Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:54 AM

275 posts, read 708,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Nikongirl, I need to borrow your post here, ok?

Thanks.
LOLZ. As long as you are not trying to make me into a bad person....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,774,145 times
WOW now that is some serious "dispensationalism" If I ever heard it. You're delusional at best. I guess you never read ALL of Yirimiyahu or Revelation to get a clue that the 12 Tribes of Israel are the ones that are going through those gates in Yerushilyim. Oh well.....go back and read it ALL instead of your convenient cut and paste diatribe. Nothing like taking scripture out of context and out of translation.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 AM

998 posts, read 1,334,126 times
There really should'nt be any arguments about this coz more than 90% of Israel's jewish population are not even descended from semitic jews ie jews by faith rather than genes.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:09 AM

275 posts, read 708,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
There really should'nt be any arguments about this coz more than 90% of Israel's jewish population are not even descended from semitic jews ie jews by faith rather than genes.
I'm Jewish by genes... but then again, I totally know where you are coming from. About 30 people that attend my Temple are NOT Jewish by genetics. Some of them converted, or are the first generation (their mom's converted, so now they are too?)

I can trace my Jewish heritage back a very long way. Yay!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 AM

998 posts, read 1,334,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongirl24 View Post
I'm Jewish by genes... but then again, I totally know where you are coming from. About 30 people that attend my Temple are NOT Jewish by genetics. Some of them converted, or are the first generation (their mom's converted, so now they are too?)

I can trace my Jewish heritage back a very long way. Yay!
Wow! That is something to take pride in...to be one of the descendants from 1 of the 12 tribes I say this with all respect. Not that there is anything wrong with conversions...absolutely none at all....just that you have people descended from Khazars claiming to be of jewish blood... but...You're the real thing...

Old 06-15-2009, 11:43 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,015,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongirl24 View Post
LOLZ. As long as you are not trying to make me into a bad person....

You can find the discussion here. Responses, thus far, are going as I expected.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Another case of circular argument, right?

A people writes an ethnocentric book which implies they are supposed to be the head of all nations, that claims their god is better and greater than everybody else's (eventually evolving to the idea their god is the ONLY god there is) topped off by the idea they are that god's special and chosen people and the rest of the world is just supposed to say, "oh, okay?"

Well, I'm God's other secret son he had with a Sumerian woman in 4364 B.C.
If we could come to understand why the Jews were "chosen" then we would greatly appreciate it.
Here's why.

You recall reading about the tree that was also in the garden that was with held from Adam and Eve?

It was with held for a purpose to be introduced at a later time period in human history.

Doing so, did not exclude all souls born and died prior to that introduction.

Jesus did visit them in prison, held there because there was no power to save themselves except God being the instrument of that saving power.

Abraham, being a Gentile was reckoned saved, by faith awaiting the coming of the Savior as a promise.

It was His seed (Christs) that would be multiplied as the stars in heaven.

Abraham was a type of Christ in that his seed would produce the linage of the coming Christ.

Now, the name Jew comes from the tribe of Judah, way after the time of Abraham.

From Judah, was to come the Savior of the world, thus, the tribe of Judah was chosen.

That's all it means, yet, because of it, they have to suffer persecution, for they were responsible to bring the crucifixion of Christ o fruition.

If then not them, then it could have been some other.

We, who are non-Jews, are Gentiles as Abraham was, yet if we exercise faith in Jesus as God, salvation will also be reckoned to us.

God made of twain one people, both Jew and Gentile, a nation of people who would be named after Christ as His church.

I have presented a scenario that is totally in sync with the whole of the bible and has but to be understood.

Your searching, if done with intent to seek God's answers and guidance, will not go unrewarded when the intent is generated in the hear.

Blessings, AJ

Old 09-06-2009, 06:42 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,956,969 times
Quote:

A people writes an ethnocentric book which implies they are supposed to be the head of all nations, that claims their god is better and greater than everybody else's (eventually evolving to the idea their god is the ONLY god there is) topped off by the idea they are that god's special and chosen people and the rest of the world is just supposed to say, "oh, okay?"

Only two groups of people actually believe such nonsense: Jews and brainwashed Christians.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Only two groups of people actually believe such nonsense: Jews and brainwashed Christians.
If that's the case then, do good for the rest of your life and you'll be rewarded handsomely.

But you do evil, and there will be no difference between you, a Jew or a Christian.

What then makes us special in the eyes of God?

That we love one another as He loved us!

Blessings, AJ

Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,981,569 times
Quote:

Well, the Bible tells us that God thinks of the Jewish people as an unclean woman. So some how I don't see the Jews really in control of the Bibles content. And if they were, they sure have a strange way of trying to be self promoters, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism