Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 10:02 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
no issue with that anymore since i've been on GC for over a year now. nya-nyah

and that GC i WORKED FOR. i did not just come in and squat. NOR DID I REPLACE SOMEONE in my workplace. when my prior facility did the job postings, they had so much responses that they couldn't justify my presence in that facility. had to move to a location where US citizens did not reply to the job postings. but whatever. people like 2sleepy were born here despite claiming their ancestors to have been immigrants. people like 2sleepy did NOT have to work hard nor experience hardship LEGALLY just to live and work here in the US. so people like you, just coast along. love your illegal brethren. give them all the benefits that should've been for your fellow citizens
oh poor special snowflake...you are the only one who ever had to work for a living, and those of use who were born here just coast along and never experience hardship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
oh yeah sure. your grandparents worked hard so their descendants like YOU get citizenship benefits just by being born here. YOU did not have to work for it, have you? so don't even denigrate how us legal immigrants find it unfair that illegals get everything their way, even sanctuary cities where they can get legal representation when poor US citizens can't even get access to such. how funny how that works for you huh?
There are organizations that provide legal representation for the undocumented, they are usually run by charitable organizations; they exist across the US in hundreds of municipalities that are not 'sanctuary cities'.

You seem to have a lot of animosity toward native born US citizens, why did you come to a Country when you have so much contempt for a majority of the population?

Old 12-02-2016, 03:20 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes, really. I currently live in California, I previously lived in Nevada which has the highest number of undocumented immigrants per capita in the US
And I have yet to witness one of these 'protests' with illegals demanding 'everything'
Really? I live in LA and thought you did as well.

Don't know how you missed the protests with HS kids walking out of classes for this exact reason. They were going to block freeways but the cops kept them off.

Many things wrong with this, you just don't walk out of class and they had it all wrong thinking Trump is going to deport them and their parents. That isn't going to happen.

But please don't say it doesn't exist. It was on all the local news channels.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Really? I live in LA and thought you did as well.

Don't know how you missed the protests with HS kids walking out of classes for this exact reason. They were going to block freeways but the cops kept them off.

Many things wrong with this, you just don't walk out of class and they had it all wrong thinking Trump is going to deport them and their parents. That isn't going to happen.

But please don't say it doesn't exist. It was on all the local news channels.
here is what I was responding to:

Quote:
oh really? you must be in a place where there's not a lot of them yet, or maybe they're starting to hide more now that trump has won. put them in a place like CA and TX, and you'll see them in protests for their route to citizenship and/or benefts not even given to US citizens, particularly that recent one for the dreamers and the DACA program. not demanding everything? demanding US citizenship equates to demanding pretty much everything
I live in Sacramento, I have not seen or heard about undocumented people demonstrating or making demands in Northern California such as was claimed in ^ that post. In fact, when I google "Sacramento illegals protest" I can only find a few references to a protest in 2005 and 2006 and a few hits on a white nationalist demonstration where the protesters had rocks thrown at them. When I was in Reno I never saw, heard or read about any demonstrations or protests conducted by undocumented people.

Have they happened? I don't know, I don't follow events like that in the news so I can't really say... but I will say this. Of all the people in this nation who might demonstrate undocumented immigrants are probably the most likely to do so, they do not want to draw attention to themselves.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:05 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,352,934 times
Quote:

I live in Sacramento, I have not seen or heard about undocumented people demonstrating or making demands in Northern California such as was claimed in ^ that post. In fact, when I google "Sacramento illegals protest" I can only find a few references to a protest in 2005 and 2006 and a few hits on a white nationalist demonstration where the protesters had rocks thrown at them. When I was in Reno I never saw, heard or read about any demonstrations or protests conducted by undocumented people.

Have they happened? I don't know, I don't follow events like that in the news so I can't really say... but I will say this. Of all the people in this nation who might demonstrate undocumented immigrants are probably the most likely to do so, they do not want to draw attention to themselves.
you don't follow the news, but you post as if you do? don't be a hypocrite, or be willingly blind to what's happening. who knows, you probably harbor one of those illegals yourself.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
There are organizations that provide legal representation for the undocumented, they are usually run by charitable organizations; they exist across the US in hundreds of municipalities that are not 'sanctuary cities'.

You seem to have a lot of animosity toward native born US citizens, why did you come to a Country when you have so much contempt for a majority of the population?
oh really? you probably have not read my other posts. again, you willingly turn a blind eye to things you don't/can't accept or just make an excuse of "oh i don't follow such news." or that you're just not literate enough and just end up twisting people's words to your limited/twisted perception.

i have even espoused overhaul of the h1b system (even though i did come in on h1) to favor YOU CITIZENS and not wanting illegals to have access to services that even CITIZENS CANNOT ACCESS/HAVE DIFFICULTY ACCESSING. now is that a mark of contempt of US CITIZENS?

i'm more against people who favor illegals over citizens. how ironic you yourself being a citizen would rather open the floodgates toward squatters and illegals than offering that assistance to your own fellow citizens.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
you don't follow the news, but you post as if you do? don't be a hypocrite, or be willingly blind to what's happening. who knows, you probably harbor one of those illegals yourself.
This is what I said:

Quote:

Please try to avoid taking my words out of context.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
oh really? you probably have not read my other posts. again, you willingly turn a blind eye to things you don't/can't accept or just make an excuse of "oh i don't follow such news." or that you're just not literate enough and just end up twisting people's words to your limited/twisted perception.

i have even espoused overhaul of the h1b system (even though i did come in on h1) to favor YOU CITIZENS and not wanting illegals to have access to services that even CITIZENS CANNOT ACCESS/HAVE DIFFICULTY ACCESSING. now is that a mark of contempt of US CITIZENS?

i'm more against people who favor illegals over citizens. how ironic you yourself being a citizen would rather open the floodgates toward squatters and illegals than offering that assistance to your own fellow citizens.
quit trolling.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
quit trolling.
oh so debating with SENSE is now called trolling? since when did that happen?

Old 12-06-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:

of course, you only limit your search to sacramento, hence you did not find that article i posted which was in BERKELEY, CA, dated nov. 9, 2016, not a decade ago. again, just twisting/limiting your perception to however you want. heck you did not even read the article i posted. and then you say you don't really follow the news, but then you googled sacramento illegal protest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration