Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 07:49 AM

959 posts, read 538,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Just because MA Nimbys didn't want to build a reasonable amount of housing doesn't mean you all should close the door on these good people. The lack of affordable housing could be remedied in 3 years if there was political will- since there's not there should be no complaining about people paying 100k over the asking price for their home if they're a NIMBY themselves.
Do you know how many people are in this world? Even in Haiti there are 11 millions. Massachusetts and especially Boston is fairly small area. How much do you think needs to be built? People do communicate with their relatives.

Also ... Massachusetts is not really a mecca of manufacturing. Are we inviting highly educated professionals? Where are you planning to employ all newcomers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 07:51 AM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Do you know how many people are in this world? Even in Haiti there are 11 millions. Massachusetts and especially Boston is a fairly small area. How much do you think needs to be built? People do communicate with their relatives.
+1. I think Boston has done their part. Time to ship folks somewhere else if they can't stay in their own countries.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:56 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Don't people understand it's already too crowded here? How about they try Montana or Wymoing instead of bussing all these migrants into the northeast corridor? I'm sure there's a lot more space available in those other states.
It’s horrible! People here can’t afford to live as it is. Yet, this President is trucking in more people at the tax payers expense. People that need to be housed, clothed , fed, will need expensive healthcare, need interpreters, most will not be able to adapt to an environment where being high functioning is a requirement. Their children will need expensive bilingual education. Meanwhile, citizens continue to be priced out if their apartments.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:02 AM

Not sure about shipping them, but at least not going out of the way to accommodate them would be good. This will be a good way to stop others from just coming here because of good education (Do we hear this right? I thought Boston schools were horrible because of racism? Are they planning to move right to Needham or Lexington?)

I am all for people coming here, but they need to be able to do it on their own. As I said before we did... rent was crazy expensive, but we managed without demanding housing for us.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:05 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,342,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Thug View Post
State opens second migrant shelter at Eastern Nazarene College in Quincy

2 migrant shelters in a state of 7 million people? Kind of embarrassing it's just 2.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:07 AM

I guess I am not all for people coming here given the housing situation and I'm also not in favor of building more. Greater boston are is full.

there's definitely more than just 2 migrant shelters. Are you kidding me?

Old 08-08-2023, 08:14 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Do you know how many people are in this world? Even in Haiti there are 11 millions. Massachusetts and especially Boston is fairly small area. How much do you think needs to be built? People do communicate with their relatives.

Also ... Massachusetts is not really a mecca of manufacturing. Are we inviting highly educated professionals? Where are you planning to employ all newcomers?
I want Massachusetts built out to accommodate 20 million people. That is 3,000 ppsqmi. Less than the density of Springfield. Easy to do- there are land areas in the US that reach that density over the equivalent square mileage of MA already.

Msrb311 it’s 2023 the world is growing in population and will continue to indefinitely. Greater Boston will have to grow. That’s just how human reproduction and the world works.

It started out with a few thousand people and look at us now. Even NYC and LA grow.
Barring a plague or economic collapse Greater Boston will grow throughout your life time. As will the rest of the world. As much as you don’t want more people arriving and not home construction- that’s exactly what happens anyway, right?

Don’t be mad at the messenger.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:22 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Not sure about shipping them, but at least not going out of the way to accommodate them would be good. This will be a good way to stop others from just coming here because of good education (Do we hear this right? I thought Boston schools were horrible because of racism? Are they planning to move right to Needham or Lexington?)

I am all for people coming here, but they need to be able to do it on their own. As I said before we did... rent was crazy expensive, but we managed without demanding housing for us.
If 60 homeless Haitians popped up in front of your work place, home, or favorite store-youd be begging for them to be accommodated lol..

Want a lack of right to shelter laws? take a look at other cities homeless problems. It could be that- that is your alternative.

Boston Public schools are bad not because of racism. In all likelihood these migrants will end up in the gateway cities that are designed to host them.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:24 AM

Default re

Quote:
I want Massachusetts built out to accommodate 20 million people. That is 3,000 ppsqmi. Less than the density of Springfield. Easy to do- there are land areas in the US that reach that density over the equivalent square mileage of MA already.

Msrb311 it’s 2023 the world is growing in population and will continue to indefinitely. Greater Boston will have to grow. That’s just how human reproduction and the world works.

It started out with a few thousand people and look at us now. Even NYC and LA grow.
Barring a plague or economic collapse Greater Boston will grow throughout your life time. As will the rest of the world. As much as you don’t want more people arriving and not home construction- that’s exactly what happens anyway, right?

Don’t be mad at the messenger.
It's inevitable that the world will grow but not everyone needs to be in Boston. Other countries NEED to make themselves better for others to live there. It isn't sustainable for people to live mainly in a handful of cities. South of the Border needs to be revamped in a major way so people can live there. Why is this not being addressed? Crazy.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
You want? Why?

US is a large country. Why do you want MA which is already one of the most populated states to grow to 20 millions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts