Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2023, 12:54 PM

15,647 posts, read 7,688,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
What’s your take on this thread? “The multicultural experiment has failed.” Do you agree?

Do you know that prior to the Immigration act of 1965 the U.S. was about 90% white? I preferred it that way. But it is what it is today and there’s not much I can do about it. The U.S. is quickly turning into a 3rd world country. Fortunately Trump will do something about it.

I suggest military on the border with electrified razor wire. Mass deportation. And busting politicians and those that hire or harbor illegal invaders. These slime don’t respect our laws.

And just for humor how about we bring crocodiles into the Rio Grande and a 24 hour live cam. No PPV. :-)
I don't agree that multiculturalism has failed. What has failed is the racists in this country who don't want to see anything ever change. I get it, you feel threatened because you fear anyone who doesn't look like you.

Trump is going to be in prison. He won't be able to do anything from there.

You prefer whites? What makes you think Whites are better than any other race or ethnicity? Where are you from originally?

Old 10-10-2023, 01:30 PM

8,592 posts, read 4,840,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We do have an identifying culture and language. All we expect is for immigrants to assimilate into our society. How is that a bad thing? It doesn't mean that immigrants can't practice their own cultures in their own homes but when out in mainstream be one of us instead of apart from us.

No one has said that American culture is better or special either. That remark was just meant to demonize us. But it is "our" culture and if you don't like it then don't come here!
I don’t believe I said it was a bad thing, just that defining our culture seems a little more squishy to me than for many cultures. The defining constants, in my book, are change, immigration, and dynamism, all of which are interrelated, along with a surviving strain of the Puritan culture which should mesh well with some cultures, and be baffling to those from other cultures. And that’s about all I can see which is constant.

Old 10-10-2023, 01:49 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,197,796 times
Personally, I believe that the identifying culture of the United States is directly borne from the way in which this country was founded. Our culture is self-determination, a can-do attitude, and the desire to live for oneself and one's family. In a word, individualism versus collectivism.

And yes, that is in direct contradiction to the attitudes of many of the illegal immigrants coming to the U.S. today.

Old 10-10-2023, 02:00 PM

8,428 posts, read 3,019,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I don't agree that multiculturalism has failed. What has failed is the racists in this country who don't want to see anything ever change. I get it, you feel threatened because you fear anyone who doesn't look like you.

Trump is going to be in prison. He won't be able to do anything from there.

You prefer whites? What makes you think Whites are better than any other race or ethnicity? Where are you from originally?
If the U.S. has a major problem with “rAcIsM” wtf do more non-whites flock to the U.S. legally and illegally than any other place on earth by far? You talk about black and brown people. Why the hell aren’t they going to black and brown countries where there aren’t nearly as many white racists as you suggest?

Could it be that they aren’t concerned with white racism because it’s insignificant to them and they see it’s a load of bull from those that suggest white racism is a problem here? Race based programs for all but whites, Affirmative Action, organizations in the name of every race but whites.

It seems whites get shafted daily by the government, media, and academia. They’ve been spoon fed white guilt since birth and taught in schools how mean and nasty and racist and unfair whites are. Weak minded brainwashed whites fall for that BS.

Go to USDOJ and FBISTATS and tell me which groups have the highest rates of hate crime convictions. It ain’t whites. The most violent racists in the U.S. are not white. Not even close.

I don’t care if you’re racist as long as you keep your hands to yourself and the government, media, and academia treats people equally which they obviously don’t. My white privilege didn’t seem to kick in when I applied for the LAFD when they told me literally they “aren’t accepting applications from whites”.

I suggest any whites applying for a job or trying to get into a university DO NOT list your race on your app. Check off “other”.

I think far too many whites go out of their way to prove they’re not racist at their own expense. Too many would never defend their own race from injustice. They just crawl in a hole afraid of being accused of being “racist”.

That term is so burnt out, over used and misused that it no longer has any pull. All it takes to be “racist” is being born white. When someone calls me racist for defending my race I accept it as a badge of honor. If you’re white and haven’t been accused of being that evil dreaded term “racist” you haven’t been pulling your weight. Get busy.

“You prefer whites. What makes you think whites are better than any other race….. “

So you think those that prefer to be mostly around people of their own race are better? Isn’t that racist? So to you people that marry or hang out mostly with people of their own race are “racist”?

You think homogenous countries should be flooded with people from other races and cultures? African nations need more diversity? Japan need more diversity or they’re “racist”.

Born and raised in L.A. Worked in south central for 19 years with blacks and Hispanics. Moved out of Commiefornia for many reasons including demographics. I prefer to be in a town that’s mostly of my own race. Nothing wrong with that or those that don’t prefer it. Freedom of association.

I now don’t have to watch my back, don’t lock my doors, COL is a little higher lately since Howdy Doody became POTUS but nothing like overpriced big city BS. I live in a relatively small town in the Midwest which is safe, white, and conservative. We have a small % or blacks and Hispanics here and they conform to the local culture.

I don’t have a problem with non-whites. If I have a problem with anybody it’s white clowns and hypocrites that throw their own race under the bus. They should avoid me.

Old 10-10-2023, 04:37 PM

19,906 posts, read 12,199,216 times
Quote:
Most white "conservatives" I've met are flat out racist. They hate the thought of their neighborhood having other cultures move in and upset the "balance". They don't want Blacks moving in, they don't want brown people moving in. They want book banning, "Christian" Whites, and no one else. The kind of people that should a Black family move in, they put their house up for sale and move to another Stepford neighborhood.
Where are these fictional Stepford neighborhoods?

Old 10-10-2023, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisal1902 View Post
Ya read a lot into what isn't there.

You prefer POC? What makes you think POC are better than any other race or ethnicity?

Can you do better than pulling out the R-card?
I don't prefer any race or culture.

Old 10-10-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Where are these fictional Stepford neighborhoods?
You can start with areas that voted for Trump and have a lot of MAGA signs out front.

Old 10-10-2023, 05:10 PM

19,906 posts, read 12,199,216 times
Quote:
You can start with areas that voted for Trump and have a lot of MAGA signs out front.
You have quite an imagination.

The only MAGA guy I know is a (legally) gun owning gay Mexican American. Tonight he was telling us about how he and his boyfriend were harassed by a left wing Karen who was pissed off about the stickers on his car. When he told her they were a gay couple and proud gun owners she lost it and chased them in her car. Of course, he was smart enough to file a police report on that lefty psycho.

Old 10-10-2023, 06:21 PM

8,428 posts, read 3,019,576 times
Quote:
This comment says it all about this guy. :-)

But back to the topic. Multiculturalism is destroying the west. You import 3rd world freeloaders by the millions and your committing suicide. No first world country does this to the extreme the U.S. is doing because of this corrupt treasonous admin.

They need to be removed, locked up to a 10 year prison sentence, and replaced asap. Before it gets any worse. They and sanctuary city mayors.

And these invaders need to be deported as long as it takes. This is an act of war. Let’s see what Trump does. At his worst he’s much better than the senile pedophile punk puppet. Anyone that still supports this admin needs a sanity test and/or purposely wants the country destroyed.

This is sick. Would have made a hell of an unbelievable horror movie.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 10-10-2023 at 06:45 PM..

Old 10-10-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisal1902 View Post
But your posts show a strong preference for which race/culture you hate.
And which one do you think that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration