Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think mdovell was from duxbury, had since moved away and doesn't like the town for whatever reason. I can't recall if he said it was going downhill...but towns with mansions on the ocean tend to do ok.

Nah I think Pembroke (or Halifax?). He has a bias against the South Shore in general, but then again he hypes Springfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 10:06 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Having read the MA real estate threads for many years, I think you're fabricating that.
It's entirely possible I'm wrong and am just imagining things. That's why I phrased it as a question and not a statement of fact.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:09 AM

16,348 posts, read 8,174,665 times
oh he seemed to think it would go downhill because of the football team issues. Found his thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/mass...-football.html

mdovell mdovell started this thread
befriend

7,919 posts, read 7,795,061 times

So much for a high-end areas. You take a place that socially isolated put it in some affluency with starter homes or at least 600,000 and then ignore anti-semitic remarks for years and this is what happens. In case you haven't heard there are audibles that is all the announcement said it was in the course of a football game that were anti-Semitic. This is all over the news and all over Twitter because apparently the coach knew about it even though he wasn't at the game itself. Has this has been going on for years how come nobody else is reported it? Furthermore who in their right mind would use such verbiage when any other word could have sufficed?

This is going to drag down home values make the area if not the whole region look bad. This is not like it was one player taunting another one. This is something that went on with the *whole* team going on for years
https://tinyurl.com/4ptcu49m

Old 04-12-2024, 10:09 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,014,769 times
Quote:
I think mdovell was from duxbury, had since moved away and doesn't like the town for whatever reason. I can't recall if he said it was going downhill...but towns with mansions on the ocean tend to do ok.
That's what I was thinking of! It was the thread around the football scandal. It's not as doom and gloom as I remember, but the prediction was that Duxbury was in trouble.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:11 AM

OK it's all coming back now.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:17 AM

16,348 posts, read 8,174,665 times
I mean a mother killed her 3 kids last year in Duxbury and that didn't seem to hurt real estate either.

Has Cohasset seen a downturn after a guy killed his wife there? Newton has had some trouble too.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM

17,708 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
I think mdovell recently said that he grew up in Weymouth.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM

17,708 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Wasn't there a poster a few years ago insisting that Duxbury was "going downhill" and that property values there were going to nosedive? I would love to hear their thoughts today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Having read the MA real estate threads for many years, I think you're fabricating that.
Quote:
It's entirely possible I'm wrong and am just imagining things. That's why I phrased it as a question and not a statement of fact.
Quote:
That's what I was thinking of! It was the thread around the football scandal. It's not as doom and gloom as I remember, but the prediction was that Duxbury was in trouble.
I stand corrected. I forgot about that.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:
oh he seemed to think it would go downhill because of the football team issues. Found his thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/mass...-football.html

mdovell mdovell started this thread
befriend

7,919 posts, read 7,795,061 times

So much for a high-end areas. You take a place that socially isolated put it in some affluency with starter homes or at least 600,000 and then ignore anti-semitic remarks for years and this is what happens. In case you haven't heard there are audibles that is all the announcement said it was in the course of a football game that were anti-Semitic. This is all over the news and all over Twitter because apparently the coach knew about it even though he wasn't at the game itself. Has this has been going on for years how come nobody else is reported it? Furthermore who in their right mind would use such verbiage when any other word could have sufficed?

This is going to drag down home values make the area if not the whole region look bad. This is not like it was one player taunting another one. This is something that went on with the *whole* team going on for years
https://tinyurl.com/4ptcu49m

Fwiw, I work with a guy who lives in Duxbury and says that the bullying problem is currently out of control there (so bad that he is looking to pull his son out of the middle school). Not sure if there is something ingrained in the culture of the school system, or what.

Old 04-12-2024, 01:30 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,836,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Fwiw, I work with a guy who lives in Duxbury and says that the bullying problem is currently out of control there (so bad that he is looking to pull his son out of the middle school). Not sure if there is something ingrained in the culture of the school system, or what.
It stems from hyper competitive parents...they raise spoiled little johhny and suzies who spiral out of control and have no compassion for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts