Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,781 times

Advertisements

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues finding a place because of past eveiction(s). There are many appartments in Louisville that are 'eviction friendly'....Just google eviction friendly apartments. As long as you have not been evicted in the past 5 years. Sounds like you have not experienced eviction for quite some time now. I am moving back to Ky from Vegas (a treacherous hell hole of crime and home evasions) etc...lol...cant wait to blow this pop stand. Anyways......is it an issue with the amount you can afford to pay monthly?....I was online earlier and found many eviction friendly apartments (1-2) bedrooms for under $600 a mo....DON'T GIVE UP! You will find a place. Heck just rent a room if you are desparate from some old lady who needs the extra cash$$$. I have not had an eviction in over 15 years. Let's see.....I was evicted from my place im California and the bitc# gave me no reason! They don't have to im Cali.....I had 2 small get togetherd. I had a cat they knew nothing about so maybe that was it. Heck, I caight tje landlords husband (old fart) snooping around outside of my window. I am certaim that they were in my place when I was at work. I paid my rent on time every mo. .....But my lil kittly was probably spotted as tuey entered my place with NO permission.......Same thing in Vegas! I had an apartment in Hendersom Nv and I had been there for about 2 mo. Well, I had very little furniture. Is that why the landlord had some creepy long haired hippy 'maintenance' no uniform or name tag wearing street hustler unlock my door and enter my place? Once again, no permission at all. I paid my rent every mo with no issues. I worked night shift and I awoke to some creepy guy in my apartment....Scary! Landlords and 'office staff' have a key and will enter if they know you are not there....Everyone on the staff has a key. On second thought I think I will buy a fu##ing condo or a townhouse.....My stories are true!!!! Both complexes were small private owned units. I would avoid the mom-n-pop apartment units....

I have not contacted any of these properties as of yet but I will make sure I have a place locked in w/the deposit paid in full before I drive my butt across country! ....Good luck! ...And remember, go big and avoid these small family owned units. Just some advice....Phewwww im out of breath LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 06:09 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,247,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Try to look at it from the perspective of the property owner. If they rent to someone with a history of not paying their rent or doing something that caused them to be legally removed from their previous home, they would be taking quite a risk. An eviction is not a quick process, nor is it cheap. To truly evict someone who won't pay their rent or is doing things that cannot be tolerated by the owner and/or other tenants takes several months and costs the property owner a lot of money, not to mention the time spent in court going through all of the legal procedures.

There are two sides to every coin, and the rental business is just that, a business.
Absolutely, no landlord anywhere is obligated to rent to anyone. It's their property and they want to protect themselves and their own interests. Having said that, sometimes people fall on hard times and are evicted because maybe they were laid off something, whatever it might be, it's something that doesnt necessarily imply that one is a deadbeat.
As the Landlord, theres alot of liability, and risk involved, its his/her property, so naturally they'll want to protect it.
Life is all about lessons and you mentioned admitedly that you were young. Being prepared and having things ready in advance saves you from alot of potential heartbreak down the road. Once you get married and start having kids, this will just become all that much more important, you wont be able to live life on the fly, youll REALLY have to plan ahead on everything.

Sounds like a lesson learned: Youre gettin you iron sharpened a little bit...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area