Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 01:38 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,940,545 times

Advertisements

Fox Run should be fine, as is most of Palmer. There are a few isolated pockets of "trouble areas" but nothing significant there yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 04:40 PM

88 posts, read 334,190 times
Unhappy Easton----------loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetZ Riide View Post
anything you want to know about easton, ask.
What has been happening in Easton latey? I left there 9 years ago, an hour and half away. What about the south side of town. What are the bad areas not to live now. What kind of people are moving in? Where are there places to work? I know jobs are hard, that is one reason I left. I wanted to be near other oppunities. In away, I am sad that I left, because it was not good for my family.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuw34 View Post
I am from nyc and looking to purchase a home in Easton, PA. Since I work in nyc, i will be commuting three times a week. Is there a train I can take into penn station? Even if i have to drive to the train station. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
From Easton, that is a joke. They only have a bus to New york.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Ever state, the same song. We can run, but we can't hide. So depressing.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 7,480 times
I am an artist, presently living in New Jersey, and considering moving to Easton. I have visited Easton many times over the years. Last year, I read about an organization called "Artspace" that had visited Easton and spoke to the town fathers about developing an area in Easton, specifically for artists (residences/work space). However, since 2007, I have heard nothing else about that. Does anyone know if that program got off the ground? I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who is involved in the arts in Easton. Thanks. Joe

Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 PM

10 posts, read 65,878 times
Quite a bit of information was provided about Easton, Pa. However, I haven't read anything about Employment opportunities in the down-town area. Are there any 500 fortune companys or any corporate businesses in close proximity to Easton or Forks where I am planning to move.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:27 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoratio View Post
I am an artist, presently living in New Jersey, and considering moving to Easton. I have visited Easton many times over the years. Last year, I read about an organization called "Artspace" that had visited Easton and spoke to the town fathers about developing an area in Easton, specifically for artists (residences/work space). However, since 2007, I have heard nothing else about that. Does anyone know if that program got off the ground? I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who is involved in the arts in Easton. Thanks. Joe
I don't know about Artspace in Easton, but I do know they've also been interested in potential sites in both Scranton and Wilkes-Barre as well. Supposedly the "Renaissance at 500" project currently underway in Downtown Scranton is supposed to house lofts for artists, and the old Scranton Lace Factory is potentially slated to become an artists' colony, especially now after just receiving state funding. Wilkes-Barre is home to ArtsYOUniverse and the historic Irem Temple mosque is likely to become an artists' colony over the next several years. There's a surprisingly large arts/cultural community in the Poconos.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:08 PM

99 posts, read 338,467 times
I am "househuntinginPA" because we ARE house hunting in PA and have settled on Easton. After about a year of research ( we looked VERY closely at properties in Bethlehem, too) we have decided that Easton is the place to be. I would guess that it depends on what you are looking for. Easton has a definite "edge" to it, but being from NY originally, that is exactly what appeals to me. Easton is a city that is finding itself. There is a very large artistic population and many of the warehouses have been taken over by artists in residence. The city is diverse culturally, economically and ethnically. Again, coming from a real white bread community in NJ, that is what I am looking for as well. The downtown area is very safe: there are patrols everywhere, especially during special events. There are farmer's markets on the Square, festivals and art shows. The restaurants are fabulous: I would have to say that my two favorites are the River Grille and Ocean. Easton is a diamond in the rough with much to offer. The architecture reminds me very much of cities in Europe. There is also something for all price ranges. Hope I have convinced you to give Easton a look!!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:43 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,541,543 times
Great post househunting. I really don't know much about Easton so it's good to hear such positive things!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Great post househunting. I really don't know much about Easton so it's good to hear such positive things!
I've noticed that even though your metropolitan area is known as "Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton," very few in the first two cities are familiar with the latter. The same could be said with how those in Scranton and Wilkes-Barre have all but unofficially "expelled" Hazleton from our own metropolitan area. Poor Easton and Hazleton! Lest ye be loved by nobody?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley