Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:20 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,701,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^I'm guessing that you have a lot of time on your hands, IBM.
LOL. Can you believe that post? Glad I am consistent. Wonder how I got on his radar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,701,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Early on in 2013, you called for deporting everyone that wasn't a U.S. citizen:

What's holding it down to just the illegal aliens this year for you? You've also said there should be a five-year ban on naturalization (over 65% of the 13.5 million Legal Permanent Residents currently qualify to apply for U.S. citizenship):

In North Carolina for 2014, you have one Senate election, and one House of Representative election for your Congressional District. The Governor election isn't until 2016, so other than the two races, it's whatever local positions (and whatever their input is on illegal immigration at a national level). Write-in candidates generally have no way of winning.
I am trying to figure out the reason for your post. Are you trying to prove you have the ability to go back and look at old posts? You have told me absolutely nothing I didn't already know??

As for the last paragraph, I learned a long time ago that the people who pick out our presidential nominees are those local people that you seem to be dismissing. Jeb Bush can go fly a kite is my opinion and my opinion does count. Watch and learn. Sometimes a movement just needs a little encouragement. A lawless America with illegals standing on the streets mouthing at legal citizens will some day be a thing of the past.

I guess some of you have forgotten the Alamo.

And those polls telling you most people don't mind the illegals are here have to be rigged. I don't know one legal citizen that wants them here except those members of congress who have them working for them. Hagan rode in with Obama in a state election that left a lot of questions thus our voter identification law was enacted.

Twice I have had people ask just how this president came to be elected. The persons saying that both said they did not know one person who would admit to voting for him. Nobody I know voted for him.

Last edited by NCN; 04-16-2014 at 09:50 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 PM

45 posts, read 137,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
LOL. Can you believe that post? Glad I am consistent. Wonder how I got on his radar?
It's called the search function

Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am trying to figure out the reason for your post. Are you trying to prove you have the ability to go back and look at old posts? You have told me absolutely nothing I didn't already know??

As for the last paragraph, I learned a long time ago that the people who pick out our presidential nominees are those local people that you seem to be dismissing. Jeb Bush can go fly a kite is my opinion and my opinion does count. Watch and learn. Sometimes a movement just needs a little encouragement. A lawless America with illegals standing on the streets mouthing at legal citizens will some day be a thing of the past.

I guess some of you have forgotten the Alamo.

And those polls telling you most people don't mind the illegals are here have to be rigged. I don't know one legal citizen that wants them here except those members of congress who have them working for them. Hagan rode in with Obama in a state election that left a lot of questions thus our voter identification law was enacted.

Twice I have had people ask just how this president came to be elected. The persons saying that both said they did not know one person who would admit to voting for him. Nobody I know voted for him.
For your polls issue, do you know anyone outside of your friends? If I hung out with people like me and not with anyone different, well I guess people would have the same opinion as me too huh? I have seen polls from Fox News to Cnn, so what you are saying is that they are ALL off? That doesn't seem possible.

Oh, the Alamo huh? Are you even from Texas? Let's see..

People here on this forum complain about undocumented workers..so let's see

1. They come here illegally
2. They don't assimilate
3. They refuse to learn English
4. They break laws

Now, let's see what Anglos in Texas did

1. Were originally allowed to come WITH PERMISSION from the Mexican government. Many others ignored that and just moved in anyway, which caused them to be here ILLEGALLY.
2. They refused to assimilate to Mexico's ways.
3. They refused to learn spanish.
4. They broke laws by fighting against their government and becoming traitors.

So I guess you are right about one thing..I guess history can repeat itself. Too bad for most on here, but it's the other way around.

Last edited by Darkknight01; 04-16-2014 at 10:14 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 10:32 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,953,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknight01 View Post
For your polls issue, do you know anyone outside of your friends? If I hung out with people like me and not with anyone different, well I guess people would have the same opinion as me too huh? I have seen polls from Fox News to Cnn, so what you are saying is that they are ALL off? That doesn't seem possible.

2. They don't assimilate
4. They break laws

1. Were originally allowed to come WITH PERMISSION from the Mexican government. Many others ignored that and just moved in anyway, which caused them to be here ILLEGALLY.

So I guess you are right about one thing..I guess history can repeat itself. Too bad for most on here, but it's the other way around.
Uh; what about what the Hispanics did to the Indians in what is now Mexico and the US 500 years ago? Hell; if we're gonna go there, word was some Indian tribes did some real nasty things to other tribes way back in the day. Sheesh!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; what about what the Hispanics did to the Indians in what is now Mexico and the US 500 years ago? Hell; if we're gonna go there, word was some Indian tribes did some real nasty things to other tribes way back in the day. Sheesh!
No, we are not talking about that and this has nothing to do with anglos moving in to Texas or illegal immigration.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,271,882 times
Quote:

2. They don't assimilate
4. They break laws

At some point you learn from history and move on. What we did 200 years ago as a norm no longer applies today. International law recognizes a nation's right to determine their own immigration laws. The fact that the USA allows more legal immigration than all other nations combined indicates that their are many paths to legal immigration. WE also by law have the right to determine who we find acceptable. We are under no obligation to allow anyone who wants to immigrate to this nation. They on the other hand are required to meet our standards.
The fact that we don't need uneducated, non-english speakers is reason enough to prevent a path to citizenship to most illegals.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
At some point you learn from history and move on. What we did 200 years ago as a norm no longer applies today. International law recognizes a nation's right to determine their own immigration laws. The fact that the USA allows more legal immigration than all other nations combined indicates that their are many paths to legal immigration. WE also by law have the right to determine who we find acceptable. We are under no obligation to allow anyone who wants to immigrate to this nation. They on the other hand are required to meet our standards.
The fact that we don't need uneducated, non-english speakers is reason enough to prevent a path to citizenship to most illegals.
So basically, it was ok for these people, but not anyone else? Idk, sounds kinda hypocritical to me. I personally think that if we are going to kick out "illegals" then we need to start now. I don't care if its 2014, to 1785. If your family came here illegally then you need to be out, leave america to the indians and that's it for all I care. You say that we have a right, ok so there are some people that are illegal here. The U.S. is allowing them to stay, so therefore the government here is deciding who they are allowing to stay and who not. what is use of complaining about it. You can't have it both ways. Since the government is not actively kicking people out,then it has made its decision.

As for your last line, that is so not true, met a guy from Mexico once, thought he didn't have a degree, turned out he was a doctor. You can't judge a book by its cover. I also like how no one has a clear way of justifying how what was done 150 years ago is ok.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:25 AM

63,315 posts, read 29,392,002 times
Quote:

2. They don't assimilate
4. They break laws

So you are bringing the past and dead people into the discussion to use as justification for illegal immigration today? What has that to do with those of us alive today and modern day immigration laws which every country has? Every country has internationally recognized borders today regardless of how they were achieved. History will not repeat itself and if Mexicans think they have some claim on Texas or any other southwestern states based on the past then why are many of them here in all 50 states as illegal aliens (not undocumented workers).

As for poll results it depends on how questions are asked and who is being polled.

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-17-2014 at 06:49 AM..

Old 04-17-2014, 06:42 AM

63,315 posts, read 29,392,002 times
Quote:
So basically, it was ok for these people, but not anyone else? Idk, sounds kinda hypocritical to me. I personally think that if we are going to kick out "illegals" then we need to start now. I don't care if its 2014, to 1785. If your family came here illegally then you need to be out, leave america to the indians and that's it for all I care. You say that we have a right, ok so there are some people that are illegal here. The U.S. is allowing them to stay, so therefore the government here is deciding who they are allowing to stay and who not. what is use of complaining about it. You can't have it both ways. Since the government is not actively kicking people out,then it has made its decision.

As for your last line, that is so not true, met a guy from Mexico once, thought he didn't have a degree, turned out he was a doctor. You can't judge a book by its cover. I also like how no one has a clear way of justifying how what was done 150 years ago is ok.
But those people are all dead now. We aren't them and they aren't us. Why would you ask us about the past when we weren't even a part of it? Who's justifying the past? Anyone born on our soil is not here illegally and deemed to be a citizen of this country. What makes you think that most of our ancestors came here illegally? FYI, even the so-called natives migrated here from somewhere else. Speaking of hypocricy, why was it ok for them to migrate here but not the Europeans?

The government is sworn to uphold and enforce our laws. They can't just decide they aren't going to. We don't live in a dictatorship. Our government is supposed to represent our citizens not illegal aliens.

I hate to break it to you but if you are implying that many or even most illegal aliens are doctors or of any skilled, educated trades you are greatly mistaken. The vast majority of illegal aliens are quite the opposite and are a drain on our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration