Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:27 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,578,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittanytiger View Post
I guess what may set some areas apart is if they had an influx of sales during the housing boom.
Interstate 78 was completed in 1989, so Hellertown has been attractive to commuters for almost 25 years. There are charts of RE prices on zillow. They show that Coopersburg has been stable for about 2 years longer than Hellertown, but I there are going to be a lot of variance.

Nazareth Housing prices
Hellertown Housing prices
Coopersburg Housing Prices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 04:45 PM

24 posts, read 46,590 times
Any thoughts on areas within Hellertown borough? A realtor spoke in cryptic terms about 4 "quadrants" with the southeast quadrant being the most sought after.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:28 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,538,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittanytiger View Post
Any thoughts on areas within Hellertown borough? A realtor spoke in cryptic terms about 4 "quadrants" with the southeast quadrant being the most sought after.
I'm not sure, but you can ask here: Saucon Source or their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/sauconsource

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:58 PM

Default Water Quality

Does anyone have information on water quality in Hellertown, Coopersburg and Nazareth?

Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,538,351 times
Coopersburg - We have a well and drink the water. However, I have the public water at work and we never drink that. I think it tastes funny. Guess that's subjective.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:37 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,907,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Coopersburg - We have a well and drink the water. However, I have the public water at work and we never drink that. I think it tastes funny. Guess that's subjective.
It's funny. I feel the opposite when drinking well vs. city water. I guess it's what you are used to.

Anyway, Nazareth's water comes from the Easton Suburban Water Authority. You can read about the monitoring, audits and annual reports here.
Easton Suburban Water Authority

From my 2 minutes of looking, they didn't have any violations.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 AM

Thank you for the information. It looks like Easton Suburban water serves Lower Nazareth Township and I believe American Water serves Upper Nazareth. Can anyone confirm if this is correct and if so does anyone have experience with American Water?

Old 02-12-2015, 09:24 AM

Can anyone tell me anything about the area near Bath that still has an Upper Nazareth address? I am thinking specifically of the townhouses just outside the Bath town limits. I could not find much previous discussion on Bath itself.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:03 PM

5 posts, read 6,313 times
Default well water and living in coopersburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post

Ha.. I've had well water from Spinnerstown, Coopersburg, Saucon valley and Allentown. Saucon valley the water taste overly processed meaning chemically.. Allentown.. well I'd only recommend bottle water...Spinnerstown was good water from the well. Coopersburg well water..... I think it was my landlord/property owners neglect of maintaining the home..High in nitrate and iron Poor POE filter. Granted I had to move from the dwelling b/c of combination of water/ sewage/ black mold mitigation .. I've even hired a home inspector over the ordeal.. No idea who would install carpet under a bathroom sewage sump and holding tank and under a tub..

Positive side

I will say it was a great area.. very lonely living but friendly neighbors very quiet and overall good area.. quick access to Lehigh or Quakertown or hitting the turn pike or 78 within 8-10 mins..

Taxes maybe cheaper in coops.. But but keep in mind the upkeep of the home is greater. However, they have build newer cookie cutter homes.

Again before purchasing or renting.. inspect inspect inspect and check out the local municipals zoning.....Lanlords do a full check on you...But its never the other way around... Heres a few photos of a list of things i've encounter while renting...

Reason for staying in the area is b/c I was doing college classes at 2 different schools. I like having space. Its safe... tad expensive traveling cost or maintenance cost... Great for out doorsie type.. Everything is relative to 45 mins to hr and 30 mins from all the major areas of intrest such as wyomissing, Philly, KOP if using turn pike NY is like 1 45 ish.. Some people live in the city and sit in traffic for more then an hr for a few miles... section 8 ? ha no section 8 on farm living LOL there are safe habitable cute shared farm homes for low rent though with better property owners/landlords.

Lastly I'm in much better health now...
Attached Thumbnails
Hellertown vs Coopersburg-20140322_183231.jpg   Hellertown vs Coopersburg-img_20140424_230839.jpg   Hellertown vs Coopersburg-img_20140423_004343.jpg   Hellertown vs Coopersburg-20140108_132946.jpg   Hellertown vs Coopersburg-20131201_124456.jpg  

Old 05-05-2015, 08:35 AM

5 posts, read 6,313 times
Picture above Well pump wire chaffing within its casing, sewage and sump pump tank leaking with carpet under tank and tub... and sump pump run off across driveway towards neibhors yard... always icy driveway and the vynl siding that came off during a light wind storm that wasnt fix for a few months.. Which ended up scratching neighbors car..This place was 1254 Standard ln coopersburg, with a serious case of water intrusion. Again Coopersburg is very nice. but unfortunately the home made it not safe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley