Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 04:23 AM

3,627 posts, read 1,851,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Yeah, our lawn is like our last priority with young kids in the house. It's hard enough keeping up with the chores inside. But I'll mow it eventually.
arguing w/some strangers online is more of a priority for you. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 04:50 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,737,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
arguing w/some strangers online is more of a priority for you. lol
Yes, that takes priority over our lawn.

Old 06-14-2023, 07:24 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
That's why you make the kids mow the lawn otherwise no dinner.

Old 06-14-2023, 11:52 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,737,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I don't think a baby can mow.

Old 06-14-2023, 12:03 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,783,142 times
Quote:
I like the have the neighbors mow the lawn idea.

Old 06-14-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
I don't think a baby can mow.

Gotta start them young.

(i'm just kidding with all this kids mowing stuff).

Old 06-14-2023, 01:44 PM

12,453 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Gotta start them young.

(i'm just kidding with all this kids mowing stuff).
I think around freshmen year in high school, my dad had me clear his 1/2 acre wooded lot of undergrowth, shrubs, plus any mis-shapen trees with a shovel, axe, and a mattock - I dug everything out, I wasn't just cutting stuff off. I think if you asked landscapers, grown men, to do that nowadays, they'd say no - based on requests I've made to landscapers that were refused within the last decade - I'm saying "Just give me a price to think about!" and multiple firms saying "But we're not interested". LOL

Old 06-14-2023, 01:55 PM

It's probably the same as any trade/contractor these days. So much work available they can pick and choose. I've certainly found it to be the case with any particular contractor i've tried to get in touch with. Half don't even return calls and half don't even give me an estimate once they see the job and some of the quirks.

Old 06-14-2023, 01:57 PM

3,627 posts, read 1,851,774 times
Quote:
It's probably the same as any trade/contractor these days. So much work available they can pick and choose. I've certainly found it to be the case with any particular contractor i've tried to get in touch with. Half don't even return calls and half don't even give me an estimate once they see the job and some of the quirks.
Yep, I recently had a landscaper come over to take a look at something so he could give me a quote. Guy never sent a quote even after following up. Bizarre, why waste the time if you aren't going to quote or aren't interested in the job? He even knew exactly what the job was before he came to view to give me a quote....cut and dry project, easy money project but nope!

Old 06-14-2023, 05:15 PM

12,453 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
I mean, of course it's their right to refuse... but I did worse stuff even as a child, and when I was in college, I worked as a construction laborer who had spent years in the gym working fanatically... I used a shovel doing hours of intense reps at a crack and dragged out trees clearing land - I was working like I was in the gym going full-bore all day long... the guys running the bulldozers would whisper to me "If you'll work like that for me this weekend I'll pay you double whatever he's paying you"... and seeing these young guys who refuse to work hard it just sticks in my craw... I am pretty decrepit these days but if I were still physically able, I'd do it... when you're young, work isn't going to hurt you - if anything, it just makes you stronger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts