Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 AM

37 posts, read 81,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post
Has there been any wolf attacks on humans in recent years? That is something that will undoubtedly happen.
Yawn. Far more likely to get attacked, mauled, or killed by a domestic animal, such as your own dog or someone else's dog, than a wolf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 AM

464 posts, read 1,112,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamoisee View Post
Sure, because the only reason to have wildlife in north Idaho is so you can kill it an eat it...or, just kill for the thrill of killing. Everyone knows that animals were only put here for us to kill.

Therefore, any other species that interferes with our interests, however slightly, must be eradicated, and if efforts are made to preserve or reintroduce it, it must be a gooberment plot. Yup, yup, pass another beer, Bubba.
I don't appreciate the connotation here. Implying someone is an inbred ignorant fool is a personal attack. Perhaps if you knew anything outside your own mentally disabled view of the world, you'd think twice about attacking someone on a personal level.

See? It's not nice to be a prick. So don't.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamoisee View Post
Yawn. Far more likely to get attacked, mauled, or killed by a domestic animal, such as your own dog or someone else's dog, than a wolf.
Hence DOMESTIC. How many more hours are spent around DOMESTIC animals? Wolves are not domestic and threaten human livlihoods, but in your perverted view of the world - humans are the problem. I suppose we should institute population control on ourselves, since we are obviously disturbing the natural habitat of indigenous creatures. Oh wait, these wolves were never part of the wild before some dumbass environmentalists convinced some equally dumbass politicians to "introduce" them.

Sorry, but I live in live in the real world.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bare View Post
Wolves are native to N. Idaho, elk are not, so when you start talking historical ranges you should be careful unless you want to sound like an idgit.

The originally posted article claims 61 dogs were supposedly killed by wolves in Idaho in the last seven years, heck I could almost run over that many free roaming dogs on the way to town. Wolves need to get with the program and start hunting the county roads and highways.

Wolves serve a useful purpose here, unlike most of those posting to this thread. I guarantee that 100 times more wildlife and livestock are killed by domestic dogs than wolves ever thought of.

In fact, Jeff Cleveland, the poor guy who lost the dog in the original article, knows all about free ranging dogs killing wildlife and even got caught at it once.

Look, I'm all for hunting, but my grandfathers taught us sportsmanship. I find driving up and down the road, swilling beer, with a box of dogs on the back your truck less than sporting. Maybe you can explain to me how turning a pack of dogs on a sleepy Spring bear is sportsman like?
Yawn. Again, humans are the problem. Sorry, I like humanity...if I had to choose, I choose my fellow man. Wolves eat man - if given the chance - so let's get rid of them. Wolves compete for resources...kill the wolves. Wolves eat our dogs...kill the wolves. However, apparently common sense has been replaced by self-hating activists who want to rid the world of the "human element". I bet your favorite show is - After People.

~An "Idgit"

Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,550,222 times
Quote:
I don't appreciate the connotation here. Implying someone is an inbred ignorant fool is a personal attack. Perhaps if you knew anything outside your own mentally disabled view of the world, you'd think twice about attacking someone on a personal level.

See? It's not nice to be a prick. So don't.
I don't see a personal attack here, but hey, if the shoe fits .............

Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 AM

double post

Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Oh wait, these wolves were never part of the wild before some dumbass environmentalists convinced some equally dumbass politicians to "introduce" them.

Sorry, but I live in live in the real world.
Sacramento is the real world?

Wolves were RE-introduced in Idaho in the 90's after being almost wiped out and put on the endangered species list in 1974.

Wolf Management

Old 05-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
I don't see a personal attack here, but hey, if the shoe fits .............
Apparently you didn't see the point behind the meaning. What does calling someone "Bubba" mean to you? Have another beer, Bubba. I know exactly what it means.

My own brother got that nickname during the 11 months we lived in Texas. Some 3 yr old called him Bubba(he was a newborn) and it stuck ever since.

Is he an inbred yokle that drinks beer and acts like a dumb hillybilly red neck? No, he is a police officer in a town on along the northern coast of California.

My point was, don't insinuate that someone is an inbred hillbilly redneck ingnoramous. That's a personal attack.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:

Wolves were RE-introduced in Idaho in the 90's after being almost wiped out and put on the endangered species list in 1974.

Wolf Management
Uhh...GOOD! Put them in Zoos, keep them the F out of my backyard and away from my kids.

Oh yeah...humans are the problem. Wolves need advocates to keep them from becoming extinct. After all, the natural order only applies to pre-human history. It is our job to make sure we are not the cause of any extinction. As if we are God or something.

Wolves couldn't adapt. Tough luck chuck. One day, humanity will be unable to adapt. Tough luck chuck. It's the way nature works.

My ancestors didn't fight for millions of years to become the master of the food chain just to have a small minority of do gooders to try and level the playing field with a fellow predator species.

That's just the realist in me though. As a parent I would prefer there not be any wild animal species capable of EATING MY CHILDREN. That's just me. But apparently, we need to make sure ALL animal species have equal rights to man.

One word: ZOO
Two words: Wildlife Preserve

I love nature...I don't even hunt. I can deal with Bears and Mountain Lions as they hunt alone - Wolves hunt in packs, sometimes as large as 30-40 wolves. Allowing that kind of threat to humans is borderline insane. I'm sorry you can't see that.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I am guessing you don't know geography. Let me educate. There is this rather large mountain range 30 miles to the East of Sacramento. We call it the Sierra Nevada Range.

Most of it is a national forest. Lots of wildlife there. No wolves...yet. In California it is illegal to kill a mountain lion unless it attacks you, but you had better be able to prove it attacked....

Grizzly Bears were hunted to extinction in these parts, we honor them by keeping their image on the flag. They are not reintroduced into the wild.

Idaho should exterminate the wolves and put a picture of a wolf on their stat flag.

But you are right. Sacramento is not the real world. It is a world of fiscal insanity. 20 billion dollar deficits. The nations highest tax rate. The worlds third largest constitution. More State departments, bureaus, boards, ect than the entire Federal Government. And a bunch of ingrates who think humans are a pest to the natural order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho