Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 06:56 AM

3,376 posts, read 1,540,314 times

Advertisements

Well, I start with this tidbit, and this post will get even juicier. It's not here in Massachusetts yet but will be . Whole foods will allow people to pay without their phone or wallet but with the palm of their hand. this individualized palm print will be recorded and used so you can purchase items. there is a Washington dc whole foods where you can not go into the store unless you scan your phone and there are no check out lines your phone will keep track of all your grocery items.

https://www.businessinsider.com/whol...opening-2022-2

here is the proof.......https://techcrunch.com/2023/07/20/am...0-whole-foods/

Currently the whole foods in my town has self-checkout but for some reason, they do not allow you to use cash at the self-checkout even scummy stop and shop allows you to use cash at their self checkout. why? well its obvious they want to go to a cashless society where they can seize your money at any time. many believe this will be implemented with a social credit score which China already has. A social credit score works by keeping track of your online activity and other activities to allow privileges or take them away. This could also be implemented to prevent you from purchasing items if you are not up to date with the lastest vaccine. Remember you cant eat here unless you took the jab and took the amount we wanted you to? show proof of vaccination.

Are there some people on the left even alarmed by this in Massachusetts? would you be willing to scan your palm at whole foods any time you wanted to buy items? whole foods said they would not release the very personal palm print to third parties or the government.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innov...yes-180955445/

would you be ok with paying with your eyes? With a social credit score in place, they might prevent you from your purchases.

People just blindly go along with these changes and don't see the ramifications.

Im curious about what people's thoughts are on this.

At first it will be an option then it will be the only way you can purchase just like the Washington dc store where you have to scan your phone.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 07-21-2023 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 07:07 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
You can enter without scanning your phone, you just need to enter through a different gate. I won't be giving biometrics to corporations. As for what leftists think, true liberals will be skeptical based on civil liberties and other concerns. Corporatized leftists will jump at the chance. Wonder how many would support using this tech to verify voter status?

Old 07-21-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
You can enter without scanning your phone, you just need to enter through a different gate. I won't be giving biometrics to corporations. As for what leftists think, true liberals will be skeptical based on civil liberties and other concerns. Corporatized leftists will jump at the chance. Wonder how many would support using this tech to verify voter status?
Corporatized leftists will use the argument oh look at the convenience. They will get giddy. I did not know you can enter through a different gate in Washington Dc let's hope paying the old-fashioned way is always an option but it could be doubtful. They are testing this out to see how many are on board and willing to blindly follow.

Ya, the right might use this technology to check voter status in certain states. it's a no bueno for me for any reason. They will say we have illegals voting or people voting more than once a way to cut voter fraud out would be to use this technology. then the left would be against it for voting but for it for store purchases.

The technology is out so we will see where this goes and how many are on board.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:32 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
I’m cashless. Any store that wants to collect the data knows what I buy. Nationally, we need to tighten up our data privacy laws. I don’t want a company selling my location data or my purchasing data.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:33 AM

639 posts, read 377,993 times
What are conspiracy theorists right about? This is standard 1960s pulp sci fi stuff, not conspiracy stuff.

Private corporations can do what they want if it doesn't infringe on civil rights.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’m cashless. Any store that wants to collect the data knows what I buy. Nationally, we need to tighten up our data privacy laws. I don’t want a company selling my location data or my purchasing data.
There is a big difference using a credit card and using the palm of your hand. They say the biometric data will not be linked to your purchases but that is hard to believe. I knew someone that worked in a hospital your medical data might not even be as private as you think. I use credit cards but I would not use the palm of my hand or eye . I always want the option of paying with cash

Old 07-21-2023, 07:54 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
There is a big difference using a credit card and using the palm of your hand. They say the biometric data will not be linked to your purchases but that is hard to believe. I knew someone that worked in a hospital your medical data might not even be as private as you think. I use credit cards but I would not use the palm of my hand or eye . I always want the option of paying with cash
What’s the difference? They both disclose my identity. With a huge amount of effort, I could probably be close to anonymous. Own my house in a trust. Register my car to a corporation. Pay cash for everything. VPN and dark web for any internet access. No cell phone. It would be extremely inconvenient.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:55 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,087,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
You make it seem conspiratorial but it's just a melding of various technologies including biometric (https://justwalkout.com/). I've been using CLEAR (iris scan) to board flights for about a year. How is this that different? If you're that worried about "Big Brother", ditch all of your connected devices and go back to pencil & paper.

Old 07-21-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
What’s the difference? They both disclose my identity. With a huge amount of effort, I could probably be close to anonymous. Own my house in a trust. Register my car to a corporation. Pay cash for everything. VPN and dark web for any internet access. No cell phone. It would be extremely inconvenient.

This site explains it well.. you can destroy credit cards you can't get rid of your palms unless you cut them off..https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/1/2...y-verification

Your physical self is literally becoming a transactional tool”

“The closest thing we have now is things like Apple Wallet and Apple Pay and other device-based payments infrastructure,” says Renieris. “But I just think, philosophically and ethically, there’s extreme value in having a physical separation between your transaction infrastructure and your physical self — your personhood and your body. As we merge the two ... a lot of the rights that are based on the boundedness of a person are further threatened.”

Renieris says that from a historical standpoint, privacy has been based on physical spaces like your home, or your papers, or your possessions. But once those physical spaces bleed into the digital world, as with an identity system that is tied irrevocably to your actual hands, “it becomes harder to establish and preserve those rights.”

“Your physical self is literally becoming a transactional tool,” she says.

It is uploaded to the cloud that will allow hackers to get at it. Yes both identify you. Let's say the police were looking for someone they can get rid of credit cards and IDs but they can't change the palm of their hand.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
What are conspiracy theorists right about? This is standard 1960s pulp sci fi stuff, not conspiracy stuff.

Private corporations can do what they want if it doesn't infringe on civil rights.
some even go way further back like the bible. In the bible in revelations I believe it says that no man can buy or sell unless he had a mark on his hand or forehead. this mark is called the Mark of the Beast. even if you don't believe in the bible I am not very religious its kind of a strange going that far back it talks about the hand and forehead. though really religious people are very wary of this.

during covid private corporations violated many rights. I come to find out that amazons ring doorbell said it would not release data but they released data to the police after they said they would not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onlzQi7sm6E

corporations and the government have been working together in the united states. In this case it looks like perverts working for amazon used the doorbell to get their kicks. people in other countries accessed the videos too. Some people put them inside the house . what were all those Ukrainian men doing ha ha ha?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts