Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,237,622 times

Advertisements

Drat - I'm out of popcorn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM

8,577 posts, read 11,000,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Using vulgar language shows a poverty of language and no respect for the person to whom you are speaking.

Why should the manager respect you when you show no respect for them?
This reminds me of an incident I had, not at an MB store, but my local home depot a year ago.
Normally when I am looking to buy tools, I shop at Harbor Freight because they have a good variety of tools, and prices are reasonable.
Well, they did not have the tool I needed, so I went the one more block to home depot.
They had the tool, but like most of their tools, they are locked, and you need to get an employee to open it up so you can retrieve the tool.
The tool department at this store is directly across from all the cash registers, so I walked over and asked a cashier to open the tool cage.
She said, "I will send someone over."

I waited, and waited, and after three attempts, 20 minutes after the first time I asked, I asked another cashier to get me someone to open the tool cage.
After thirty minutes I was getting very angry, and the foul language I used could be heard all over the store.
Finally the manager shows up and ask what's the problem.
I made such a fuss in that store, with all those customers around, that the manager not only retrieved the tool for me, but told the cashier to give it to me at no cost.
She put the tool in a bag, and I left the store.
I am sure that gesture was to get me out of the store as fast as they could.
They even put me at the front of the line before others who had been waiting in line.

I made $69.99 that day, because I stood my ground.
I did not feel I disrespected any employee, or the manager.
They disrespected me by not solving my request in a timely manner.
Respect is a two way street.

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

2,079 posts, read 1,012,843 times
Such tough guys beating up on entry level retail employees.

So honorable.

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

3,432 posts, read 1,567,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
This reminds me of an incident I had, not at an MB store, but my local home depot a year ago.
Normally when I am looking to buy tools, I shop at Harbor Freight because they have a good variety of tools, and prices are reasonable.
Well, they did not have the tool I needed, so I went the one more block to home depot.
They had the tool, but like most of their tools, they are locked, and you need to get an employee to open it up so you can retrieve the tool.
The tool department at this store is directly across from all the cash registers, so I walked over and asked a cashier to open the tool cage.
She said, "I will send someone over."

I waited, and waited, and after three attempts, 20 minutes after the first time I asked, I asked another cashier to get me someone to open the tool cage.
After thirty minutes I was getting very angry, and the foul language I used could be heard all over the store.
Finally the manager shows up and ask what's the problem.
I made such a fuss in that store, with all those customers around, that the manager not only retrieved the tool for me, but told the cashier to give it to me at no cost.
She put the tool in a bag, and I left the store.
I am sure that gesture was to get me out of the store as fast as they could.
They even put me at the front of the line before others who had been waiting in line.

I made $69.99 that day, because I stood my ground.
I did not feel I disrespected any employee, or the manager.
They disrespected me by not solving my request in a timely manner.
Respect is a two way street.
That's right thank you for posting this. I do not swear at the employees just in mid air to myself. I don't swear at people I just swear to get my frustration out. When you tell employees to give you one bag three times and they repeatedly ignore you 15 different times when you visit the store it's their problem.

I called another store and asked what the policy was for expired items and he says if you bought it two days ago we would take it back but if it expires on your watch it's on you. He instructed me to call the corporate office about that manager he said in a round about way that should not have happened.

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,237,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
That's right thank you for posting this. I do not swear at the employees just in mid air to myself. I don't swear at people I just swear to get my frustration out. When you tell employees to give you one bag three times and they repeatedly ignore you 15 different times when you visit the store it's their problem.

I called another store and asked what the policy was for expired items and he says if you bought it two days ago we would take it back but if it expires on your watch it's on you. He instructed me to call the corporate office about that manager he said in a round about way that should not have happened.

That makes 2.

Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Such tough guys beating up on entry level retail employees.

So honorable.
How about a store manager lying that the soda did not come from his store? Even when I had the receipt.

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

17,819 posts, read 9,255,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
How about a store manager lying that the soda did not come from his store? Even when I had the receipt.
The receipt doesn't prove the soda wasn't switched.

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
The receipt doesn't prove the soda wasn't switched.
The policy is they should take the soda back they should follow the policy. Especially after a promise from another manager.

Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM

17,819 posts, read 9,255,293 times
They did take it back, right?

Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM

24,565 posts, read 18,309,279 times
Personally, this is not a hill I would choose to die on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts