Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 PM

21 posts, read 81,459 times

Advertisements

okay... i do think compton is ghetto, sorry. maybe it isn't as bad as some areas but it definitely was not fun for me... and from my experience so far it is pretty bad.

when i was younger my mom slowly saved up more money and we moved to carson, which has more nice areas... what a difference. in compton i slept on the floor at night just in case. we could hear gunshots every night. it may look nicer than some other places but trust me, that's just the weather.

compton is as bad as other ghettos in america safety-wise, i think. maybe it looks nicer... but that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,578,016 times
@stolpioni: LOL WOW. You honestly think that Sweden's ghettos are worse than some of the ones in the United States? You've got to be joking me. Here in the US, unfortunately, in the ghettos there is a lot of gang violence. I doubt there's as much gang violence happening in Sweden.

Oh, and your comment about Beograd (Belgrade) being in the mix of bad ghettos? I'm sure there's some bad communist style architecture in some parts like many eastern European cities, but I'd feel safer in a ghetto in Beograd than one of the ghettos as shown on street view throughout this thread.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:05 AM

312 posts, read 910,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh wow. Those apartments are really "ghetto".
You said I don't know what I'm talking but look at you. Those pictures don't even back up what you said! Trust me honey, there's a little city up in the mid west of the U.S. called "Detroit". Visit there, and then come back and try to tell me about "Ghetto". You have a horrible temper by the way. What's up with that? I thought people from Sweden were like the nicest Europeans or something.
I wasn't talking about ghetto, never.
I strictly compared it to the looks of Compton, not saying anything else.

The video doesn't do justice and there are lots of areas that looks alot worse than many in the video, though it's no ghettos in Sweden at all, just
like Compton and LA doesn't have any.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 AM

312 posts, read 910,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
@stolpioni: LOL WOW. You honestly think that Sweden's ghettos are worse than some of the ones in the United States? You've got to be joking me. Here in the US, unfortunately, in the ghettos there is a lot of gang violence. I doubt there's as much gang violence happening in Sweden.
whaat? I compared to Compton not the US in general. You think I'm stupid??
And yea there's gang violence and lots of shootings in Sweden too, but nothing like the US.

And also, I was comparing them through the looks, not in violence.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:47 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,631,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolpioni View Post
whaat? I compared to Compton not the US in general. You think I'm stupid??
And yea there's gang violence and lots of shootings in Sweden too, but nothing like the US.

And also, I was comparing them through the looks, not in violence.
Oh I get what your saying now stopoli. Compton in similar in looks to the ghettos of Sweden. I guess idk. But I still believe compton is MUCH worse and you most likely have not been to the actual neighborhoods in Compton. Those are the ones you need to watch out. In one of Compton's neighborhoods, just being the wrong race can get you shot up. No lie.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 AM

23 posts, read 56,905 times
...wait till you go to Detroit

Old 01-16-2010, 01:06 PM

37,149 posts, read 42,245,999 times
It's the people that make a place ghetto, not the building.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,351,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolpioni View Post
I was visiting LA a couple of months back..
All my life I've been hearing about "the worst ghetto in the US" called Compton in south central LA. I went there to check it out. I drived through alot of streets including the whole Compton Avenue and I just gotta ask if Compton has looked like this all the time or it has just gotten alot better over the last few years?

I mean, we have tons of hoods in SWEDEN (EU) that is far worse than Compton and the whole South Central, and many of them we don't even call ghettos.
This has got to be the dumbest post ever!
Bergsjön,Fittja or Rosengård can't even compare to Compton and the likes just because there are some ugly apartment complexes.
Yes,there are a few shootings a year,but that happens in every major city around the world,ghetto or not.
And those so called gangs in swedish suburbs are just a bunch of snotty wannabe thugs.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:39 PM

187 posts, read 481,848 times
Who cares about Sweden, the post is about Compton....and yes Compton is ghetto and dangerous-PERIOD! So is Boyle Heights, Lincoln Heights and so on.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,351,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereinutep View Post
Who cares about Sweden, the post is about Compton....
Read the op.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles