Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 02:55 PM

3,432 posts, read 1,567,546 times

Advertisements

I went to market basket to take back soda for my mother because she wanted seltzer water. she cant lift the seltzer because she is elderly so she asked an employee when she went by herself to get her 3 seltzer water 12 packs. the employee instead gave her the soda instead of the seltzer water. because it was the same flavor my mother did not know it was soda and not seltzer water. i called before hand and one of the managers said she could take it back.

when I went to the service desk they said they could not take back two of them because its expired. she said the soda could not have come off the shelf. i dont know if the employee who put the soda in my mothers cart got it from out back. the service desk woman called the manager and he said oh those could not have come off the shelf . i said it was one of your employees that put it into my mothers basket. he insisted it did not come from his store. i said are you calling me a liar? he said you could have had that soda for a year in your basement and are bringing it back to get an exchange. I said the manager on the phone said they would take it back. he finally gave in and gave me the discount. i get no respect and get called a liar!

a manager is not supposed to call a customer a liar!!!!

he probably was worried i would report him to higher up for calling me a liar!

i constantly tell them only one bag i emphasize this and they still give me two bags even when i bring my own bag!

this problem could be because they know me there. the soda they said was labeled 2023! becarefull of what you buy there they have old product on the shelves.

the reciept even had the 3 soda 12 packs on it. she wanted 3 12 packs of black cherry seltzer and instead the employee put 3 12 packs of black cherry soda in the cart. he said do you buy the soda all the time ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVR_ajL_Eo

the worst part was the manager woman that answered the phone said to tell them that she said it was ok. i even gave the service desk woman the name of the manager.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 05-01-2024 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 04:23 PM

3,651 posts, read 1,877,365 times
What happened to the old saying...'the customer is always right'? Giving you 3 packs of seltzer water for free to keep a customer appeased should be no problem for market basket...now they get all this bad press instead.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:27 PM

10,036 posts, read 15,695,582 times
Which Market Basket was this?

Old 05-01-2024, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Which Market Basket was this?
it was the Burlington Market basket. I understand they can't sell it again but to assume I am lying. it might be because they don't want to admit they have old product on the shelves. but not honoring a manager's word is not good for integrity.

i almost want to talk to the woman on the phone that said it was ok to let her know that her fellow managers are scum!

stop and shop does not care about bad publicity but I thought market basket did.

he insisted that the product did not even come from out back and said that soda did not come from our store!

i told one woman I did not need a bag and immediately she grabs a bag to put my one item I bought today in. its like they know me and are trying to screw with me.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
What happened to the old saying...'the customer is always right'? Giving you 3 packs of seltzer water for free to keep a customer appeased should be no problem for market basket...now they get all this bad press instead.
businesses use to care now very few care. employees look miserable in those supermarkets and it looks like a very toxic place.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:59 PM

6,158 posts, read 5,123,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
it was the Burlington Market basket. I understand they can't sell it again but to assume I am lying. it might be because they don't want to admit they have old product on the shelves. but not honoring a manager's word is not good for integrity.

i almost want to talk to the woman on the phone that said it was ok to let her know that her fellow managers are scum!
e.
^That's the one I go to.

I once tried to return a can of mixed nuts there because it smelled moldy, but had thrown out the receipt. When I brought it back to return it, the clerk squawked about the lack of receipt (it was a $6.99 item). I told her that the brand (River Queen) is exclusive to MB, which she apparently didn't know. I did get my $ back.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:05 PM

16,008 posts, read 7,059,800 times
We have taken back items to Market Basket and have never had a problem. If we cannot get money back for any reason, say it is not a MB brand, they will give you credit which i use right away because there is always something I need.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:49 PM

I cant believe the manager was not going to give me anything nothing no store credit and then accused me of lying. i told the woman at the desk it was an employee that put the expired soda in my mothers cart and they still did not care. it must be they know me there for using vulgar language. that is irrelevant. i am a paying customer. i am still pissed it was personal it had to be!

even if all of them were expired it was one of their employees that put it in my mothers cart!

i want to call the store back and give them a tongue lashing!

the fact an elderly lady was involved gets me more pissed. i don't know if the service girl has the authority to give me store credit or if she always needs a manager's approval.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:06 PM

17,819 posts, read 9,255,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
it must be they know me there for using vulgar language.
Yes.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:15 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,237,622 times
Using vulgar language shows a poverty of language and no respect for the person to whom you are speaking.

Why should the manager respect you when you show no respect for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts