Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 06:30 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Since NY has basically turned red this year, I don’t have to move anywhere. I just won’t follow the dictator’s rules. Were you also for Blumberg’s ridiculous 16 oz soda rule? Same moronic line of thinking.
You really pay attention to these ppl? Politics to me are like reading comic books when I was a kid.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 06:31 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
I love when people assume things. I haven’t attacked either you or isle88. But you both make assumptions trying to discredit my thoughts. I’m privileged , I live in a bubble , people other than me have a brain, I’m not financially well off. All incorrect.

But nice conversation.
If you're so in control of your own situation, then why complain? Make it make sense.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-26-2020, 07:05 AM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times
https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/suprem...endance-limit/

Supreme Court ruled against Andy for now on religious restrictions

Old 11-26-2020, 07:30 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
And they're the last people that will listen to the threats. And you know darn well the LI mentality of "I haaaaavvveeee to see my family even though the biggest reason I live here is so we can live in each others' pockets means I see them all the time anyway" is hard at work here. It's also the LI mentality that everyone else should follow the rules but I can bend them. You've driven there, right?

BTW have NEVER seen so many NY license plates around here as I have this week, even during the yearly summer migration it's not this bad. So people are not just going to be spreading it on LI! Or maybe I should say they'll be bringing it back from here since our positivity rate is much higher.
I have seen quite a few North Carolina plates up here on LI as well.

Old 11-26-2020, 09:32 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
I'm having 26 people over. Come find me.

Old 11-26-2020, 12:02 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
I have seen quite a few North Carolina plates up here on LI as well.
That wasn't really the point (but I95 runs both ways, and I doubt many native NCers are heading up there). My point was I've never seen so many NY tags at this time of year.

Despite LI's much vaunted school system reading comp is still an issue.

Old 11-26-2020, 12:59 PM

855 posts, read 451,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
Law enforcement. Enforcement. They don't make the law. Do your job!

If they don't like enforcing laws established by people with the authority to do so, then become a politician or go to school and become a lawyer.

And yes, these laws are only necessary because people are too dumb to protect themselves and others.
The law is unconstitutional.

The constitution overrides state laws enacted by communist dictators such as Cuomo.

Old 11-26-2020, 02:07 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
That wasn't really the point (but I95 runs both ways, and I doubt many native NCers are heading up there). My point was I've never seen so many NY tags at this time of year.

Despite LI's much vaunted school system reading comp is still an issue.
My point , which you obviously missed, was that many Long Islanders that moved down to North Carolina have come back north to visit family for Thanksgiving.

Hopefully you stay south of the Mason-Dixon line for the rest of your days.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:00 PM

874 posts, read 728,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
The law is unconstitutional.

The constitution overrides state laws enacted by communist dictators such as Cuomo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/suprem...endance-limit/

Supreme Court ruled against Andy for now on religious restrictions

havent you heard, cuomo said the supreme court and their ruling on religious gatherings are irrelevant.

nobody can stop cuomo...nobody

hes got more bodies on him then sammy the bull!

He can shut down your business and fine you like a true mafioso!

I mean, hes NY tough!

https://www.radio.com/1010wins/news/...its-irrelevant

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Thursday that a Supreme Court ruling barring New York from enforcing certain limits on attendance at churches and synagogues in virus hot spots was “irrelevant.” “I think that Supreme Court ruling on the religious gatherings is more illustrative of the Supreme Court than anything else,” the governor said on a conference call with reporters.

The governor added that, “I fully respect religion. And if there’s a time in life when we need it, the time is now. But we want to make sure we keep people safe at the same time, and that’s the balance we’re trying to hit, especially through this holiday season.”

The justices split 5-4 in Wednesday’s decision, with new Justice Amy Coney Barrett in the majority. It was the conservative’s first publicly discernible vote as a justice. The court’s three liberal justices and Chief Justice John Roberts dissented.

The move was a shift for the court. Earlier this year, when Barrett’s liberal predecessor, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, was still on the court, the justices divided 5-4 to leave in place pandemic-related capacity restrictions affecting churches in California and Nevada.
“Why rule on a case that is moot and come up with a different decision then you did several months ago on the same issue?” Cuomo said. “You have a different court, and I think that was the statement that the court was making.”

Old 11-26-2020, 05:31 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times
^he said it’s a moot point it’s irrelevant because the churches are out of the orange and red zone. It’s irrelevant that he overstepped his boundaries and violated people’s first amendments rights. What a joke.

Irrelevant he forced nursing homes to take covid positive patients then tried and Blame them for taking them if they Couldn’t handle it. How can anyone support him is beyond me.

If you make a mistake own it. Don’t blame overs and deflect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island