Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 10:14 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times

Advertisements

I'm just laid back and just don't care. I have other stuff to worry about.

If you folks want to continue to to call out Ahole driver's on the road i have no problem with that. You do you. I'm just not going to join in on the festivities that's all. I don't want to, and as someone who occasionally conceal carries (although much less now I will admit), last thing I really want to do is engage with others in a negative way. That's what prompted me to fall into the "let them blow off steam and be on my way" approach. Last thing I want to see is someone getting out of their car fumbling in their pocket for something. Best way to ensure I never see that is to not engage people. I have nothing to prove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2023, 10:18 AM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
I thought stores hire people specifically to retrieve carts. I mean, isn't that someone's job?

3,620 posts, read 1,840,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'm just laid back and just don't care. I have other stuff to worry about.

If you folks want to continue to to call out Ahole driver's on the road i have no problem with that. You do you. I'm just not going to join in on the festivities that's all. I don't want to, and as someone who occasionally conceal carries (although much less now I will admit), last thing I really want to do is engage with others in a negative way. That's what prompted me to fall into the "let them blow off steam and be on my way" approach. Last thing I want to see is someone getting out of their car fumbling in their pocket for something. Best way to ensure I never see that is to not engage people. I have nothing to prove.
If the nut who got out of his truck and approached my car was dealing with someone else, let's say someone as equally unhinged as him who had not just a cell phone in his pocket that guy could've ended up injured or worse. The IQ of a lot of these people is pretty low....I mean who gets out of their vehicle and acts like they're going to confront a complete stranger on a highway off ramp? Someone real cuckoo!

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
If every person did it, it adds a significant amount of time for them to clear the lot. You see a lot with carriages scattered all over the place, the majority of the culprits are not pregnant, old or ill. They are just selfish and lazy.
At the grocery store I go to random scattered carts are not a problem. I guess people do a good job with them.

Old 12-22-2023, 10:26 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I thought stores hire people specifically to retrieve carts. I mean, isn't that someone's job?

I don't believe any store hires people "specifically" for that.

Old 12-22-2023, 10:45 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
usually, it's a dual role. When i held this job as a teen, i was a bagger who also got cart duty.

As a cart jockey, i spent my time playing a game for "entertainment" in terms of predicting the behavior of folks whether they would return the cart to the stall or leave them where they be. We had no official policy for carts that was posted. There were a couple return stalls, but they weren't conveniently spaced. There was nothing wrong with leaving the carts where they were.

I forget what my "results" were, but after a while I got pretty good at predicting who would be helpful in returning a cart (either to the collection area or directly to me if they see me walking with carts) and who would make no effort and who would even purposely make it harder for me. You can see it in their demeanor in terms of how they interacted with my fellow cashiers, with me when bagging, how they hold themselves, etc.

I'd have to imagine driving behaviors also directly reflect our own personalities in a way as well. If you are a considerate person, this definitely reflects in one's driving style. If you are an a-hole in life, you are one on the road as well.

Old 12-22-2023, 11:02 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarisch View Post
"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."
More like Jan 2

Old 12-22-2023, 11:17 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
But they do. Some stores hire "special Needs" people, just to do carts.

Old 12-22-2023, 11:24 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I see much bigger issues in the world than someone not putting back a shopping cart in the damn corral. I don't think a customer should be forced to even do that...leaving it in the road is another story.

Two weeks ago ago the grocery store i saw a woman trying to park and she slammed right into a parked car. Had nothing to do with stray shopping carts either.

Old 12-22-2023, 11:24 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
I slacked on a few items and had to detour to Braintree for an in-store pickup before visiting with family last night on the South Coast. It was pretty chaotic in the parking lots down there, and I even saw a fender bender as I was leaving a store. An older gentleman backed out of his space and into a 30-something's big Silverado as he was passing by. It was right in front of me, so I hung around in case they needed a witness or anything (old guy was plainly at fault).

Both parties handled it beautifully. The old guy got out and said "F*$&!, I'm sorry." The guy in the truck just said "It looks like you just barely clipped the chrome, I can probably buff it out." I asked if they were alright and they both just laughed it off, cracked a few jokes, shook hands and left. Lesser inconveniences have set people off, so it was nice to see this one go a different direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts