Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 06:40 PM

30,371 posts, read 51,986,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Yup, lots of people skate/snowboard/surf well into their 50's. It's California.

Don't get me wrong, if you live in a genric inland suburb, that resembles a suburb in fly over country, I could see how you find it "silly and pathetic" rofl.

But who knows, could just be bitter about having no athletic talent lol.
Again, I mistook sav858's comments for yours - and I don't happen to think either activity is silly/pathetic. To each their own, and as I've already stated, one doesn't have to stop doing what they love just because they're xx years old. Wish I still had the physical ability to do that stuff, but unfortunately my body isn't a young 41 (more like a 60-70 year-old's, due to various issues).

So no, I'm not bitter about anything! In fact, one of the reasons my body is so torn up, is because I actually WAS a high-level athlete. I competed in figure skating and ice dancing for years, and destroyed my joints as a result.

Quote:
Not sure why bay area people not from LA, who never lived in LA, are obsessed with the LA forum. Very odd. Is the bay area forum as boring as the bay is in real life?
Obsessed? I've literally posted on one or two threads here, in probably the last few years. I didn't even realize this was on the L.A. forum at first, as I just saw the title in "active threads" on my side-bar, and it caught my attention. And while the Bay Area is FAR from boring, the forum isn't all that exciting honestly... mostly people whining about our COL, debating the weather, or newbies asking where they can find "a 5-bedroom house with 1+ acres in a good school district and safe neighborhood, commutable to big employers, with a budget of $500K." To which we usually respond "try Idaho?"

Old 01-23-2018, 06:48 PM

30,371 posts, read 51,986,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
I am just offering advice. In case one day you want a husband or something.
I'm quite happily single, thanks... and the men I have dated accepted me for ME, or I wouldn't have dated them in the first place. But considering what you said in your DM to me, I can see your view of gender roles are a bit - shall we say - outdated? I don't need a man to complete me, nor would I change (radically) just to land a husband. Nope, sorry.

Quote:
The whole 40 year old pot head, self proclaimed genius, from the bay area is a little cliche. Just sayin
So I'm a cliche... who cares? Again, I don't live my life to please anyone else. If you or anyone doesn't like it, oh freaking well. I'm about as far from "cliche" otherwise, though, if you knew anything about me beyond what I've shared here. How many Jewish tattooed librarians who collect snakes do YOU know?

Quote:
God bless you, hope you have a nice "mellow" week at work!
Haha, thanks. Pretty mellow here today, but I'm about to end my break and cover the desk for 3 hours. Let's pray for no weirdos tonight, lol.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:23 AM

205 posts, read 411,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
If a recreational pot store opens in my neighborhood, and I want the federal laws enforced to shut it down, who can I call? Will the ATF enforce federal marijuana laws and arrest all parties violating federal law? I obviously can't call the LAPD, since they will now refuse to enforce federal marijuana laws as they also refuse to enforce federal immigration laws.
Hide yo kids , hide yo wife, hide yo husband, Exitus Acta Probat is snitchin on erbody up in here

Old 01-24-2018, 11:17 AM

50,371 posts, read 47,109,092 times
We had one open down the street and almost immediately the petty theft and burglaries started. I thought only tweekers did that but an analyst at the SDPD said the end result is the same. Homeless stealing crap to buy drugs. That they used weed to come off the tweeker buzz.

After a few months the cops closed it and the problems ended just like that.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:59 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We had one open down the street and almost immediately the petty theft and burglaries started. I thought only tweekers did that but an analyst at the SDPD said the end result is the same. Homeless stealing crap to buy drugs. That they used weed to come off the tweeker buzz.
After a few months the cops closed it and the problems ended just like that.
That is not what normally happens. "homeless steal to buy drugs"? maybe but not so that they can buy weed at a dispensary, they buy it on the street where it's far cheaper, so proximity to a dispensary would have zero impact on thefts in the area.

Study: Marijuana Dispensaries Make Neighborhoods Safer « CBS Sacramento

Do yourself a favor and park in front of a dispensary and then come back and tell us how many homeless people went inside to buy their weed

Old 01-25-2018, 01:16 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,122,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That is not what normally happens. "homeless steal to buy drugs"? maybe but not so that they can buy weed at a dispensary, they buy it on the street where it's far cheaper, so proximity to a dispensary would have zero impact on thefts in the area.

Study: Marijuana Dispensaries Make Neighborhoods Safer « CBS Sacramento

Do yourself a favor and park in front of a dispensary and then come back and tell us how many homeless people went inside to buy their weed
In our area people try to break into the dispensary itself but it does not result in property crime of the surrounding area.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:30 PM

42,862 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
In our area people try to break into the dispensary itself but it does not result in property crime of the surrounding area.
Do they succeed? The ones around here are really secure I'm not sure how anyone could break in

Old 01-25-2018, 01:36 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,122,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do they succeed? The ones around here are really secure I'm not sure how anyone could break in
They don't but they try and they do manage to do damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles