Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 19,483 times

Advertisements

Coleman American Moving Services is a horrible moving company! I would not even give them one star if given the option. The movers were 2 hours late with not so much of an apology and complained the entire time that the work load was only suppose to take 2 hours no more. Once our stuff arrived in Japan well what was not stolen...it was damaged, boxes were squished, and hardly anything had numbers on it or listed on the inventory. We are missing about $1,500 worth of tools, three space bags full of clothes, a box or two of our baby items to include his bathtub, books, Scentsy bars, and blankets. Not at all pleased with this company, this is the worse move we have had in the 10yrs my husband has been in the service. Please look elsewhere for a comapany and if Redstone says they do not have another company to choose from I suggest paying out of pocket or you will be robbed blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 19,374 times
Default Thanks for the info

All very helpful. Bookmarked several of the links for future reference as I'm planning on relocating to Huntsville in a couple of years. I can't wait.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM

15 posts, read 50,849 times
Remember to ask neighbors in Whitworth Farms built by woodland homes and specifically the pool, you will get useful information.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM

4 posts, read 25,222 times
Default Natchez Hills Vineyard

If you are new to the area you probably don't know there are three wineries 1 1/2 hours from Huntsville. My husband and I went to the wineries and ended up at Natchez Hills Vineyard for a awesome songwriter in the round show with candlit dinner. We could not believe it was so close. Check out their website.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,206,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odom View Post
If you are new to the area you probably don't know there are three wineries 1 1/2 hours from Huntsville. My husband and I went to the wineries and ended up at Natchez Hills Vineyard for a awesome songwriter in the round show with candlit dinner. We could not believe it was so close. Check out their website.
That is funny...in the post below, you said you are the owner. So, are you the owner or did you and your husband just stumble across the winery?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/hunts...l#post28864132
Quote:
Originally Posted by odom View Post
We own Natchez Hills Vineyard and have a great venue that has top songwriters from Nashville play. We love songwriters so we put together a show that is songwriter in the round. We feel it is between the Bluebird on steroids and the old Austin City Limits. Come and see us when you relocate. We love Austin and know you will love Natchez Hills Vineyard. Check our website out. Natchezhills.com. We also have two other wineries within five miles of us.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:54 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,418,958 times
LOL - good catch!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:23 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,124,411 times
hahahaha... really!

Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 PM

12,964 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom3 View Post
I would like to know, from anyone familiar with the area.....would we, and our children have a difficult time making friends and being welcome into the community, if we do not go to church, or follow any organized religion?
You should have no trouble at all. Huntsville/Madison tends to be very friendly. Of course, some of that depends on how friendly you are. You won't find much "Yankee Go Home" sentiment here ... most people are from somewhere else.

I suppose Huntsville is located in the "Deep South" but it's far from being a Deep South town. I've always thought of it as being an oasis in the state of Alabama.

Welcome to town! I didn't look at the date you posted this, so it may have been two or three years ago. I just joined today, so if you're already here ... hope you love it.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 AM

27 posts, read 82,769 times
I highly recommend checking out Our Valley Events - Calendar and blog of events for Huntsville and Madison County, Alabama : Our Valley Events for more information and local events in the Tennessee Valley! When I moved here it was extremely helpful in finding things to do and meeting people in the area.

I've been here a year and I am looking for a home in Jones Valley because it's so beautiful and it has great school zones. For anyone new coming to the area I stayed at Highland Pointe for the last year and they were wonderful. I needed furnished for awhile and they were able to help me out.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM

252 posts, read 321,231 times
Default Excellent Link for New House Hunters

When I buy houses in Madison County, I always check this website to determine what the property tax will cost annually:

Madison County Assessor

1) When you find that dream home, go to the website and enter Address (Number / Street) then submit.
2) List of houses display with yours and your future neighbors.
3) Click address you want to view.
4) Click view collection record.

Voila - you northern transplants will be pleasantly surprised with our low property tax rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area