Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 05:14 PM

63,314 posts, read 29,392,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
Well OK, you're right. That was personal and I apologize.
Apology accepted but I would still like to know what prompted your remarks as I have not contradicted myself nor am I being dishonest on my illegal immigration views with some so-called hidden agenda that I constantly am being accused of.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Here is my post (that you responded to):

How you are calling that a "personal attack", I don't have any idea. It's time to realize how you come across to people, and understanding that this fishbowl "Illegal Immigration" section at City-Data isn't a place to rank your social mores:

Let me accent again, there was a member (now removed) in this section that felt justified to announce (whether she did it or not) that she had looked up my financial records for medical care in the VA system (where she worked). I felt enough concern that I placed a few calls to the VA as to who was accessing my information, and it has impacted me where I participate online far less than what I would like to now. My sole reason for joining City-Data years ago was to figure out who someone was that would later e-mail me that he photographed me and my youngest stepdaughter in front of our house.

With this element at play, I don't ever think that bad effects of illegal immigration can ever be successfully debated in this section of City-Data...
Myself and other anti-illegals come across as supposed racists simply because the defenders of illegal aliens have no viable arguments for their stance so all they have is the race/ethnicity card. This has gone on for years now.

Do you think that this forum is to talk about your personal woes? I could discuss something that you did that was unsavory also (which is quite the hypocricy by the way) but I wouldn't dream of doing that in the open forum. This forum is for discussing illegal immigration not our personal lives. One kook on either side of this issue does not equate to it not being able to be successfully debated.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
The thread isn't isn't very long or complex to easily review it as a counter to that assumption. A few other members are keying off the same statements that I am. Quite a bit of the time you attempt to project that back on me, calling me "ethnocentric" or saying I favor Hispanics over other groups (even my own).

I think that addressing me directly (whether you realized you did or not) is one small step in the direction to determining why you have this behavior (if you don't recognize that you do, you are applying it subconsciously)...
It was no assumption. You initially brought up ethnicity in your post #23.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:33 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,860,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You can't be ethnocentric unless you are advocating for your race/ethnic group to get a pass on our immigration laws. I have never called you one for that reason.

The other members attacking me besides you are obviously defenders of illegal aliens and I am an advocate for the rule of law instead. Well, surprise, surprise that they are backing you up...
"Tyrannis"? I've seen posts saying it didn't matter if immigration was legal or illegally, it all needed to be stopped. That isn't a definition of "defenders of illegal aliens", which you are also applying to "theunbrainwashed".

I can relate better to someone being brutally honest with me, despite having views that I find abhorrent. White-Separatist J.T. Ready was a relief, because he stated exactly who he was. Then he showed he was truly trash by being a baby-killing animal that finally got his priorities straight in killing himself.

Quote:
...Behavior? If you want to talk behavior then feel free to DM me. I would say a lot more about behavior but it wouldn't be proper in the open forum. Yac knows what I am talking about and that's all that matters.
I'm still here, even with "Yac" knowing what a pain I am. If I seem challenging, don't take it personal, that's just the way I am, often playing Devil's Advocate so people (myself included) can learn from the experience. Someone getting butt-hurt in the process really doesn't matter to me, but apparently I've really pushed some buttons.

[Yoda]"But needing to be pressed, they were."[/Yoda]

Old 04-12-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
"Tyrannis"? I've seen posts saying it didn't matter if immigration was legal or illegally, it all needed to be stopped. That isn't a definition of "defenders of illegal aliens", which you are also applying to "theunbrainwashed".

I can relate better to someone being brutally honest with me, despite having views that I find abhorrent. White-Separatist J.T. Ready was a relief, because he stated exactly who he was. Then he showed he was truly trash by being a baby-killing animal that finally got his priorities straight in killing himself.

I'm still here, even with "Yac" knowing what a pain I am. If I seem challenging, don't take it personal, that's just the way I am, often playing Devil's Advocate so people (myself included) can learn from the experience. Someone getting butt-hurt in the process really doesn't matter to me, but apparently I've really pushed some buttons.

[Yoda]"But needing to be pressed, they were."[/Yoda]
False accusations, insults and lies are enough to push anyone's buttons. It's being uncivil and against the TOS in this forum also. I look for civil debate not dealing with those with a chip in their shoulder.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Myself and other anti-illegals come across as supposed racists simply because the defenders of illegal aliens have no viable arguments for their stance so all they have is the race/ethnicity card. This has gone on for years now.

Do you think that this forum is to talk about your personal woes? I could discuss something that you did that was unsavory also (which is quite the hypocricy by the way) but I wouldn't dream of doing that in the open forum. This forum is for discussing illegal immigration not our personal lives...
See, you're recognizing that this forum area varies in the mores that members (and former members) have here. I've stated that I've probably broken every single Commandment at one time or another (even multiple times), plenty of times not doing the "right thing" no matter what religion (or not) I am being judged from. It's bitten me back too. But I am aware of who I am, and won't shy away from the "One" when that day comes.

Quote:
...One kook on either side of this issue does not equate to it not being able to be successfully debated.
Oh, I think it impacts it enough, nor is it limited to just one most of the time...

Quote:
It was no assumption. You initially brought up ethnicity in your post #23.
We'll just rely on one of those thosand-words thingies:

Old 04-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
False accusations, insults and lies are enough to push anyone's buttons. It's being uncivil and against the TOS in this forum also. I look for civil debate not dealing with those with a chip in their shoulder.
No, lies aren't against the ToS, if certain members were Pinocchio they would have a "wood" to be proud of. You do know where "chip on the shoulder" comes from, don't you? What a catharsis, we've gone from comments about South Koreans in the United States, to "pushing buttons" and talking about wood.

Back on topic, South Korea is a Visa Waiver Program country, and they can be here without visas up to 90 days...

Old 04-12-2014, 09:28 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,953,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
That's exactly right. But Oldglory has trouble admitting that. The opposition to illegal immigration is not, nor has it ever been, strictly a legal issue. It's a convenient out for those who lack the courage to be intellectually honest.
Like I said earlier in this thread: I want ALL illegal aliens kicked out of the US, not just some "brown skin" people who speak Spanish. Sheesh!

Old 04-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. Singling you out isn't fair. You and malamute are the worst offenders of the bunch who say with one side of their mouth that illegal is illegal, no matter their ethnicity; while with the other side you complain about the demographics of illegals. Like I said, if their legal status was the only thing that mattered to both of you, ethnicity would not enter the discussion at all.
Uh; MOST illegal aliens are some type of "Hispanic" of ANY race. That's NOT "racist", that's the truth. Sheesh!

Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Here is my post (that you responded to):

How you are calling that a "personal attack", I don't have any idea. It's time to realize how you come across to people, and understanding that this fishbowl "Illegal Immigration" section at City-Data isn't a place to rank your social mores:

Let me accent again, there was a member (now removed) in this section that felt justified to announce (whether she did it or not) that she had looked up my financial records for medical care in the VA system (where she worked). I felt enough concern that I placed a few calls to the VA as to who was accessing my information, and it has impacted me where I participate online far less than what I would like to now. My sole reason for joining City-Data years ago was to figure out who someone was that would later e-mail me that he photographed me and my youngest stepdaughter in front of our house.

With this element at play, I don't ever think that bad effects of illegal immigration can ever be successfully debated in this section of City-Data...
Uh; IBMMuseum, I kinda find that hard to believe since how would that ex CDF member even know what name to look under in the VA unless YOU somehow gave out a strong hint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration