Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 05:47 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
How is a "Tax credit" subsidizing his heat pump , tax payers aren't on the hook for anything. It's your choice, if you want the credit it's there for you just buy an efficient heat pump, if you don't keep your oil fired boiler. Not a shot at anyone ,seriously just asking.

Of course the taxpayers subsidize these programs and in fact as a taxpayer I actually pay twice:
- first to the government as income and other taxes - where do you think those tax credits come from?
The governments (including local) are taking it from the taxpayers and puts it in the efficiency programs.

- second time I am charged monthly:
On my bills from the utility there is a separate line for energy efficiency.
Every month.

There is no free money; they have to come from the taxpayers and they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 06:27 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Of course the taxpayers subsidize these programs and in fact as a taxpayer I actually pay twice:
- first to the government as income and other taxes - where do you think those tax credits come from?
The governments (including local) are taking it from the taxpayers and puts it in the efficiency programs.

- second time I am charged monthly:
On my bills from the utility there is a separate line for energy efficiency.
Every month.

There is no free money; they have to come from the taxpayers and they do.
Isn't the person buying the heat pump a Tax payer?

Old 03-04-2024, 06:30 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
And yet it happens.

We have a friend who got a replacement furnace and a new roof using 'emergency' COVID funds.

The plannedemic has been a goldmine for lots of folks.
So they stole the covid funds is what you're saying.

Old 03-05-2024, 04:34 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,891,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
So why should tax payers be on the hook to help pay for it? I need a new oil fired boiler and don't expect my neighbors to subsidize it.
There are various kinds of tax credits, the child care tax credit, earned income credit as examples. A consumer finance college professor told my class that the tax laws are there. If you overlook one that will help you, that is your choice and/or your ignorance. I don't necessarily agree with all the tax credits that are offered. I don't agree with everything the government does. Given a choice, I would prefer to have my tax dollars go to certain tax credits for U.S. citizens than to feed and house people who entered this country illegally.

Tax credit links
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/9-tax-c...axes-for-2023/

http://www.maine.gov/revenue/taxes/t...me-tax-credits

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 03-05-2024 at 04:45 PM..

Old 03-10-2024, 07:52 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times
Quote:
Isn't the person buying the heat pump a Tax payer?
Not necessarily, A sizable chunk of people in this country do not pay taxes.

Old 03-10-2024, 07:55 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Not necessarily, A sizable chunk of people in this country do not pay taxes.
The last I saw it was pegged at just over 50%.

Old 03-10-2024, 05:13 PM

Quote:
LOL, yeah no. Give us a legitimate link for those numbers.
Are you not allowed to use google?

Old 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryBryan View Post
It is important to consider not only the cost of the investment, but also the expected payback time to make an informed decision. Calculating the payback time of a solar panel investment typically involves estimating monthly or annual savings compared to traditional energy sources. However, exact numbers may vary depending on specific conditions such as location, energy costs, installed system capacity, and other factors.
An important consideration while calculating 'payback' is the tax implication of an investment.

In the case of Solar Power for instance, with our Solar Power systems the IRS requires them to be fully depreciated over seven years. Every penny spent on Solar Power must be depreciated over seven years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine