Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 03:00 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post
BTW, if anybody is ready to buy a home, 237 High Rd in Madison- I was blessed with a sixth sense and an incredible ability to envision things that the average person would never be able to-that property is a winner.
Perhaps, but the average person would be able to understand that the property you mentioned is not in Madison. That aside, it doesn't look too bad for a single person or a couple with no kids. Great location for access to the west side of Research Park and Bridge Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 03:11 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
Quote:
I am sorry you have a scarcity mentality and a chip on your shoulder- My parents taught us abundance mentality and fundamentals of investing since we were little kids.

BTW, if anybody is ready to buy a home, 237 High Rd in Madison- I was blessed with a sixth sense and an incredible ability to envision things that the average person would never be able to-that property is a winner.
Please read:
https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Posters who are tired of this may also want to read it and act appropriately and according to the TOS to make the forums more pleasant.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:18 PM

130 posts, read 106,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Perhaps, but the average person would be able to understand that the property you mentioned is not in Madison. That aside, it doesn't look too bad for a single person or a couple with no kids. Great location for access to the west side of Research Park and Bridge Street.

So, you are saying the MLS and the realtor have listed it in the wrong city? What city is 35758 in then?

Old 09-04-2022, 03:26 PM

295 posts, read 236,068 times
As has been mentioned before, having a Madison address and being within Madison city limits is two different things. It just means it is serviced by the Madison post office. I used to have a 35758 Madison address, but my home was probably 3 miles north of Madison city limits. My school system was Madison County (Monrovia/Sparkman).

Old 09-04-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhisent View Post
As has been mentioned before, having a Madison address and being within Madison city limits is two different things. It just means it is serviced by the Madison post office. I used to have a 35758 address, but my home was probably 3 miles north of Madison city limits.

So, the home mentioned is in Huntsville but has a Madison address? Wow, that makes a lot of sense!

Old 09-04-2022, 04:58 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
So, the home mentioned is in Huntsville but has a Madison address? Wow, that makes a lot of sense!
No, it is in Madison County. Mailing address is based on the servicing post office. That is not unique to this area.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:02 PM

609 posts, read 530,061 times
Quote:
The house you mentioned is in a neighborhood called Skyline Acres. It is a mix of houses in the city of Madison and houses that are in the county. 237 High Road appears to be one of those in the county so technically it is not in Madison (city) or Huntsville.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:21 PM

493 posts, read 713,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
Regarding the Summit at Monte Sano, the style of the homes looks more in keeping with what one would see near Telluride, CO, where the developers live, than what is around Huntsville.

Always love reading your posts, David!

Back in the mid 2000's some people thought that the style of homes that D.R. Horton built in The Oaks at Heritage Plantation and in Heritage Station had a weird style too. I guess the best way to describe those D.R. Horton homes in The Oaks at Heritage Plantation and in Heritage Station would be "tudor style homes." I'm NOT sure what I would call the style of the homes for The Summit at Monte Sano?

Last edited by needtosellmyhome; 09-04-2022 at 07:33 PM..

Old 09-04-2022, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post

Always love reading your posts, David!

Back in the mid 2000's some people thought that the style of homes that D.R. Horton built in The Oaks at Heritage Plantation and in Heritage Station had a weird style too. I guess the best way to describe those D.R. Horton homes in The Oaks at Heritage Plantation and in Heritage Station would be "tudor style homes." I'm sure what I would call the style of the homes for The Summit at Monte Sano?
Tudor homes are gorgeous and classy. They are very common in the Philadelphia suburbs- I have seen a lot of them in New England also but the homes you mentioned are not true Tudor homes-they are brick homes with Tudor accents.

This is what a "true" Tudor home in the Philadelphia suburbs looks like. The design and workmanship is much more intricate than the ones in those two subdivisions.

http://www.everyhome.com/blog/wp-con...7/09/jenk1.jpg

I understand the logic of the builders though- I am not sure there would be high demand for a true Tudor home in this market(yet) not to mention, they are expensive to build.

Last edited by HSVAeroEngineer; 09-04-2022 at 07:14 PM..

Old 09-04-2022, 07:10 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
Tudor homes are gorgeous and classy. They are very common in the Philadelphia suburbs- I have seen a lot of them in New England also but the homes you mentioned are not true Tudor homes-they are brick homes with Tudor accents.

This is what a "true" Tudor home in the Philadelphia suburbs looks like. The design and workmanship is much more intricate than the ones in those two subdivisions.

http://www.everyhome.com/blog/wp-con...7/09/jenk1.jpg

The owner needs to work on the lawn pictured in the link. The pride of ownership seems to be lacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area