Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 PM

15 posts, read 100,965 times

Advertisements

Great pix & thanks for sharing. I love all the plants in bloom almost all year here. Everyplace has something pretty to say about itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 PM

15 posts, read 100,965 times
Default Great pic

Great pic Dolly Parton

Old 05-21-2009, 05:13 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
I'd like to remind everyone that you should post only photos that you, yourself, have taken. Any other photos are likely copyrighted and, as such, not allowed here.

This is specifically addressed in the Forum's Terms of Service.

Of course, you're welcome to post LINKS to copyrighted photos. In fact, I encourage you to post links to your own photos, to keep this thread from becoming overloaded with pictures and, therefore, slow-loading.

Thanks.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:04 PM

30 posts, read 143,784 times
Default Nice

Nice Pictures!!! Will you add more? http://www.picturehoster.org/storage/461.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-24-2009, 11:30 AM

938 posts, read 4,092,849 times
Add your own photos or give proper credit! What's so hard about citing the photographer ?!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-27-2009 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: Edited out the EXIF bit, since the photos are gone now.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Seeing those Long Beach pics earlier in the thread reminded me of Russell's (I believe it was on Atlantic). A Google search revealed nothing, I must assume like many other "old time" SoCal restos it's kaput - a victim of the food police and in migration of those who do not appreciate "pre modern" So Cal institutions. Please tell me I am mistaken and that it still exists ...
Anyone remember? Thanks!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
This is request from D-Towner,He asked me to take some pictures of Monterey Park

I will post more tomorrow

Here is a downtown area. With lots of shops north east of Garfield and Garvey

This one is one of the oldest but real pupular strip mall,I took some pictures here

This is one of the original bakery here,they have those Chinese breakfast with soy milk.
Next to it is a Boba tea shop

This is a chain fast food Taiwanese style eatery,you stand in line and the servers give you the food

This is the Hong Kong Market across the street

The Lincoln Plaza Hotel I think it's still open,have to check,there was a fire in the restaurant

That is Garvey and Garfied

Some shops on Garvey

street view on Garvey

Here is another shopping strip

99 market is a chain all over california

This is on on Atlantic,East of Garvey,that street on Garvey goes west there is more on that area. but goes to part of East L.A.

Next to this building

This is across from the 99 market

It's called the Deerfield Plaza

This is past Garvey on Atlantic

This is Monterey Park Cascades facing north. This is a famous landmark

This is from the other side

Homes in behind me

Some expensive homes in a gated community not far from it

Outside the gated community

Amazing how this car gets up there eveyday!

This is on Garvey going east,I took that picture of the building on the left side

Newly built building

some affordable homes

Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 AM

2,498 posts, read 11,434,862 times
Hey villagelife,
Those were some great interesting pictures. I've never been to Monterey Park specifically. It looks like an interesting neighborhood and I bet the food is delicious!!! thanks for sharing.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Hey villagelife,
Those were some great interesting pictures. I've never been to Monterey Park specifically. It looks like an interesting neighborhood and I bet the food is delicious!!! thanks for sharing.
Hey missionhome,yes,there are many Chinese Restaurants,so much competition. It has to be good,otherwise they can't survive.Because the Chinese here are from China,Taiwan,Hong Kong. We would always criticize something if it's no the right taste,then they lose customers.

There are also Vietnamese restaurants,mostly in Rosemead and Alhambra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles