Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 05:21 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Here lies one major problem is that US doesn't have the manpower nor the might to get rid of invaders. What makes Americans think they can beat China or Russia really head on in a war without resorting to nukes? If we can't deport unarmed illegals here, it can easily cause a major nationwide issue if these invaders were to suddenly turned to mutiny if they knew a deportation is underway. We have a huge crisis on our hands.
They can be deported, it’s just going to take a long time to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 05:36 AM

6,416 posts, read 3,131,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
He needs to take executive action to perform these tasks? I think he and his administration could be doing this right now, if they wanted.
That's the "normal" liberal Democrat way of doing things.....do something stupid, which creates a huge issue, blame the conservatives for it, then claim that they're going to solve the massive problem (that THEY created, in the first place!!), and be the heroes of the day......

Old 02-27-2024, 07:03 AM

1,931 posts, read 818,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
They can be deported, it’s just going to take a long time to do it.
Back in the 1950's "operation w3tbvck" deported over 1 million in around 6 months. I'm sure we could do it again.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:24 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,077,502 times
The greatest deportation in the history of this country is coming soon.

Old 02-27-2024, 08:24 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
Back in the 1950's "operation w3tbvck" deported over 1 million in around 6 months. I'm sure we could do it again.
Except now we have at least 30 million here today. I'm afraid we are going to be stuck with most of them unless we use much harsher measures than when Ike did it.

Old 02-27-2024, 10:58 AM

1,931 posts, read 818,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Except now we have at least 30 million here today. I'm afraid we are going to be stuck with most of them unless we use much harsher measures than when Ike did it.
We also have 5 times as many CBP agents as we did in the 1950's

Old 02-27-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
We also have 5 times as many CBP agents as we did in the 1950's
I think that's the job of Homeland Security not the Border Patrol but yes of course there are more DHS employees now. Eisenhower conducted raids on farms as that is where most illegals were working. That's not the case today. Millions of businesses would have to be raided.

Old 02-27-2024, 01:09 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think that's the job of Homeland Security not the Border Patrol but yes of course there are more DHS employees now. Eisenhower conducted raids on farms as that is where most illegals were working. That's not the case today. Millions of businesses would have to be raided.
Raids alone won't solve anything. As have said many state or local governments have laid down law for some time, they won't cooperate in any way feds on immigration raids. Without such local support from major areas where illegals are (CA, NY, etc...) raids become expensive, time consuming and not very productive.

Ramp up I-9 audits and consequences, that will make many employers think twice about hiring illegals.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...ase-nationwide

That being said however there are major issues with all sorts of INS actions.

Take construction. While it varies by area most major urban ones have tons of illegals on both small or large jobs. Problem is by time contractor or sub sends in paperwork, gets back "no match" letter from SSA, and or even INS does show up whatever work contractor or sub was doing is often done and workers gone.

Old 02-27-2024, 03:25 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
The greatest deportation in the history of this country is coming soon.
Not soon enough.

Somebody get me a horse and some rope!

https://nypost.com/2024/02/27/us-new...ull-affidavit/

Old 02-27-2024, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Raids alone won't solve anything. As have said many state or local governments have laid down law for some time, they won't cooperate in any way feds on immigration raids. Without such local support from major areas where illegals are (CA, NY, etc...) raids become expensive, time consuming and not very productive.

Ramp up I-9 audits and consequences, that will make many employers think twice about hiring illegals.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...ase-nationwide

That being said however there are major issues with all sorts of INS actions.

Take construction. While it varies by area most major urban ones have tons of illegals on both small or large jobs. Problem is by time contractor or sub sends in paperwork, gets back "no match" letter from SSA, and or even INS does show up whatever work contractor or sub was doing is often done and workers gone.
In regards to a major deportation effort business raids would have to be the number one method. No audits needed just prove to the feds during the raid that you are an authorized worker. Homeland Security wouldn't be able to enter private homes to weed them out. We keep being told that immigration is a federal matter so why would they need to have local support?

Last edited by Oldglory; 02-27-2024 at 04:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration