Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 11:57 AM

639 posts, read 379,684 times

Advertisements

yeah ok

if conspiracy theory people don't want to be mocked, maybe stop sounding so cray cray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 12:16 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Are you saying corporations during COVID did not violate people's rights? Restaurants also violated people's rights . Hospitals did not let people see their loved ones. Government favored corporations over mom and pop shops.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:27 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Are you saying corporations during COVID did not violate people's rights? Restaurants also violated people's rights . Hospitals did not let people see their loved ones. Government favored corporations over mom and pop shops.
Oh man, this again? How about looking at it this way--they prioritized the right TO STAY ALIVE over other rights. In any case, not sure what this has to do with Whole Foods.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Oh man, this again? How about looking at it this way--they prioritized the right TO STAY ALIVE over other rights. In any case, not sure what this has to do with Whole Foods.
He accused me being crazy when nothing I said was out of the ordinary.just difference of opinion. This is related whether you trust corporations if you are going to give them the power to take your biometrics. Very relevant.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:48 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
He accused me being crazy when nothing I said was out of the ordinary.just difference of opinion. This is related whether you trust corporations if you are going to give them the power to take your biometrics. Very relevant.
Again, assuming you own a mobile device, you're giving corporations your location, IP address, search preferences, and a WHOLE host of other private stuff already. If anything, it's tougher to defraud using biometrics.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:55 PM

639 posts, read 379,684 times
Quote:
Going to the "mark of the beast" stuff is "out of the ordinary". Its end of times conspiracy whackadoo.

And most of the things you're venting on about aren't rights. I don't have to patronize a company, or buy a product. If you don't like a store, or a company, don't do business with them. Simple. If you don't want to use a fingerprint to open an app, don't. If you don't want to use a retinal scan to board a plane. Don't.

No big deal.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
Going to the "mark of the beast" stuff is "out of the ordinary". Its end of times conspiracy whackadoo.

And most of the things you're venting on about aren't rights. I don't have to patronize a company, or buy a product. If you don't like a store, or a company, don't do business with them. Simple. If you don't want to use a fingerprint to open an app, don't. If you don't want to use a retinal scan to board a plane. Don't.

No big deal.
You are right you don't have to do business but hippaa laws were violated. If you read what I wrote I said I was not very religious but religious people think a requirement to buy and sell is not good. We do have freedom of religion in the United states you were not insulting me but religious people. What happens when a biometric is required by law?

Old 07-21-2023, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Again, assuming you own a mobile device, you're giving corporations your location, IP address, search preferences, and a WHOLE host of other private stuff already. If anything, it's tougher to defraud using biometrics.
Yes but we never had to use a physical body part. As the article I quoted before think it's unethical and not moral. I can chose to keep my smart phone at home and use a VPN.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:16 PM

3,626 posts, read 1,851,774 times
Quote:
Speaking of corporations using your biometrics....my current company and another one I worked for would give you some sort of insurance premium discount if you go to a Quest diagnostics and have a biometric screening. I think it's things like cholesterol, blood pressure etc and the result must be shared w/company. They probably want to see how many of their employees are healthy and how many are in the high risk category so they determine what to charge for employee portion of the healthcare costs? I wonder how else are they using your info? The $10/month or whatever it was that I'd save wasn't worth it to fork over my Biometrics info so I didn't do it.

Old 07-21-2023, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Speaking of corporations using your biometrics....my current company and another one I worked for would give you some sort of insurance premium discount if you go to a Quest diagnostics and have a biometric screening. I think it's things like cholesterol, blood pressure etc and the result must be shared w/company. They probably want to see how many of their employees are healthy and how many are in the high risk category so they determine what to charge for employee portion of the healthcare costs? I wonder how else are they using your info? The $10/month or whatever it was that I'd save wasn't worth it to fork over my Biometrics info so I didn't do it.
That can be used as medical discrimination. first of all, what is healthy is subjective even doctors disagree with cholesterol numbers. I believe its a couple of formulas. doctors are horrible with nutritional knowledge they get like 2 hours in medical school with all their schooling if that does not tell you anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts