Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 09:35 AM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Agree! If someone were walking down the street pouring out a liquid as others were around and then just tossed the bottle that would not be ok either and I'm pretty sure a comment would be made to them by whoever witnessed it.
I'd definitely make a comment if I was there and witnessed something like that. Just as I make comments to people who don't put their carts back in the corral (if I'm parked next to them) when they leave the cart to crash into the car parked next to or in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2023, 09:40 AM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
When someone encounters problems virtually every time they leave their house, it makes you wonder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It should make you wonder....it makes me wonder why do so many others act like this is normal and acceptable behavior when people do these trashy and/or reckless things....I'll at least honk if it impacts me and has the potential to cause an accident or damage to my property. I mean that's what horns are for, right?
It's not that "others act like this is normal and acceptable behavior". It's that others have been driving for decades...hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles...and they don't have these problems.

Old 12-22-2023, 09:43 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
I'd definitely make a comment if I was there and witnessed something like that. Just as I make comments to people who don't put their carts back in the corral (if I'm parked next to them) when they leave the cart to crash into the car parked next to or in front of them.
That i dont bother with...I do put my cart back these days but there were times when my kids were very little and had them with me that i didn't. I would never leave the cart in a parking spot or right next to someone's car and there are also people working there who put the carts back in the corral. I certainly think it's helpful if everyone puts their cart back but this really seems to irk you...I mean a paying customer who is already paying for overpriced groceries and now has to buy paper bags or bring their own shouldnt be troubled with walking a great distance to put their cart back. As I said I do it, I think it's obnoxious if someone puts it in the middle of road or a parking spot...but how much should the customer be responsible for these days when purchasing food? They already chose that grocery store to do business.

Old 12-22-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
It's not that "others act like this is normal and acceptable behavior". It's that others have been driving for decades...hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles...and they don't have these problems.
Maybe those 'others' are part of the problem and are the ones driving reckless?! I ran a quick errand only a few miles from my house this AM and witnessed a loon in that short trip. It didn't happen to me but I still observed it and if it was me I certainly would have honked at the aggressor. Two lanes with the left lane meant for a left turn only....guy in a jeep comes speeding in left lane in order to pass the car in the right that is going straight at the last few seconds before the left lane ends. If that right lane driver wasn't alert, I could see that action by the jeep causing an accident. It's like why can't people just drive normal?!

Old 12-22-2023, 09:47 AM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Maybe those 'others' are part of the problem and are the ones driving reckless?!
Maybe.

Old 12-22-2023, 09:49 AM

Default re

Quote:
No one on this forum seems to have these problems...which is not a large sample of people.

I saw someone vomiting outside their car in the drive through of Dunkin donuts from a distance this morning. Not something you see often and it was pretty disgusting.

Old 12-22-2023, 09:51 AM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
That i dont bother with...I do put my cart back these days but there were times when my kids were very little and had them with me that i didn't. I would never leave the cart in a parking spot or right next to someone's car and there are also people working there who put the carts back in the corral. I certainly think it's helpful if everyone puts their cart back but this really seems to irk you...I mean a paying customer who is already paying for overpriced groceries and now has to buy paper bags or bring their own shouldnt be troubled with walking a great distance to put their cart back. As I said I do it, I think it's obnoxious if someone puts it in the middle of road or a parking spot...but how much should the customer be responsible for these days when purchasing food? They already chose that grocery store to do business.

It takes time and labor for store staff to clean up after those customers who choose to be pigs. Don't think that isn't built into the cost of your groceries.

Old 12-22-2023, 10:08 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It takes time and labor for store staff to clean up after those customers who choose to be pigs. Don't think that isn't built into the cost of your groceries.
So not putting your cart back in the corral every time is being a pig? I am actually lol'ing now. There's been plenty of times I've bagged my groceries myself in the bags I paid for...all good...but if a pregnant woman or someone who is feeling ill or very old doesn't put their cart back on a freezing cold day or a sweltering hot day I'm not sure i'd think of them as a pig.

I think being a pig is using an EBT card to buy chips, soda and candy...but that's just me.

Old 12-22-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
It's mostly just the people who leave the carts in the middle of an empty spot or close to someone else's car that irks me. If they at least make an effort to put the two front wheels of it up on the curbing so it doesn't roll and is out of the way....I wouldn't say anything to them then.

Old 12-22-2023, 10:11 AM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
So not putting your cart back in the corral every time is being a pig? I am actually lol'ing now. There's been plenty of times I've bagged my groceries myself in the bags I paid for...all good...but if a pregnant woman or someone who is feeling ill or very old doesn't put their cart back on a freezing cold day or a sweltering hot day I'm not sure i'd think of them as a pig.

I think being a pig is using an EBT card to buy chips, soda and candy...but that's just me.

If every person did it, it adds a significant amount of time for them to clear the lot. You see a lot with carriages scattered all over the place, the majority of the culprits are not pregnant, old or ill. They are just selfish and lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts