Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:53 PM

2 posts, read 17,260 times

Advertisements

i also know a little about "the story inn".....my opinion is no its not haunted,for one theres no history to this place supportin the activities, and second the only pictures ive ever seen of this place is nothing but "orbs"..which is NOT PARANORMAL... im open for any help anybody may need ,im not in a "ghost huntin "group or anything like that but i can help with questions or advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 17,555 times
Hi.You guys have been a big help thank you.If any thing else pops up,even if its just a persons home,anywhere in Indiana,I would be glad to hear from you.Thank you.

Robyn

Old 05-10-2007, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 9,513 times
Default ghost

the tunnelton tunnel in eastern lawrence county is supposed to be haunted by railroad work and a couple from the 1800's.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 AM

4 posts, read 85,809 times
Thank You All for your input!!
We really appreciate it!!
If you would like to talk with us personally I would love to here from you!
We can be reached at www.southernindianaghosthunters.com
Thanks again!
Mike
S.I.G.H
Southern Indiana Ghost Hunters.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 9,474 times
Default The real truth about Shanda Sharer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmamichelle View Post
i know of a place in utica (jeffersonville). it is called witch's castle. there was a little girl brutally murdered there by the witches that built it. it is said that if you drive past (very slowly) at night, sometimes you can still see her looking out the window.

also, a teen girl who went to hazelwood middle school, was taken there and beaten before she was murdered. there is spray paint on the wall inside the main house saying, "we love you shanda."

my friends and i have taken pictures in the house, and we saw some faces. two actually. and they were pretty freaky.

Actually, Shanda Sharer died elsewhere. I knew of this haunted Witches Castle even before the murder of Shanda Sharer. There was a spirit of 7-8 years old girl seen there. If you would like to know more information on Shanda Sharer, there are websites to look up:

Melinda Loveless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All about Shanda Sharer, by David Lohr - The Crime library

Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 PM

3 posts, read 28,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB73IN View Post
My house is haunted for sure, we live in Waldron, In and we have been here for 8 years, Let me tell you our story.
When we bought our house I asked the previous owners if anyone had ever died in the house, since it was built in 1920, they told me no, not that they knew of. So we closed on the house. Now, we are the first people outside the original builders family to own this house. We have had multiple things happen here, My wife and I have both seen fiqures and also our 8 year old sleeps with us, not because he wanted to, but we actually brought him into our bed because he was having really graphic nightmares and we had also noticed that when sleeping in either of the other upstairs bedrooms that you where gaurenteed to have a nightmare. He was always tired and not doing well in school, and once he was sleeping with us he has improved dramatically. Now there are numerous stories, and anyone that is interested, I would be glad to write on here if you want. Well my wife says she has never felt comfortable here, and so we are building a new home as we speak. This home never even had to go on the market, as when the original family found out that we where selling the home they immediatly wanted to buy it, to get it back in the family, as they are the main family in this area, and our house was the original old farm house. So the lady and her husband come to see the house before closing and the first thing she says to me is, so is it really haunted or not, I am like, uh, definatly, so she proceeds to tell us about how her aunt died at the age of three in this house, and was never really told how, and back then funerals where at home, so her casket sat in the foyer, and then the lady's sister died at 3 days old and her funeral was here, also in the foyer and she said when they where kids they used to see stuff and here uncle who was the builders son, had told here that ya there is always someone going up and down the stairs and walking up and down the hallway upstairs. I never got around to having ghost hunters here, but I wish I would have. I'm sure they would have found stuff, but now we don't own the house and I know by the way the new owners talked they would never let it be done.
"Oh my GOD! My old house was very similar to your story. My sister currently lives there now. The house has heavy wooden doors that have to be worked with to actually fit in the doorframe and she has seen them close on their own. When I lived there my boyfriend heard a voice call his name. My brother and a friend heard someone walking through the kitchen into a bathroom and the door shut behind "it" when the footsteps stopped. I also realized that my back door would be unlocked every morning when we woke up and nobody else was in the house except our toddler and infant children."

Old 06-14-2007, 09:45 PM

My sister and I are interested in someone visiting her home due to unexplainable activities that have happened there witnessed by both of us, our brother and friends of the family. We're not sure how old the house is but we are assuming at least 100 years old. We had a great-great aunt that lived there and raised all of her children there. She and her family moved into the home when it had become available from the previous resident. Let's just say that her children are now in their sixties and seventies themselves. Anyway, when I lived there, my boyfriend heard someone calling his name when no one was home. My back door would often be unlocked when there were only our toddler and infant sons who lived with us. My sister witnessed a solid wood door that was offset from the frame close right in front of her. Our brother and a friend listened to footsteps walking through the kitchen to the bathroom and only vanished when the door shut. From the layout of the house you can tell that when it was originally built it was just a three room house and that the bathroom and possibly another room was added on over the years. I heard that a man hung himself in the doorway connecting the first bedroom to the living room and that there had been another death of a woman as well. I'm not sure that I was told how she passed. Anyway, I always get a creepy feeling when I'm in the house alone or even when others are around and things get quiet. Both my sister and I feel that this house has some history that could be quiet interesting and possibly explain all of this activity. Please respond if you are a true ghost hunter and are interested in investigating this house. We were told that this land also use to be Indian territory. When we were children growing up across the street, my brother and sister approached my cousin and I about playing a trick on them and asked us how we "got back to the house so fast" after seeing us in the field behind our house. They were no more than seven and nine year old at the time and told us that they had just seen us in the field with white dresses on calling to them to come play with us holding outstretched arms. No one lives there now but there is always a creepy feeling even when you look over there so obviously no one steps foot on the property unless we have to. When I was a teenager we found one of our dogs skinned alive laying under one of the old tobacco stripping barns. I truly believe that this land is haunted as well as the house I previously spoke of. Please contact me if you are interested.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:53 PM

Yeah, Shanda died elsewhere.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 9,340 times
Default Hauntings in Oakland City, IN

There is the "Old Burial Grounds" on North Jackson st. past the girls softball field. Have "heard" about an encounter, but do not know "first-hand"; and then there is the "BLACK-FOOT CEMETARY". I know the rumors have been around for years about that place, (I too, thought it was all just talk) but know first-hand an incident that happened recently. My son and several of his friends went there because they too did not believe the tale. My son came home scared and asking if a spirit could "possess" someone. I said that I had heard of it, but wasn't sure. They all had pics of "orbs and he had an outline of a woman". He said that one friend with them was "ranting" about eveything being a Hoax (because he couldn't see or hear anything) and all of a sudden was thrown agains the vehicle. Will not go into detail what happened as some will think I made it up. NONE of them have gone back there and my son won't even go down the road that leads to Black-Foot; although the cemetary is quite a distance away. My son and daughter both have seen things, just like my mother and my uncle (my mom's brother). I haven't SEEN anything but had an experience. Believe me or not, I know what I know. I am 60yrs. old and am too old to start an "urban legend".

Old 09-23-2007, 08:26 PM

9 posts, read 84,754 times
Hey still interested? join Indiana Ghost trackers go to indiana ghost trackers .org check new albany in the chapters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana