Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 04:00 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,744,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
But what are the costs of running central Air cond. say in a 2,000 Sq. ft home?
I'm in a single story home, 2,061 sq ft. I set up the power bill so it's the same every month = $99.

4 hot months of the year it's about $200/month ($800 to run the AC). The other 8 months it's about $50/month ($400 for heat). Many months of the year no AC or heat is necessary, the HVAC system doesn't do much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 03:39 PM

5,602 posts, read 5,078,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
I'm in a single story home, 2,061 sq ft. I set up the power bill so it's the same every month = $99.

4 hot months of the year it's about $200/month ($800 to run the AC). The other 8 months it's about $50/month ($400 for heat). Many months of the year no AC or heat is necessary, the HVAC system doesn't do much.
Wow! it isn't as bad there. Here it can cost $400 to $600+

Old 06-14-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Wow! it isn't as bad there. Here it can cost $400 to $600+
I had power bills like that when I lived in Central Illinois. I also had a big yard with lots of landscaping and had water bills that high too! Cost of living drove me out of my home. My property tax bill was over $1,000/month. I should have stayed in my smaller home that had a smaller yard.

Old 06-15-2022, 03:42 PM

1,086 posts, read 752,613 times
FWIW I am very weather focused. To me one of the biggest reasons I picked Vegas is 300+ days of sun and very little rain. Yes, it is hot in the summer. I have been through only one summer so far and it was hot at times. That's why god invented air conditioning! Pretty much everywhere you go in Vegas will be very air conditioned. In fact, it's often too cold inside places like stores and restaurants. March, April, May, half of Sept, October and at least half of November (last year all of November) are really nice most days. A bit windy in the spring but wasn't as annoying as I feared it would be.

Our house is 5k+ square feet and our electric bill averages $500/month. We run the AC 24/7. You use more electricity here but it's cheaper than California I am told.

Life has been truly amazing here so far! We moved from inland Nor Cal to LV and really love it. So much to do here! Best decision of my life... besides marrying my wife.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
FWIW I am very weather focused. To me one of the biggest reasons I picked Vegas is 300+ days of sun and very little rain. Yes, it is hot in the summer. I have been through only one summer so far and it was hot at times. That's why god invented air conditioning! Pretty much everywhere you go in Vegas will be very air conditioned. In fact, it's often too cold inside places like stores and restaurants. March, April, May, half of Sept, October and at least half of November (last year all of November) are really nice most days. A bit windy in the spring but wasn't as annoying as I feared it would be.

Our house is 5k+ square feet and our electric bill averages $500/month. We run the AC 24/7. You use more electricity here but it's cheaper than California I am told.

Life has been truly amazing here so far! We moved from inland Nor Cal to LV and really love it. So much to do here! Best decision of my life... besides marrying my wife.

Old 06-17-2022, 02:02 PM

294 posts, read 295,716 times
Quote:

That is really not that expensive. I pay much more than that for a house about 2400 SF (this is in Texas).

What is the overall per kwh charge for electricity (including all fees and taxes)?

Old 06-17-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post

I am just the opposite. But similar to yours. prefer cool with alot of rain with little sun.

Old 06-17-2022, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I am just the opposite. But similar to yours. prefer cool with a lot of rain with little sun.
Cool is great, but lots of rain and little sun? How depressing. Seriously, I lived in Illinois most of my life and had Seasonal Affective Disorder and didn't realize it was why I was moody and depressed. When I moved to Florida, a doctor tested my vitamin D level and it was way too low.

Old 06-17-2022, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Cool is great, but lots of rain and little sun? How depressing. Seriously, I lived in Illinois most of my life and had Seasonal Affective Disorder and didn't realize it was why I was moody and depressed. When I moved to Florida, a doctor tested my vitamin D level and it was way too low.
That's strange because I get depressed and hot when there is too much sun. I also sneeze when the sun gets in my eyes. I'm the opposite.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:51 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,443,231 times
My electricity bill is $280/month in summer time for a 2000 sq ft house, and I set the AC to higher than most people do. It's still hot in my house, not comfortable. I blame the high ceiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas