Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 02:18 PM

21 posts, read 42,656 times

Advertisements

Hi "silent k" hehe..we can make it another time in the day. Someone else posted a 7:00 time, which was too early, so I thought 11:30 was a good time..but the next meeting can be later in the day when you aren't busy with your child..I may be speaking out of turn for Linda and Jen..but, I think, we are all pretty flexible..we just needed somewhere to start and that time worked out for this time..let us know and we will be happy to change the time..and as stated by Linda...EVERYONE is welcome..don't be shy and by the way you work just 6 miles from Jen and myself up asheville hwy!!

Old 05-04-2008, 03:44 PM

152 posts, read 333,022 times
Yes it was great meeting Linda and Gene, and Cindy who I recently found out was my neighbor and lives in the same road as me. We moved here only 2 years ago from NY and would like to make new friends. That will be great to meet once a month. Let's hope we get more to participate. We sure had a fun time together. Jen

Old 05-04-2008, 05:29 PM

204 posts, read 580,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
You can count hubby and I in if a couple of seniors are welcome. We moved here six months ago from Florida and dont know anyone here. We live in Seymour so Shoneys is perfect for us. Keep us posted, Linda
Is this group still meeting? My husband and I moved here from Florida last summer. He is retired but I still work.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:39 PM

56 posts, read 162,223 times
Just came across this thread.

My wife and I are planning on visiting up there in a few weeks to get a feel for the area and outskirts of Knoxville.

I'd love to meet with some folks to show us around if we can get our schedules to allow us off from work.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,838 times
Default Newcomers

Wow, it seems like so many people are relocating to the Knoxville area. We currently live in CA, but we went back to Knoxville, and around the Dandridge area about 2 years ago and really liked it. We are also looking at Clinton for a possible retirement spot - but have not been up there yet. Does anyone know anything about Clinton - good or bad?

Again, I have to say this newcomers group is just a fantastic idea and I hope it all holds together and I get to meet some of you in the near future!

Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 AM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn405 View Post
Is this group still meeting? My husband and I moved here from Florida last summer. He is retired but I still work.
Yes, we are going to meet the first Sat of every month at Shoneys on Chapman Highway. Not sure on a time yet, seems its hard to pick a time thats right for everyone. Look forward to you joining us, what part of TN are you in?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 AM

Why dont we take a survey of peoples choices for time of day to meet. I still like morning since it leaves the rest of the day in case anyone has other plans since it is a weekend that we meet.

I liked the 11:30 time but wouldnt mind anywhere from 10:00 AM to 12:00, Breakfast Buffet is served until 1:00 and I prefer it over the lunch on

Everyone, give us your choices and we can go by a majority.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:50 PM

204 posts, read 580,755 times
Thanks for responding. We live in West Knoxville and would love to join you guys in June. I will keep posted here to see the time and date. Breakfast or lunch would be fine with us.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:54 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
My 2 cents is that as long as 2 peeps want to get together its a meet and greet! No need to limit yourself to once a month or whatever. Sounds kewl to offer up locations all around the area. Go with the flow.....

Old 05-05-2008, 07:36 PM

Default I agree

I agree with SmokyMtnGal, if anyone wants to meet up again sooner than June I am game, I am always ready to meet new people and I sure dont mind different locations too. I have even been thinking that it would be nice once we get a group going that maybe we could all do a picnic and go to Cades Cove or one of the Parks and everyone could bring their own picnic lunch, it would be nice I think.(and there is no shortage of nice places to picnic in Tn thats for sure)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville