Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times

Advertisements

Gem - I just wanted to share with you that after my successful recruitment of you and your DH to Maryville and I am now moving on.

I have been sending Hiknapster properties for her perusal.........

Old 11-10-2007, 11:04 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times
Smile Good job, SmokyMtnGal!

A job well done, SmokyMtnGal. I heard about your other recruitment efforts from a little birdie and I think you did a great hunt-em-down.

Carry on; you have a mission to complete!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:50 AM

75 posts, read 307,602 times
Talking Kids Activities around Knoxville...

Hi All,
Hope it's ok to change the subject a little bit -- well, maybe a alot Of course I always enjoy reading the various chats -all things TN! Have learned so much good info from visiting regularly, and occassionally put in a thought a two...

We have grandkids coming for Thanksgiving and Christmas - their first time in our new home state! Yes, we are soooooooo excited !! Each set will be here about a week. We're wondering if some of you might be able to give us some ideas of fun things to do here in the winter. We do plan to go once to Dollywood...have heard there's some kind of Nascar type places for kids (kids range in age 16-6; four boys in one group (16-8 yrs), one a girl in the other, 8 & 6 yrs). I think the Appalachian Museum might be ok for the older set, but not sure about the younger set. Too cold for any water events, etc.

Really appreciate any suggestions. We live in Clinton, so we're close to alot of different areas. Thanks bunches!!
A Very Happy TN resident

Old 11-10-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Things to Do~

Fantasy of Trees:

East Tennessee Children's Hospital - Fantasy of Trees (http://www.etch.com/Fantasy.cfm - broken link)

Train Ride:

Three Rivers Rambler, Knoxville's Train Ride

Dixie Stampede:

Dixie Stampede

Downtown Celebration of Lights/Ice Skating Rink/Christmas Decorations and Market

It's a bit of a drive, but we love driving up to Bristol and doing the Festival of Lights at the Speedway.
Bristol Motor Speedway | Events | Speedway In Lights (http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/events/speedway_in_lights/ - broken link)

Knoxville Ice Bears Hockey Game
Knoxville Tennessee things to do in Knoxville Live Sporting Events things to do wild wings cafe knoxville hotels motels Nashville Predators TN NHL tickets

UT Mens and Womens Basketball Games

Various Christmas Parades

And one of my favorites: creating memories at home all your own. Baking cookies, reading books together, watching movies at home (Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story), visiting an animal shelter (and making a donation), going to the library.

Hope these have helped and look forward to seeing what others add. Have a wonderful holiday season and welcome to TN!

Old 11-10-2007, 02:14 PM

661 posts, read 2,898,688 times
If you do go out towards Pigeon Forge, try Wonderworks. I always meant to go there - looked like fun for a wide range of ages. The building itself is neat looking and there are a lot of hands on exhibits that sound like fun.

Welcome to Wonderworks

Old 11-10-2007, 02:47 PM

35 posts, read 110,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
The hugs go hand in hand with your new neighbors. It's Hugessee!
LOL @ Hugessee!

I'm glad to finally be here. Now all I need is some furniture. I'm sitting in a very empty home, I swear my voice echoes, lol!

Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 PM

75 posts, read 307,602 times
Default Things to do w/kids...

THANKS so much, SmokeyMTNGal and JMarkey for all the links, ideas, etc.! Will give us lots to investigate and, hopefully, experience some of them.

Appreciate your help and kindness.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:12 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times
Smile Hey, Disney ain't got nothin' on E TN!

These are great websites. Can't wait for all of my boys and families to show up en masse next year. We will have so much fun in E TN.

Who needs Disney World? Not me!!

Old 11-10-2007, 06:35 PM

190 posts, read 743,601 times
I wonder if people stay in their *area* of the city? As in, if you live in the west side do you stay on the west and not go to the north?
I'm just curious. I only visited for 2 days last year. I will be there the week after Thanksgiving so I'll figure the city out then, but it never hurts to get others opinions, right?

Old 11-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I wonder if people stay in their *area* of the city? As in, if you live in the west side do you stay on the west and not go to the north?
I'm just curious. I only visited for 2 days last year. I will be there the week after Thanksgiving so I'll figure the city out then, but it never hurts to get others opinions, right?
Hmmm, I think the answer to your question depends on the person and their lifestyle. It isn't odd for me to go from Maryville to Knoxville to work, lunch in Fountain City (hello Litton's!), out by West Town Mall or Turkey Creek for some shopping before heading home and then back to Maryville in a day. Then, there are the weekends when we either stay in Maryville, head into the Smokies, go up to the Tri Cities. Last Sunday we went down to Etowah. I know some folks never venture out of their neighborhood. Have a safe trip here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville