Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:32 AM

200 posts, read 915,292 times

Advertisements

I've looked into a couple... can you suggest any good ones? I would like one that has a strong arts/ music/ language component; has a diverse group of kids/parents; and a nice outdoor play area, with perhaps a woodsy area where kids can explore nature; and one that will prepare my pre-schooler for kindergarten...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 04:04 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,089,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtolou View Post
I've looked into a couple... can you suggest any good ones? I would like one that has a strong arts/ music/ language component; has a diverse group of kids/parents; and a nice outdoor play area, with perhaps a woodsy area where kids can explore nature; and one that will prepare my pre-schooler for kindergarten...
I am sure there is one somewhere but it will probably be pricey. Here's an idea..... La Petite Academy -- Find Academy (http://www.lapetite.com/public/prospect/academy-listing.jsp?_requestid=10210 - broken link)

Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,465,943 times
Louisville's home sales up 4% in August

180k for a house?!?!?! I thought it was much cheaper up there!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:55 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,089,782 times
crystal it depends quite a bit where you buy yor house. I just bought a 3br 1 ba 2-2 1/2 car garages corner lot house for 100,000.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 AM

153 posts, read 538,393 times
I wouldn't go discriminating against preschools because of any religious affiliations. I'd suggest ANY preschools within 3 miles of St. Matthews or the Triangle.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,057,539 times
Le Petite Academy is wonderful - my best friend's granddaughter attends there and I've been inside several times - very caring people run that place and the curriculum is very good. It is right off 42.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:08 AM
AKF

178 posts, read 708,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
one thing i dont get

how can people say Louisville is extremely religious when they have so many nudie clubs?
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 10-04-2007, 11:35 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,250,930 times
Oh good grief. When I was living in religious Texas, there was a topless joint about 500 ft from the Baptist church. The total nudie clubs were on the outskirts. Church goers frequent those places just like anyone else---(pssst. And they dance and drink too. Don't let the secret out!)

Old 10-04-2007, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 12,613 times
Default Louisville is Great!

Louisville is a great city! I've lived in the area for 15 years! There are lots of Catholic schools just because there are lost of catholic people with lots of money who want to send their kids to private schools. Oldham County (where I live) does boast of a better public school system than that of Jefferson County....but there are still a lot of great schools in Jefferson Co....you just want to figure out where to live to attend those schools....highly recommend East end of town or Oldham County. Louisville metro area is very diverse. I think you will be accepted here regardless of race.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 AM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,156,956 times
Thumbs up Love hearing all your different point of views on this subject!

Just wanted to say I love hearing all the different point of views on this subject. Very insightfull and informative. Helps me see that Louisville and the area has something for everyone, and like someone said, maybe it's not for everyone. Everyone must find there place in this land. I think it sounds nearly perfect to me, but is all someones perspective. I have friends who live near downtown LA and have to drive 45-60 minutes through traffic strewn city streets to take there kids to a good private school because they don't like or trust the public school system in there area, yet for years they loved there location and thought it perfect[now are also looking for someplace else outside CA], while we live about 40 minutes [as the crow flys, not as how traffic moves] outside of LA in a upscale suburb which we love, but miss more of the seasons, green country sides, and history of what you all have. Plus it is almost impossible to step up to a larger home on property over here [we currently live in a 900 sq ft home on a 8000 sq ft lot which is valued even in this soft market at about $600K, so if we wanted a more normal sized home for a growing family of 4, let's say 1500 to 2000 sq ft, in a better neighborhood, were talking $850K - 1.5 Million!! Even if we could afford the monthly payments, the taxes would kill us! So when we see a gorgeous home for $200 - $250K on a acre or more in a green country setting in a county like Oldham which is known for great schools and quaint towns, nice people, sounds like heaven to us! Were use to wealthy snooty people over here too [I deal with them everyday in retail], but with that wealth, that usually means more $$ are also poured into the community from taxes and donations from that wealth, which is good for everyone, so I can put up with them for that!

My last comment is how surprised I am seeing a lot of people who are thinking of moving to KY without even seeing it in person. I have now gone over physically once [checking out NKY] and now in just a couple of weeks plan on coming over to check out Eastern and Southern Louisville area scoping out possible area's to live and work. Will probably come out 2-3 more times before finally doing the deed to make sure it is "that place" in which all of my family will like. I know it may be expensive to take the time off and either fly or drive [actually have found it cheap as heck to fly from LA via Delta {$168} with one stop-over in Atlanta to Lexington, then I just rent a car and drive-up], so I definately recommend seeing it in person, no matter how much research you do via the internet and other sources, nothing beats seeing it in person. My wife and me thought via our research that the Southern Cincinnati area in Kentucky around Florence and Union was that perfect spot, but once we got there, found it wasn't for us. Now hoping that the eastern Louisville area is our dreamland. Hope to know soon. Good luck to all those others who are also thinking of making the change. Just remember be nice and helpful to others, and they will to you too. Ciao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area