Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,045,966 times

Advertisements

I live in ca & paid $3.80 a gal yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 05:45 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,523,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Ouch.
Average Gasoline Price in Indianapolis is now with the national average. which is 3.50$ atm.
According to gas buddy some stations in Indianapolis are selling their gas for 3.29$
There are plenty of reasons i would choose to live in Indy over CA anyday of the week
Taxes/Cost of living/Real Estate/Gasoline to name a few. Indy is very affordable compared to CA.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,869,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Don't complain.

It is $4.65 a gallon on the Big Island of Hawaii (at least on the Hilo side, which is by far the cheapest).
Has not been below $4.15 for just over 3 years...
Yeah but that is HAWAII! Definitely has advantages to living in Indiana!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
True, but California has pollution controls that increase the price of gas there. Indiana has no reason for gas prices to be that high. Definitely not pollution control because Indiana is one of the worst states for emissions.

And in California you can always go walk on a beach, swim in the ocean or hike on a mountain to forget about the pain at the pump.....

Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
True, but California has pollution controls that increase the price of gas there. Indiana has no reason for gas prices to be that high. Definitely not pollution control because Indiana is one of the worst states for emissions.

And in California you can always go walk on a beach, swim in the ocean or hike on a mountain to forget about the pain at the pump.....
Indiana has lake michigan.
Which is the perfect ocean substitute.
Lake Michigan has all the benefits of an ocean without the negatives. Heck there are some nice waves on Lake Michigan but i dont have to worry about Sharks or Hurricanes

Plus Indiana has some steep hills in Southern Indiana around Cincy and Evansville. drove by there 2 days ago and damn was southeastern Indiana filled with massive hills. almost like mountains complete with Trees
California doesnt have that justification over Indiana with natural beauty cause there is plenty of it in Indiana.
Hoosier National forest too for extra kicks.

Also Indiana isnt the dirtiest state by emissions. that would be CA and LA.
Plus our state has a rich history in manufacturing. CA doesnt.
Its not cheap $ wise to try and remove polution from rivers and all that. someone has to pay for it and its usually taxpayers.
If were going to clean up our environment in Indiana the best thing we can do is clean the water up. Our Mercury polution levels have dropped in half since 2000 and they will drop even more with the new EPA regulations and some old coal plants are shutting down or converting to Natural Gas.
The Citizens Energy Coal power plant in downtown Indianapolis is being converted to Natural Gas which is a big plus for downtown. i believe they can remove the ugly smokestacks now.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Indiana has lake michigan.
Which is the perfect ocean substitute.
Lake Michigan has all the benefits of an ocean without the negatives. Heck there are some nice waves on Lake Michigan but i dont have to worry about Sharks or Hurricanes

Plus Indiana has some steep hills in Southern Indiana around Cincy and Evansville. drove by there 2 days ago and damn was southeastern Indiana filled with massive hills. almost like mountains complete with Trees
California doesnt have that justification over Indiana with natural beauty cause there is plenty of it in Indiana.
Hoosier National forest too for extra kicks.

Also Indiana isnt the dirtiest state by emissions. that would be CA and LA.
Plus our state has a rich history in manufacturing. CA doesnt.
Its not cheap $ wise to try and remove polution from rivers and all that. someone has to pay for it and its usually taxpayers.
If were going to clean up our environment in Indiana the best thing we can do is clean the water up. Our Mercury polution levels have dropped in half since 2000 and they will drop even more with the new EPA regulations and some old coal plants are shutting down or converting to Natural Gas.
The Citizens Energy Coal power plant in downtown Indianapolis is being converted to Natural Gas which is a big plus for downtown. i believe they can remove the ugly smokestacks now.
Lake Michigan is nice but no substitute for the Pacific Ocean. And southern Indiana is hilly but not mountainous.

I am surprised that you didn't say Hoosier forest is the perfect substitute for California sequoias.

I appreciate that you love Indiana but some of your comparisons indicate that you don't have a clue about the rest of the country. Come back and read your posts after you have traveled throughout the country, climbed mountains, gone backpacking out West, hiked Grand Canyon, watched whales off the coast, parasailed over the ocean, and cycled through other states.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Lake Michigan is nice but no substitute for the Pacific Ocean. And southern Indiana is hilly but not mountainous.

I am surprised that you didn't say Hoosier forest is the perfect substitute for California sequoias.

I appreciate that you love Indiana but some of your comparisons indicate that you don't have a clue about the rest of the country. Come back and read your posts after you have traveled throughout the country, climbed mountains, gone backpacking out West, hiked Grand Canyon, watched whales off the coast, parasailed over the ocean, and cycled through other states.
well most people dont go deep off into the ocean to watch whales. if you do there is the Cruise ship for that
which ive been on and its nice. expensive but you can fly to any of the major US seaports to get on a cruise ship like Fort Lauderdale FL.

Plus if i want to climb mountains theres the Applachians. so much more green and better than the rockies. No offense but the Rockies are to bare lol.
Also we all know Indianapolis has an international airport so if i want to fly out west it isnt that hard.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:03 AM

45 posts, read 69,695 times
To understand this you need only know two words. Marathon Ashland. They have a stronger grip on gas prices within Indiana than they have over any other state they supply. If you've ever paid much attention to local gas prices, you'll see that the first guys on the block to jack up their prices are Speedway (Marathon Ashland) stations. Then, naturally, everyone else follows suit.

Marathon Ashland operates in other states and are in fact based in Ohio, but they have total control over gas prices in this state like no other.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 AM

18,237 posts, read 25,897,364 times
Western Colorado guy checking in here.

Topped off the tank just a bit ago. Midgrade (87 octane) was $3.89 a gallon.

Grrrrr!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:07 PM

The Indianapolis gasoline average is now below the national average. National average is 3.49$ and falling fast. Indianapolis's average gasoline prices are 3.47 with the cheapest stations registering at 3.29
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana