Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:33 PM

21 posts, read 42,634 times

Advertisements

I don't post alot...but do read the boards regularly..here's a thought..since there are so many from the boards here that are moving or have moved here recently..why don't we (yes, I am new here myself) start our own club and call it the city-data welcome to tn club. We can pick someplace centralized to meet for say coffee first and then can go from there..and if possible, we can keep a sticky here for new people as they come into the area to find where we will be. I know it takes someone with time on their hands to get this going and I would be willing to do this if anyone would be interested..I see there is a get together this weekend for the forum here..so why not a local one here in knoxville for us that don't have family or friends already here.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:21 AM

75 posts, read 307,416 times
As almost one year residents of GORGEOUS E. TN from Northern CA, this sounds like fun and helpful! We live in Clinton, which is about half hour from Kville...although we cannot attend the spring get-together...maybe something can get started from that gathering. Keep us posted, or all together in some sticky/string...

Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtenay View Post
I don't post alot...but do read the boards regularly..here's a thought..since there are so many from the boards here that are moving or have moved here recently..why don't we (yes, I am new here myself) start our own club and call it the city-data welcome to tn club. We can pick someplace centralized to meet for say coffee first and then can go from there..and if possible, we can keep a sticky here for new people as they come into the area to find where we will be. I know it takes someone with time on their hands to get this going and I would be willing to do this if anyone would be interested..I see there is a get together this weekend for the forum here..so why not a local one here in knoxville for us that don't have family or friends already here.
Ccourtenay, you certainly can take the ball and run with it! Feel free to set up a time at a certain place and see if folks can come. Feel free to post away, set up polls, etc. Many of us can't take the time to attend an event a couple of hours away but certainly wouldn't mind getting together for coffee, etc.

By the way, glad you read the boards. We would love to have you as a regular poster as well.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Newcomers Clubs

Ok guys and gals how about Shoneys on Chapman highway..this is right in Knoxville..so that way it would be a centralized area for everyone to come to..we would need to pick a day and time which would be conducive to everyone....let's do it..and to tell who we are..we can pick a color shirt that everyone would wear...say like red, yellow or some other color like that to distinguish ourselves. Then we can talk about the next time we can get together..and let's not make this complicated..whoever is interested in making new friends is welcomed.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:20 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,398 times
Default Count us in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtenay View Post
Ok guys and gals how about Shoneys on Chapman highway..this is right in Knoxville..so that way it would be a centralized area for everyone to come to..we would need to pick a day and time which would be conducive to everyone....let's do it..and to tell who we are..we can pick a color shirt that everyone would wear...say like red, yellow or some other color like that to distinguish ourselves. Then we can talk about the next time we can get together..and let's not make this complicated..whoever is interested in making new friends is welcomed.
You can count hubby and I in if a couple of seniors are welcome. We moved here six months ago from Florida and dont know anyone here. We live in Seymour so Shoneys is perfect for us. Keep us posted, Linda

Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 AM

75 posts, read 307,416 times
Is it correct that no date/time has been decided on yet? We have company arriving today from CA for a week, but don't want to lose touch w/this thread.
Thanks!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:37 AM

Default Newcomers Clubs

that is right..no date or time has been set..it seems like there are only a few that are interested..so let's get an opinion on whether a weekday or saturday would be best, then once that is settled, then we will set a day and time, how does that sound? Oh, and yes, everybody is invited families to singles.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:46 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,820,345 times
SMG said you can set up a poll - how do you do that? I think to get the most people, you'd have to meet on a Saturday morning or afternoon, because of people that work 40 hrs/wk. Restaurants get really busy on Sundays after church, but I know masses end at different times, so I'm not sure when Sundays get quiet.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:11 AM

25 posts, read 58,238 times
Default Great Idea

I just moved to the area last week on 4/11/08 and my family will be coming in July, and I would like a chance to meet other newcomers. So I will keep checking back on this thread to see if we have a date, time and place set.

kkspangl

Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 AM

125 posts, read 414,176 times
We have a very informal group of about 15 that works out at a local health club.

We meet for breakfast about every other month or so at 7:00 AM on a Saturday morning and that seems to work best for everyone. Our attendance runs from 5 to 15 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville