Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2023, 09:43 AM

16,751 posts, read 8,739,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Not mine. It was something I read today.

All cultures have their good and their bad. I'd be willing to trade some of our homeless panhandlers for the migrants that actually work.

On the aggregate, our homeless people are more educated and assimilated into American culture than 3rd world illegal aliens.

We have immigration policies to come into the country legally, which requires them to speak English, pass an American history test, etc.
Which do you think are more likely to be a positive contributor our society, the legal immigrants or illegal aliens?

It certainly isn't this type of person;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0R39M5ZAAQ

Old 10-04-2023, 10:16 AM

8,584 posts, read 4,828,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Huh? The Bay area is a cesspool of third worlders who are balkinizing our country just like they doing in many other large cities.
SF is struggling but that’s less than 1mln people out of well over 7mln.

Old 10-04-2023, 08:51 PM

4,464 posts, read 5,193,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
The Bay Area is a cesspool. No doubt about it. It’s a diseased terd floating atop a gleaming silicon lake.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:02 PM

8,418 posts, read 3,015,108 times
Quote:
Yes. And the city is hiring pooper scoopers to clean human excrement off the sidewalks.

Ice cream anybody????

Old 10-05-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
The Bay Area is a cesspool. No doubt about it. It’s a diseased terd floating atop a gleaming silicon lake.
Ok. I mean, I wouldn’t know anything. All I did was grow up and spend 20 years there.

Old 10-05-2023, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Yes. And the city is hiring pooper scoopers to clean human excrement off the sidewalks.

Ice cream anybody????
Yeah. The city.

SF isn’t even the biggest city there. It’s 47 miles from the house I grew up in, and I don’t know much which applies in an urban city which applies in suburbs some 47 miles away. 800,000 people out of ~7.5 mil live in the place which merits news…so…yeah.

Old 10-06-2023, 03:50 PM

4,464 posts, read 5,193,409 times
Quote:
Ok. I mean, I wouldn’t know anything. All I did was grow up and spend 20 years there.
I lived there to, when it was on the come up. Thinnest skin people I have ever met, by a long shot. Diverse, but an utter failure in multicultural/racial interaction.

Don’t get me wrong, it looks beautiful from afar, although it’s politics enabled arguable the most beautiful city in this country to become a cesspool in a mere 3 years time. SF politics pervades the entire Bay btw, just differently.

And we also realize that not every cul de sac in the Bay has tents and human excrement in the street. Though such pristine sections exist in Kinshasa and Dhakar as well.

Old 10-07-2023, 09:18 AM

35,366 posts, read 17,273,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Agreed it has failed. Maybe multiculturalism OR racial diversity. But not both at once, with racial diversity having the better chance for success.

These issues don’t operate in a vacuum either. There needs to be a large established to start with. One you don’t have much respect for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have no problem with racial diversity but I do have a problem with a foreign culture taking over our identifying one via massive illegal immigration and that is what is happening in our country today. It's neither natural nor lawful.
I have posted another post and my response from a thread I OP'd in History:
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
The good news is, in tremendous credit to the Japanese American population is that they bore it, accepted it and largely focused on keeping their communities together during the internment years. When the war was over, many didn't even take the admittedly modest sums of cash offered by the government. They saw their community through the lens of an American, and while they probably did not like it, bore that cross for the country.

And then they rebuilt their communities and became one of the most successful and respected groups in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Same way the Jews and other immigrant groups have. My fear, and this is off-topic, that there is no pressure on incoming "asylum seekers" to similar meld in, integrate, work and contribute.
I think the key is whether the immigrants are primarily feeding their families back in their mother countries, and/or plan to go back, or whether they have staked their futures here, in the U.S. or, in the case of the OP for this thread, Britain. Obviously, the Jews were not going back to Germany, Poland or other European hell-holes. The Venezuelans cascading into the U.S. probably consider themselves as going back. Therefore they are feeding their families rather than sending for them. The U.S. cannot tolerate a population of permanent ex-patriots.

Old 10-07-2023, 12:04 PM

15,627 posts, read 7,665,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I have posted another post and my response from a thread I OP'd in History:

I think the key is whether the immigrants are primarily feeding their families back in their mother countries, and/or plan to go back, or whether they have staked their futures here, in the U.S. or, in the case of the OP for this thread, Britain. Obviously, the Jews were not going back to Germany, Poland or other European hell-holes. The Venezuelans cascading into the U.S. probably consider themselves as going back. Therefore they are feeding their families rather than sending for them. The U.S. cannot tolerate a population of permanent ex-patriots.
What is an ex-patriot? Do you mean expatriate? The Venezuelans are desperate, and many of them are educated.

Old 10-07-2023, 03:41 PM

35,366 posts, read 17,273,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
What is an ex-patriot? Do you mean expatriate? The Venezuelans are desperate, and many of them are educated.
Typo. Thanks. We cannot have a group that permanently remain attached more to another country than ours. Where this leads, Internment of Japanese-Americans - Justified or Just Racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration