Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:57 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
So we can both agree human dignity and decency requires we extend the same rights and privileges to Mexican citizens as Mexico extends to American citizens.

For example it is a well established fact that an American woman man or child, who doesn't have insurance receives all required medical aid if they are hurt or become sick in Mexico even if they don't have insurance. Especially if an American crosses the border illegally in Mexico they receive the best emergency care possible. This is the way it has always been for decades.
Okay---Is your post for real or is it sarcasm? The reason I ask is that I've read far too many stories about Americans getting injured in Mexico and the hospitals they are in refuse to release them until their bill is paid.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Okay---Is your post for real or is it sarcasm? The reason I ask is that I've read far too many stories about Americans getting injured in Mexico and the hospitals they are in refuse to release them until their bill is paid.
Interesting.But here in America we take these people in with open arms that purposely abuse the bill and get to leave with a free service that americans need to pay. Awesome Not only that , they use up our services from local towns that tax payers are paying for such as ambulances, cops, emts, fire crews, etc. How much do they pay? Not a penny.

His post is trying to point something out that you might of just done yourself in your reply.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Kind of strange the word is out ALL Americans have $$$$.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No clue, but these same people coming from a dysfunctional Mexico won't protest their government to change, but they will protest in our streets demanding our government change to suit them.

I think this is what pisses off so many Americans born in this Country. Or had Realitives years ago who came to this great Country to become American. But had to come to this Country, and do it by the law..

Americans cannot pull this chit in other Countries, and if so, please tell all the name of the Country that would permit this crap to happen.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:49 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
...The documentary explains that women who live in Palomas, Mexico often cross the border to give birth [in] Columbus, New Mexico because the U.S. hospital is closer than the nearest facility in Mexico and the local Palomas clinic doesn’t always have a doctor on staff. "So for decades, women in labor have been allowed to cross the border and go to the nearest hospital, which happens to be just 30 miles north of the U.S. border,” the documentary says. “Once they give birth there, the children become citizens.”
Geography fail: Columbus (I've been there many times) is right on the border. It is Deming, New Mexico that is "30 miles north of the border". The facility in Deming is a larger hospital, but there are facilities in both Palomas and Columbus to give birth.

Quote:
“Obviously here in Columbus is something I’ve never seen before,” Duncan says in the video. “You have children who are American citizens at the local elementary school – Columbus Elementary – the majority of the kids travel back and forth across the border every single day.”
The children are citizens because often the parents are in a Mexican border town/city like blogger 'Emi' (a U.S. citizen) and her husband Ray: Waiting out a ban to come back to the U.S.

"CNS News" is hack journalism at its worst, where else can you "donate" money to a news organization to keep them in operation?...

Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Amen to that. Purposely aiming to give birth in US Territory is criminal!
Parents (most of them U.S. citizens) do it all the time...

Old 04-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
A Mexican national residing in Mexico who temporarily crosses the US border with no intention of staying in the US is not breaking any US laws.
Correct, they can even have a Border Crossing Card that allows them to travel further than Deming, and stay up to 72 hours...

Old 04-17-2014, 06:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Good, we are one of the few, if only, countries in the world that allow anchor babies
Actually, almost all countries (except some Caribbean nations and Colombia) in the Americas have birthright citizenship, but thanks for playing. Just shows people who are anti-illegal immigration and/or anti-Hispanic don't have much knowledge of anything south of the border.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Except that our constitution was not written to allow foreigners, illegally crossing our borders, and popping out a kid before we can deport them, and claiming that kid has US citizenship...
In the case of many countries (currently about 40), pregnant women don't need a visa to visit the United States. But around here, it's only an issue if it is something about Mexico. When are we hearing about mothers from those other countries giving birth here?

Quote:
...We need to sign treaties and define our laws, so that when a foreigner who is within our borders, and violating our immigration laws, has a child, that the child is NOT a citizen of the US, that it's a citizen of their home country. Any country that refuses to abide by these laws, their citizens will be denied entrance into our country.
That really doesn't work, as there are those like my wife and stepchildren, Mexican citizens that enter the United States by their status (of Legal Permanent Resident) here...

Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
In the case of many countries (currently about 40), pregnant women don't need a visa to visit the United States. But around here, it's only an issue if it is something about Mexico. When are we hearing about mothers from those other countries giving birth here?

That really doesn't work, as there are those like my wife and stepchildren, Mexican citizens that enter the United States by their status (of Legal Permanent Resident) here...
f course. There are rarely any protests or scathing comments directed at Chinese illegals here, which make up the 2nd largest illegal immigrant population, by a couple million. Where is the hate directed toward them? Oh, I know why. Chinese kids that are born here usually do very well in school, and the families have much lower crime rates than the Mexicans. So, the anti-illegal crowd turns a blind eye towards them and concentrates on those ugly, brown, criminal DNA mestizos instead. It also helps that, despite having "funny looking eyes" and a flat nose, at least Chinese people have white skin . Eastern Europeans also make up a large chunk of the illegal population, but who cares, they're as white as everyone else.

Yes, Packard fan, illegal is illegal. My post is not directed at you, specifically. It's to those who say in one breath, illegal is illegal, while with the other breath advocate shooting illegals, letting them rot in the desert, etc., and those who argue that illegals will dilute white Anglo culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration