Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
For some Americans like my daughter are living in Europe because they can make a better living with their elected profession. Some prefer The system of government in certain European countries and some want to be deeper in touch with their roots in the old world. There are a lot of reasons why Americans live overseas. We are not living in the 1950's anymore but some of us are still stuck in that mind set. The western Europeans and the Japanese for the most part have no need and therefore no interest in immigrating anywhere. Almost everyone feels more comfortable in the country of their birth. If Mexico took care of business for all Mexicans you could bet there would be a hell of a lot less Mexicans legal or illegal here.
As you stated.

A golden example of that would be Ireland------that country went from damn near Mexico levels of poverty to solid First World affluence within one generation.

In fact: things got so good for the working class Irish that the IRA pretty much call it 'quits'-------tough to to lure pissed off recruits when they can make $$$$ doing legit work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 10:10 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
There seems to be a very strong BIPARTISAN consensus to turn us into a third world nation, in the guise of "diversity", and to allow in the third worlders south of us by the millions-- filthy, ignorant, poverty ridden illegals, many of whom are criminals and gang members. These aliens have nothing to give except high birth rates, squalor, increased crime and disease, and everything to gain by being here (ie massive social service perks). Yes, why indeed are the more educated people from Europe not entering the country in higher numbers.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
There seems to be a very strong BIPARTISAN consensus to turn us into a third world nation, in the guise of "diversity", and to allow in the third worlders south of us by the millions-- filthy, ignorant, poverty ridden illegals, many of whom are criminals and gang members. These aliens have nothing to give except high birth rates, squalor, increased crime and disease, and everything to gain by being here (ie massive social service perks). Yes, why indeed are the more educated people from Europe not entering the country in higher numbers.
Bravo lilypad!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:45 AM

Other than the very myopic and self-centered desire by our corrupt politicos for illegals' future votes (i.e. amnesty and citizenship on the horizon), I see NO advantage to having them here. Notwithstanding, since large corporations and big government are bedfellows, they have been allowed to stay for slave labor with concomitant slave wages. What does that do for OUR economy, for OUR citizens losing jobs, for OUR health care systems, etc. Nada. Except the furtherance of OUR impending future slide DOWN into third world status.

Let's not discount the HUGE probability for another 9/11, not if, but when....it is already postulated that a number of nukes are here now on our soil, ready to be set off, is just a matter of the jihadist's utterance of the word, "now". Compliments of the open border folks.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:47 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Other than the very myopic and self-centered desire by our corrupt politicos for illegals' future votes (i.e. amnesty and citizenship on the horizon), I see NO advantage to having them here. Notwithstanding, since large corporations and big government are bedfellows, they have been allowed to stay for slave labor with concomitant slave wages. What does that do for OUR economy, for OUR citizens losing jobs, for OUR health care systems, etc. Nada. Except the furtherance of OUR impending future slide DOWN into third world status.

Let's not discount the HUGE probability for another 9/11, not if, but when....it is already postulated that a number of nukes are here now on our soil, ready to be set off, is just a matter of the jihadist's utterance of the word, "now". Compliments of the open border folks.
Excellent post, I had to rep you on that one!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:48 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
Quote:

Well said lilypad!

Old 07-26-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Even if true-------such an idiotic jihadist move would likely lead to the destruction of the whole world------starting with the Middle East.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Even if true-------such an idiotic jihadist move would likely lead to the destruction of the whole world------starting with the Middle East.

Agreed. But islamic extremists are not known for their reasoning powers or rationale. Seventh century barbarians who have alarmingly been given a measure of respectability in a 21st century world, to ALL of our detriment. And due to our lack of foresight and wisdom, is OUR fault for EVER having any dealings with them. Now they have been emboldened to strut to and fro across the earth unleashing their hatred-filled demands on us all. History repeating....

Old 07-26-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Agreed. But islamic extremists are not known for their reasoning powers or rationale. Seventh century barbarians who have alarmingly been given a measure of respectability in a 21st century world, to ALL of our detriment. And due to our lack of foresight and wisdom, is OUR fault for EVER having any dealings with them. Now they have been emboldened to strut to and fro across the earth unleashing their hatred-filled demands on us all. History repeating....
Let me interject something here:

In the Seventh Century: it was the so-called Christians who were the barbarians------remember the Dark Ages? That was a European thing.

From about 700 to 1400 Islamic culture was the one of tolerance, education, science, etc.

Somewhere around the Reformation/Renaissance: Christian and Islamic cultures basically reversed roles with the former in ascendency and many Muslims today living worse than the Caliphate days.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,971 times
Quote:

You know, it isn't the jihadists that scare me as much as my own government. They scare me of course, but my own governmnet allowed 9/11 to happen so Bush and his cronies would have an excuse to invade Iraq, and they had the Iraq invasion planned before 9/11 even happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration