Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM

9,135 posts, read 6,347,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I dont want to drive all the way to billerica. i kind of want to keep shopping there out of spite. there is a somerville market basket. i think the somerville store is on the other side of somerville and is a long drive. ya managers i dont think last that long there. i have seen different faces there come and go.

stop and shop near me is way too expensive in arlington. its the highest price stop and shop in the state. you would go broke shopping there. most people go there to pick up a couple of items because of the prices.
Have you considered the Woburn and Reading MB stores over Burlington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

6,163 posts, read 5,126,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Have you considered the Woburn and Reading MB stores over Burlington?
The Woburn MB? It's a s**tshow to park and get in/out of. I live in Woburn and would probably go to the Billerica or Wilmington ones just for the peace of mind.

Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM

23,682 posts, read 18,799,853 times
I go to the Burlington Wegman's occasionally. Prices seem fairly reasonable.

Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
As for the bags, when you see them put the lemonade into a bag, a simple, 'Oh, no I don't need a bag for that', making eye contact when you address them. That's it. That's all it takes. I don't want my gallon of milk in a bag, it already has a handle. Sometimes, despite the fact that I already said I didn't need them in a bag, they'll start to bag it. I do the above. OR, if I was engaged in a conversation with the cashier, because I do that, and missed that milk was put in the bag, I kindly repeat that I don't need that bag.

That's it. That's all it takes.
Not in my experience. Market Basket employees seem bossy and controlling about bagging. Admittedly the Maine stores could be different as the demographics up there are different from Massachusetts. I have directly asked for one bag / less bags from the bagger and received flak for it. My most egregious experience was one time I went to the Plaistow store with one canvas bag, had a small order that would have fit into the canvas bag but the bagger insisted on putting two items in a separate plastic bag. When I asked for the items to be put in the canvas bag his response was that I could do it outside the store. Isn't that bizarre? It actually lends a bit of credence to the optics idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post

As for the bags I might tell them I will bag my own bags . I am glad I am not the only one that gave problems with them bagging stuff people don't want bagged. One theory is they want you to come out with the most bags possible so it looks like you can get a lot for your dollar. One time they gave me two bags I condensed them and the woman bagger actually started shaking her arms in anger. They don't want you walking away with one bag.

one time the cashier had to tell the bagger five times to give me one bag only. they bag their way they dont care what the customer wants.
Market Basket attracts a lot of elderly customers who may not be able to carry more than 5lbs of weight. They also employ a lot of teenagers, at least in MA and southern NH. Teenagers tend to lack situational awareness. So with these two factors I try to not get annoyed about the under-packed bags but when they outright defy my simple request for fewer bags it is hard not to get a bit pissed off. I've never shown anger in the stores though, I just reduce my involvement with the business.

Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The Woburn MB? It's a s**tshow to park and get in/out of. I live in Woburn and would probably go to the Billerica or Wilmington ones just for the peace of mind.
That parking lot was horrendous back when it was "The Woburn Mall" but I am surprised it has not been improved (of course I am not close enough to monitor that area).

Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM

11,858 posts, read 5,835,602 times
OP - move on - it's not worth your energy to keep focusing on this. You ended up being able to return the soda. If this is the only thing you have going on in your life consider yourself lucky. Personally - my mother is like you - everyone wrongs her, it's always someone else's fault - the negativity of listening to her every day with everything else going on in my life gave me serious medical issues and I actually no longer have a relationship with my mom despite loving her dearly. You're only going to alienate others around you like you have alienated so many of us here on the forum. Best to you - but get help to control your issues.

Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM

3,433 posts, read 1,570,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OP - move on - it's not worth your energy to keep focusing on this. You ended up being able to return the soda. If this is the only thing you have going on in your life consider yourself lucky. Personally - my mother is like you - everyone wrongs her, it's always someone else's fault - the negativity of listening to her every day with everything else going on in my life gave me serious medical issues and I actually no longer have a relationship with my mom despite
loving her dearly. You're only going to alienate others around you like you have alienated so many of us here on the forum. Best to you - but get help to control your issues.
What are talking about me alienating others on this forum? If they don't like what I write they can move on.

Last edited by CaseyB; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM

6,163 posts, read 5,126,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
That parking lot was horrendous back when it was "The Woburn Mall" but I am surprised it has not been improved (of course I am not close enough to monitor that area).
It's gotten worse since the renovation a few years ago to make it more of a "lifestyle" center with housing added to the mix. The traffic patterns there and general insanity, are a constant topic of complaining on one of our town's Facebook forums.

Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It's gotten worse since the renovation a few years ago to make it more of a "lifestyle" center with housing added to the mix. The traffic patterns there and general insanity, are a constant topic of complaining on one of our town's Facebook forums.
That is good to know. Thank you.

Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

1,051 posts, read 694,256 times
You guys realize we now have not one, but TWO active Market Basket threads in the Mass forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts