Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 09:02 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Reading the definition of urban area they give, this has more to do with the way different places are urbanized.
Exactly. If you change the development pattern you can fit 20 mil in Massachusetts, easily. There been 400 years of settlement, there are millenia still to come. Anything's possible.

As you can see here once youre 12 miles from City hall Boston has the lowest population density of any top ten metro. And from there its basically on par with Atlanta not other dense cities.

https://www.census.gov/dataviz/visua...ns/054/508.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 09:03 AM

16,400 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Why is it out of the question for other countries to become better places so not everyone wants to come here?? Why should the US be the only ones to change and make sacrifices?

Old 08-08-2023, 09:08 AM

959 posts, read 538,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
US immigration laws allow for asylum seekers and refugees. Whether or not every individual meets the criteria - you do not know.

Then in Massachusetts you do have a right to be accommodated with housing. That's why all of this is happening.

If you do not like it- fine. You are welcome to return to your home country. Or better yet and re practically head to a state where refugees don't want to go to like South Dakota- no right to shelter law there. That should solve this problem for you.

Its not more complicated than this. You're stressing yourself out about inevitabilities and things you have virtually no control over. Seems asinine.
Are you really proposing me who was selfreliable from the beginning and actually pays taxes (a lot) to return to my home country so people who cannot take care of their needs be accommodated in Massachusetts?

Do you really have education you mentioned? Have you taken Math classes?

I am not a conservative, but I now see a point conservative have about progressives.

As for "inevitables" you are highly mistaken.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Are you really proposing me who was selfreliable from the beginning and actually pays taxes (a lot) to return to my home country so people who cannot take care of their needs be accommodated in Massachusetts?

I am not a conservative, but I now see a point conservative have about progressives.

Absolutely. Why not? if its an issue for you you can simply move- youve done it before. What is the issue?

Please enlighten me as to what i am mistaken about and we can talk about it here.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Why is it out of the question for other countries to become better places so not everyone wants to come here?? Why should the US be the only ones to change and make sacrifices?
Because how

Old 08-08-2023, 09:11 AM

16,400 posts, read 8,198,277 times
BBMM is just sick of white people and wants more minorities in the area and in the US. There is simply NO other reason why someone would wane 20M people living here. He wants Boston to be taken over by Haitians.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:13 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:

OK. Which of these countries do you expect to change and how do you propose we force them? Honest question.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
BBMM is just sick of white people and wants more minorities in the area and in the US. There is simply NO other reason why someone would wane 20M people living here. He wants Boston to be taken over by Haitians.
Lol lighting bolts coming from our msRB. You got frustrated with logic and resorted to xenophobic racism.
Im not Haitian-at all- and dont live in Boston, why would I want Boston to be "taken over by Haitians" It already has been anyway.

Also, you do know white people can move to places to right? Some of the more diverse metro areas in the country have growing white populations? Theyre just in the Sunbelt where they can actually be housed.

*If* anything white people in MA are shooting themselves in the foot in this regard. Immigrants will tolerate crummy old crowded housing and mom and pop stores with fewer modern amenities. White Americans generally will not.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:23 AM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Are you really proposing me who was self reliable from the beginning and actually pays taxes (a lot) to return to my home country so people who cannot take care of their needs be accommodated in Massachusetts?

As an immigrant myself, I too have a visceral reaction to anyone who tells me to "go back where you came from." My response is usually--NFW, I'm just pointing out what can be changed in this (my) country, because I actually care.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
OK. Which of these countries do you expect to change and how do you propose we force them? Honest question.
Thank you.

Id love cheaper home prices and for there to be more fully functional nations to contribute fully to society and to travel safely to and learn from. But every political, economic and military expert in the world tries at this.

This is far beyond the scope of local yokel south shore politics...quite frankly NIMBYISM and this type of xenophobic ideology is just one more traffic cone for serious world leaders to knock over if need be. Its nothing compared to what they deal with on the front end of global migration patterns and political reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts