Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:45 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,804 times

Advertisements

I believe it started as religious persecution ....it's a huge subject, this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,230,339 times
Unfortunately (right wing) extremists need a scapegoat otherwise the whole point of being a (right wing) extremist becomes moot.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 AM

217 posts, read 692,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I've never understood the hatred for Jews in most cases. The only one I can understand is why they hate the Jews in Israel. In my opinion, it takes a high level of provocative arrogance to claim that you're entitled to a piece of land just because alleged events in your scriptures took place there. Not only that, but I'm sure more hatred arises when this point of view is supported by the UN and other nations, some of which send their own troops there to defend it 24/7. I can't think of any other reason people would hate the Jews. That's all I could think of.

true story......

Old 08-25-2008, 10:27 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,885,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windtimber View Post
Because they're just plain nuts.
Agreed.

Hatred is nuts in general.

Especially hating someone based on anything other than their own personal actions.

Hating blacks because you were picked on at school.

Hating whites because your great grandfather was a slave.

Hating Hispanics because your uncle 3 states away lost his job to some guy named 'Jose'.

Hate is nuts.

Simply nuts.

Montana's guy sounds like his cheese has slid off his cracker. You can't try and rationalize the irrational.

Your guy's little tilt light was flashing.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:31 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,655 times
Palestine came under the control of the Ottoman's. The Ottoman's when defeated ceded Palestine to the UK. The UK set up a plan to partition the land between the Jews and the Arabs (they had been living there in peace together for quite some time). The Arabs rejected the plan and said they wanted all of Palestine for themselves and a coalition of Arab countries attacked and lost, so Israel claimed it all for itself. It's not so black and white as either side makes it out to be. They didn't "push" the Arabs off of their land.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I've never understood the hatred for Jews in most cases. The only one I can understand is why they hate the Jews in Israel. In my opinion, it takes a high level of provocative arrogance to claim that you're entitled to a piece of land just because alleged events in your scriptures took place there. Not only that, but I'm sure more hatred arises when this point of view is supported by the UN and other nations, some of which send their own troops there to defend it 24/7. I can't think of any other reason people would hate the Jews. That's all I could think of.
It's not just alleged events, there's a rich and unbroken history of Jewish presence in that land backed up not only by archaeological evidence but written history as well.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:39 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,621,412 times
Alpha wrote:
Quote:
Montana's guy sounds like his cheese has slid off his cracker. You can't try and rationalize the irrational.
Now there's an expression I don't think I've heard before. It must be a southern thing. Honestly though, I've thought about this for a long time and never understood it. Even though it's irrational there must be some basis for why it's so common.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 PM

30,324 posts, read 51,925,382 times
We've discussed this issue before, but I'll say it again... part of it is jealousy of our success, and the fact that we thrive despite being knocked down over & over & over again. The Jewish people are strong and resilient, which I guess is frustrating to some people, who would prefer to see us submit and die away. Sorry, not happening! I don't mean to sound egotistical by saying this, I am just explaining what angers the anti-Semites.

As other have mentioned, some also blame us for the situation in Israel, which is really not a reason to hate Jews worldwide. I have visited Israel once, but aside from that I have little/no connection with the country. And even the Israeli Jews should not all be blamed, just as Americans shouldn't be blamed for President Bush's MANY mistakes... right?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
We've discussed this issue before, but I'll say it again... part of it is jealousy of our success, and the fact that we thrive despite being knocked down over & over & over again. The Jewish people are strong and resilient, which I guess is frustrating to some people, who would prefer to see us submit and die away. Sorry, not happening! I don't mean to sound egotistical by saying this, I am just explaining what angers the anti-Semites.

As other have mentioned, some also blame us for the situation in Israel, which is really not a reason to hate Jews worldwide. I have visited Israel once, but aside from that I have little/no connection with the country. And even the Israeli Jews should not all be blamed, just as Americans shouldn't be blamed for President Bush's MANY mistakes... right?
I think the main reason why Israel is hated is because its neighbors are so jealous of its high standard of living and its freedoms. And of course its the only nation in the Middle East where you'll see women in bikinis on the beach!lol

Old 09-26-2008, 12:16 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,673 times
A few years ago I had a very unpleasant relationship with a coworker whose desk was right across the aisle from mine. He was one of the strangest people I've ever known and I think he was actually dangerous. He was very much involved with the right wing militia groups. You don't hear quite as much about them today but they're still out there and still active. He was always ranting about how the Jews were controlling our society and making racist remarks whenever I would get into a conversation with him.

jews arent a race.....its a religous group and those of whom hi jacked the term for an ethnicity, christians are an ethnic group too i heard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism