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Stay on topic please. We want to keep this Houston Chat thread going. Have a great day!

Old 09-20-2009, 04:32 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Stay on topic please.
What was that, kolaches? Or pirates? Or talking about kolaches like a pirate?

Arr.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,864,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
What was that, kolaches? Or pirates? Or talking about kolaches like a pirate?

Arr.

No, he deleted my comment. Didn't know it must be Houston related in here

Isn't the Houston weather beautiful today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston