Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 01:41 PM

585 posts, read 634,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I didn't know that. Hey, remember that race where Terry Labonte got looped on the last lap by Dale Earnhardt? That was a wild night.
Wow, really? That's gotta be embarrassing. I don't really follow motorsports so I must admit I do not recall that race. Nor any other, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 05:00 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Lol, exact opposite corners of a very long state, Memphis and Bristol. Did you know that Bristol sits so much on the border of TN and VA that the state border runs down the middle of Main St.? I wonder if you could live in one state (TN) with zero income tax, and buy cars and shop in the state with the lower sales tax (TN plus City of Bristol at 9.3% vs 5% for VA) - kinda the best of both worlds?
I live in California and pay no state income tax and it's totally legal. I feel sorry for you schmucks that got caught in this trap.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:46 AM

585 posts, read 634,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
I live in California and pay no state income tax and it's totally legal. I feel sorry for you schmucks that got caught in this trap.
Wow! Panties in a bunch much? Don't blame us and start calling people names, YOU are the one that left "Memphis" as your profile location and then ADMITTED to cheating California out of your income tax.

Now (Screenshot already taken), I have to wonder two things:

1. Is anyone here petty enough (Besides you) to contact the State Franchise Tax Board who is notorious for ruthlessly pursuing tax scofflaws? They will even pursue you if you have moved out of state, but fly back to see a medical professional. See various threads on this very topic on this very forum for details.

2. Does that government body have subpoena and investigative authority to demand your personal information from City-data. com, or the ability to get a court order forcing them to do so?

Anyhow, just asking for a friend.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:34 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Wow! Panties in a bunch much? Don't blame us and start calling people names, YOU are the one that left "Memphis" as your profile location and then ADMITTED to cheating California out of your income tax.

Now (Screenshot already taken), I have to wonder two things:

1. Is anyone here petty enough (Besides you) to contact the State Franchise Tax Board who is notorious for ruthlessly pursuing tax scofflaws? They will even pursue you if you have moved out of state, but fly back to see a medical professional. See various threads on this very topic on this very forum for details.

2. Does that government body have subpoena and investigative authority to demand your personal information from City-data. com, or the ability to get a court order forcing them to do so?

Anyhow, just asking for a friend.

Tell your friend that they are to stupid to find me.

Old 03-16-2024, 07:15 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
The 2024 race is Sunday, 3/16/24.

Roughly 25,000 runners will stream through city streets, passing by iconic venues all with the goal of completing Sunday’s 39th Los Angeles Marathon.

The 26.2-mile course begins at Dodger Stadium, with the competition getting underway at 7 a.m. and passing through several communities, including Echo Park, Silver Lake, Los Feliz, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Brentwood and Century City.

Some of L.A.’s most famous icons runners will pass include the Chinatown Dragon Gate, Los Angeles City Hall, Echo Park Lake, Capitol Records Building, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the TCL Chinese Theatre, Rodeo Drive and Historic Route 66.

The race finish line is at Santa Monica Boulevard and Avenue of the Stars in Century City. The race officially ends 6 1/2 hours after the last runner crosses the starting line.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-road-closures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles