Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,717,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknight01 View Post
So basically, it was ok for these people, but not anyone else? Idk, sounds kinda hypocritical to me. I personally think that if we are going to kick out "illegals" then we need to start now. I don't care if its 2014, to 1785. If your family came here illegally then you need to be out, leave america to the indians and that's it for all I care. You say that we have a right, ok so there are some people that are illegal here. The U.S. is allowing them to stay, so therefore the government here is deciding who they are allowing to stay and who not. what is use of complaining about it. You can't have it both ways. Since the government is not actively kicking people out,then it has made its decision.

As for your last line, that is so not true, met a guy from Mexico once, thought he didn't have a degree, turned out he was a doctor. You can't judge a book by its cover. I also like how no one has a clear way of justifying how what was done 150 years ago is ok.
You just hit on the real problem. It is not our government allowing this to happen. Congress didn't have enough stupidity to do immigration reform. They know we don't want reform; we want enforcement of our good laws already on the books. This administration is refusing to do the job they swore to do when elected.

First part of your post sounds like something out of a bottle. Makes no sense whatsoever. I live in an area of the USA that is so old most of our ancestors were here when the country was formed. I know few immigrants. You seem to be one of those people that does not know what immigrant means. I am not an immigrant and neither were my ancestors. Stop twisting facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,882,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — Latinos and immigration activists are warning of political peril for President Barack Obama and Democrats in the fall election unless the president acts boldly and soon to curb deportations and allow more immigrants to remain legally in the U.S.

Immigration activists urge Obama to act boldly

Like the fans of illegal aliens are gonna vote for Repubs? LOL!
These LOSERS are never going to be satisfied, What political peril is there for Obama? He's already a lame duck and can't run again.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,907,517 times
Default Course of Action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You just hit on the real problem. It is not our government allowing this to happen. Congress didn't have enough stupidity to do immigration reform. They know we don't want reform; we want enforcement of our good laws already on the books. This administration is refusing to do the job they swore to do when elected.

First part of your post sounds like something out of a bottle. Makes no sense whatsoever. I live in an area of the USA that is so old most of our ancestors were here when the country was formed. I know few immigrants. You seem to be one of those people that does not know what immigrant means. I am not an immigrant and neither were my ancestors. Stop twisting facts.
The way to get Immigration right on course again is to stop. Enforce all laws so there is no favoritism. Secure the borders.
Deport those who willfully broke American Laws from Vis Fraud to Identity theft. Deport for sure the criminal element that is here in this country.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:11 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,498,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But those people are all dead now. We aren't them and they aren't us. Why would you ask us about the past when we weren't even a part of it? Who's justifying the past? Anyone born on our soil is not here illegally and deemed to be a citizen of this country. What makes you think that most of our ancestors came here illegally? FYI, even the so-called natives migrated here from somewhere else. Speaking of hypocricy, why was it ok for them to migrate here but not the Europeans?

The government is sworn to uphold and enforce our laws. They can't just decide they aren't going to. We don't live in a dictatorship. Our government is supposed to represent our citizens not illegal aliens.

I hate to break it to you but if you are implying that many or even most illegal aliens are doctors or of any skilled, educated trades you are greatly mistaken. The vast majority of illegal aliens are quite the opposite and are a drain on our country.

Thank you Oldglory, a glory you are. Most illegal aliens are not Doctors in any way shape or form.

Tell that to our friend who was mowed the hell down by an illegal. Hit him head on riding a motorcycle. Then fled the scene years ago. This poor man has a plate in almost every part of his body including his head, arms, legs I can go on. Oh by the way did I mention he was driving drunk, and without a license.

Many come to this Country, causing chaos, and many crimes. Sure you have some that come for the right reasons. The way I look at this, if they were coming here for the right of reasoning, then why not do it legal. Who in the hell is anyone who thinks they have a right to blackmail the government into thinking what they deem probable. Those who are lawbreakers, who care not about any law.

Try this in Mexico, let me know how far you get at your demands!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:29 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,430,010 times
Quote:
So basically, it was ok for these people, but not anyone else? Idk, sounds kinda hypocritical to me. I personally think that if we are going to kick out "illegals" then we need to start now. I don't care if its 2014, to 1785. If your family came here illegally then you need to be out, leave america to the indians and that's it for all I care. You say that we have a right, ok so there are some people that are illegal here. The U.S. is allowing them to stay, so therefore the government here is deciding who they are allowing to stay and who not. what is use of complaining about it. You can't have it both ways. Since the government is not actively kicking people out,then it has made its decision.

As for your last line, that is so not true, met a guy from Mexico once, thought he didn't have a degree, turned out he was a doctor. You can't judge a book by its cover. I also like how no one has a clear way of justifying how what was done 150 years ago is ok.
I'm not trying to justify it at all. My ancestors had nothing to do with it; we were still in Europe at the time. My grandparents were all immigrants. Refugees, to be precise. This is why I still support genuine refugees/asylum seekers. However, they still used legal methods to get to the United States even though, as Jews, they were being hunted like dogs across northern and eastern Europe. Had they stayed where they were, the odds were near-certain that they would have been rounded up and shipped to death camps or herded into ghettos to be beaten to death by soldiers, to starve, or to die of easily-preventable diseases. So I sympathize with people in similar situations and I think we have a moral obligation to help them. However, few places on Earth resemble Hitler's empire, and thank god for that. The countries contributing the overwhelming majority of illegals are certainly nothing like it.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,280,869 times
Quote:

To the best of my knowledge no one is trying to justify the actions of 150 years ago. We did many things 150 years ago that we no longer do today. My great grandfather may have rubbed sticks to make a fire, but damned if I will just because he did it.
150 years of evolution has changed many things. Like I won't ride a horse to go to town. I drive my Toyota truck instead.
We used to hang black people if it was thought they were having sexual relations with whites. We don't do that any more either.
Shoot indians on sight doesn't happen anymore.
We have evolved. Our laws have evolved.
Most illegals are not Doctors, chemists, or something wonderful. Most people of that caliber elect to obey immigration laws.
Illegals made a choice or a series of choices and most those choices involve violating our laws.
They deserve to be held accountable. 150 years ago what were the immigration laws of this country? Was there international law recognizing a nation's right to determine immigration laws?
The world has changed and for the better. Do you really want to go back to how we did things 150 years ago????

Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
To the best of my knowledge no one is trying to justify the actions of 150 years ago. We did many things 150 years ago that we no longer do today. My great grandfather may have rubbed sticks to make a fire, but damned if I will just because he did it.
150 years of evolution has changed many things. Like I won't ride a horse to go to town. I drive my Toyota truck instead.
We used to hang black people if it was thought they were having sexual relations with whites. We don't do that any more either.
Most illegals are not Doctors, chemists, or something wonderful. Most people of that caliber elect to obey immigration laws.
Illegals made a choice or a series of choices and most those choices involve violating our laws.
They deserve to be held accountable. 150 years ago what were the immigration laws of this country? Was there international law recognizing a nation's right to determine immigration laws?
The world has changed and for the better. Do you really want to go back to how we did things 150 years ago????
"NCN" was (mis)representing the Alamo as Texans countering Mexico encroachment on our territory, when that was actually reversed. Americans (distinguished individuals like Sam Houston, Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett, but still trying to wrest territory from Mexico) and outsiders (only 13 that died at the Alamo were native "Texians") thought they were doing honorable things. William Travis, whom shared the command of the Alamo with Jim Bowie (only because Bowie got extremely drunk when he was elected to lead) phrased it (in part) this way in his "Victory or Death" letter to appeal for support from more Americans:

Quote:
Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch. The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily and will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible and die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country.
Amazingly he was in another country's territory at the time, and he did die in that land...

Old 04-17-2014, 11:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,905,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Exactly. Trying to justify massive illegal immigration with the fact that some people might have come illegally 150 years ago is just like saying it would be okay to own slaves because people in the past owned slaves. The past is the past. There is nothing we can do to stop people 150 years ago from doing something.

And if it would make the open border side happy -- if they can find someone who came in here illegally 150 or 200 years ago -- go ahead and deport them. Deport the current illegals also of course.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,905,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"NCN" was (mis)representing the Alamo as Texans countering Mexico encroachment on our territory, when that was actually reversed. Americans (distinguished individuals like Sam Houston, Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett, but still trying to wrest territory from Mexico) and outsiders (only 13 that died at the Alamo were native "Texians") thought they were doing honorable things. William Travis, whom shared the command of the Alamo with Jim Bowie (only because Bowie got extremely drunk when he was elected to lead) phrased it (in part) this way in his "Victory or Death" letter to appeal for support from more Americans:

Amazingly he was in another country's territory at the time, and he did die in that land...
There were more English speaking white people living in Texas than there were Mexicans at the time of Texas Independence. The real truth was that most of them moved to Texas when it was ruled by Spain. Mexico only inherited Texas and the other northern territories from Spain, but Mexico's government was never competent.

How come the French never demand unlimited immigration to the USA because France once ruled over Louisiana? And the Russians also never insist they don't have to respect immigration laws because Russia once owned Alaska.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There were more English speaking white people living in Texas than there were Mexicans at the time of Texas Independence...
It should have been that they were speaking Spanish (to comply with the Mexican immigration laws that were set for them). They didn't want to assimilate, speak the language of the land, or follow those rules, and came more to conquer. What irony is that, with the same complaint (reversed) being said today.

There was more "Texians" than Mexicans, because their parents came, had some "anchors", and wanted to take over the place by putting more of their population there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration