Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 12:52 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,494,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Jail time for executives of corporations would solve the problem, but Republicans, Democrats, and conservatives worship corporations, so it's unlikely to happen.
^
THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
as opposed to: You have committed a number of crimes many of which have harmed legal citizens. ID Theft and fraud,driving without insurance or a license,tax fraud and evasion. Crimes that get legal citizens sent to prison. For the obvious trespasses we will reward you by giving you exactly what you want. 7.6% unemployment we will add you to our work force further compounding the problem. We will continue to do what we have done since 1986 pass laws without means or political will to enforce them.
Yeah that is efficient as hell. The model to follow.
^

ALL THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually no. We have anywhere from 11-20 MILLION illegals here now.
And that's since the last amnesty which was supposed to end illegal entry with improved border control.

Why do "stupid" twice ?
Let's get a fleet of Greyhound busses and ship them out!

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 04-07-2014 at 10:20 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 02:40 PM

7,529 posts, read 5,778,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Senate immigration deal would double number of U.S. border agents - Chicago Tribune

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal agents on the U.S.-Mexican border would double to about 40,000 under a deal reached on Thursday in the Democratic-led Senate to draw more Republicans to a landmark immigration bill headed toward anticipated passage.

Some questioned the costs and benefits of up to $50 billion in the extra border security, which also will include high-tech surveillance equipment such as manned and unmanned aerial vehicles, radar and seismic devices.
Read the amendment. It's a joke and the idiots of 8 had their fingers in it... Voters need to get rid of Rubio and quick.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:43 PM

7,529 posts, read 5,778,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It won't do it.

We need to militarize the borders and actually protect them.
That's the only way it will work. Look at how other countries actually "PROTECT" their borders.

http://media.npr.org/assets/news/201...afbf7aea71.jpg
I still like my sniper every 500 yards idea. After a couple 1000 heads explode they'll get the idea and illegal immigration "will be a thing of the past".

Old 06-21-2013, 02:46 PM

24,041 posts, read 15,154,071 times
No fence will keep out people who are willing to enter illegally.

E-verify, no amnesty, jail and fine employers. It will need to be a big fine. That million+ fine didn't stop Pappas restaurants or Shipley donuts.

I'll bet half the houses built in Texas in the last 20 years were built by undocumented.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:15 PM

63,069 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

E-verify, no amnesty, jail and fine employers. It will need to be a big fine. That million+ fine didn't stop Pappas restaurants or Shipley donuts.

I'll bet half the houses built in Texas in the last 20 years were built by undocumented.
A double layered wall (like congress approved but didn't fund) in the most porous areas will certainly cut illegal immigration back immensely. The 30 some miles of it in the San Diego sector did just that.

I agree that we need to take the other steps that you suggested also along with denying benefits and birthright citizenship to their kids born on our soil.

They aren't undocumented. They are illegal aliens and I know of many tracts of homes built by them here in California and the workmanship was shoddy.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM

24,041 posts, read 15,154,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A double layered wall (like congress approved but didn't fund) in the most porous areas will certainly cut illegal immigration back immensely. The 30 some miles of it in the San Diego sector did just that.

I agree that we need to take the other steps that you suggested also along with denying benefits and birthright citizenship to their kids born on our soil.

They aren't undocumented. They are illegal aliens and I know of many tracts of homes built by them here in California and the workmanship was shoddy.
They built the fence moving east. What happened when the fence stopped. They cross where it's easy. Build a fence, they'll go around it or dig a tunnel.

If I needed work to feed my kids, I'd cross, too.

Let the church who teaches birth control is a sin sell some stuff and start providing jobs in Mexico and Central America.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,252,098 times
Quote:

The fence wont stop all. But it will funnel them to other areas. That means more able to predict points of entry. Why watch 1200 miles of border if you can reduce it to 600 miles or less.
I agree hammer the greedy employers and that includes Joe cheapskate trolling the home depot parking lots.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,252,098 times
Quote:
They built the fence moving east. What happened when the fence stopped. They cross where it's easy. Build a fence, they'll go around it or dig a tunnel.

Let the church who teaches birth control is a sin sell some stuff and start providing jobs in Mexico and Central America.
Exactly. They cross at fewer points and we can predict where.
Fences can be fitted with sensors that detect tunneling activity.
Here is an Idea. Their problems their kids their issues. Not our problem.
We should be seizing the assets of all illegals caught to help offset the cost of their deportation.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:57 PM

63,069 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:

Nope, the premise is that where there is no wall the Border Patrol can focus their efforts there. We were supposed to get 700 miles of the double layered wall but congress didn't fund it after approving it. There are tunnel sensors also that can be used.

They aren't coming here to feed their kids. They can do that at home. It is just that they can make more money here and we offer all kinds of welfare handouts especially if they give birth on our soil. Irregardless, what about Americans needing to feed their kids? Many Americans have been put out of work by illegals and had their taxes go through the roof covering their social costs. What gives these people the right to break laws for their own selfish reasons without any consideration for Americans and their families?

Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,215,022 times
Why do they have to let the new border agents hang around the border. Let them spread out to all of the larger cities and deal with the law breakers who jumped the border. Just because the mexican is now in North Carolina doesnt mean the border agents dont have UNFINISHED BUSINESS with the violation. If I break a federal law in OHIO it doesnt mean I can go to Florida and the problem will go away does it? Use the same logic with the border jumpers .If not hiring new agents isnt going to really help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.