Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 AM

221 posts, read 753,132 times

Advertisements

Oh, please. "Word salad" is a term used to describe schizophrenics who make no grammatical sense whatsoever.

Yes, there are creative scammers who use words to deceive, and these are dangerous folks, as highliner no doubt knows better than I. But there are also folks who, despite their best efforts, just aren't making it for a variety of reasons--some of which are not their fault--health problems-->job loss and no one hiring you because of them, for instance. Or mental health issues not caused by drugs or alcohol but perhaps by PTSD that VA benefits don't treat.

Wouldn't this be a better place if, instead of judging, we tried walking a mile in the other's shoes and listening before offering any advice whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 02:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,241 times
Default It is absolutely unsafe

Me and a few good ole boys visit the homeless camps weekly to clear them out and enjoy an early morning game of hobo baseball. You just keep that in mind, ya hear?

TO

Old 09-29-2008, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,169 times
Default If It Happened To You, You Still Would Not Believe It

I am 5 days away fron being kicked out of my house. 5 years ago I worked 30 hours a week and went to school 3 nights a week for two + years to improve my life.
I graduated from technical school with a 96 GPA for HVAC.
I started working for a company as, what I thought < at the time an apprentice.
I inherited about $1800000 from my parents estate.
I got fired for telling a customer that they had major reasons why their central AC did not work properly and that the company had to follow up on a solution to the problem.
I told my boss that we had to follow-up, but, nothing was done.
This customer was big in the construction business and insisted that he deal directly with the owner of the company. And I ended up getting fired for a problem that I did not have control of.
For two years I looked for work.
I bought a house with $75000 down and $150000 financed confident, but naive, that I would get a job.
I have had a series of jobs for slimy, incompetent business owners that cheated and lied to me about my apprenticship situation and bottom line, I have aqrued no time towards my licensing.
The Dept. of Consumer affairs will not do anything.
The Dept. of Social Services is of little help.
No lawyers will take my case without payment up front (don't have). This goes for bankruptcy or employment or the foreclosure.
I used to think this country was great, but, it is not!
Nobody gives a squat about right or wrong.
The only thing that matters these days is "What's in it for me!"
Unless it happened to you, as it did me, you would not beleive it!
In this country nobody helps anybody!

Last edited by b0bsc0fld; 09-29-2008 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: slight redressing of context

Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,352,419 times
Very sorry to hear all the things that have happened to you of late. You make a solid point, "what's in it for me" has run rampant in America. Though not every single person is this selfish, it is quite bad nonetheless. I have experienced this a lot lately myself, though not as bad as you, with co-workers screwing over me and other employees merely to benefit themselves. I assume you're in Louisville, and being in MI I can't really help you, but I'll say a prayer for ya. Not sure if this means anything to you, but Psalms says to put your trust in God, not man. You're certainly not alone, b0bsc0fld, especially with the what's happening on Wall st recently. Being from MI, where unemployment is 8.9%, I see people hard up for money everywhere, including way too many homeless people here who won't even get to see an inheiritance.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,929 times
KRANDER- Glad your seeking safe options prior to just moving !Should you ever consider Ohio I know of a place thats hiring wheremy friend and her boyfriend just got a job fulltime...I'm married and we have two minor children at home yet, and have roomto help you until you get on your feet if you think you would like Ohio?Either way be careful....If you are set on that area then I know of other sites you might find useful to locate people in that areayour seeking information about ..Just give me your email if you are intrested...

Old 10-01-2009, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 8,069 times
correct

Old 01-07-2011, 02:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,076 times
well if you want to sleep outside, I suggest you to go and look into the old buildings, you can get to very nice places, where nobody passes by,so you dont have to worry about being mugged, I usually search a lot and find one really nice corner where nobody passes by, sometimes you have to do a little climbing, but that will make its safer, as nobody will pass by there....for me what always works is roof tops, whatever rooftop I have been to, I have always been the only one there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area