Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:22 PM

72 posts, read 346,910 times

Advertisements

Did anyone ever find out anything else about other ways of getting dogs to Hawaii? Does anyone have any set days for travel yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 10:58 PM

35 posts, read 191,168 times
Default Quarantine

Hawaiian Airlines are very good with dogs on their airline.

I have a little 3-lb yorkie who came over in cargo and she did just fine.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:14 AM

12 posts, read 42,200 times
Maui now has a direct release setup in Kahalui for animals per DOA.....

Old 08-11-2007, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 6,504 times
Aloha everyone!

I must place this information here for all of you in need.

I shipped my 59 lb. dog to Hawaii (HNL) via Los Angeles (LAX) on Pacific Air Cargo. She rode in the cabin, did not have to be sedated.

We made arrangements with them for her flight out, approximately 2 weeks ahead of the flight date.

Paid the company on our arrival, in those wee morning hours, as the flight went out at 2:30 a.m. Cost us all of approximately $450.00 to send her in a large size crate.

This company deals in the shipping of LIVE animals, family pets included! I hope this helps.

BTW this company was helpful, courteous, and professional.

Here is their contact information.

PACIFIC AIR CARGO - LOS ANGELES (LAX)
5761 West Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Phone: (310) 645-2178 Fax (310) 645-4876

Nancy
in sunny South Maui

Old 02-18-2008, 11:28 AM

3 posts, read 15,143 times
Default Private Jet/Boston

Boston - Have you already completed your trip to Maui via private jet?
I was not sure of when your travel time was.
I live in Boston & may relocate with my job if I can get my two
dogs to Maui safely. I refuse to put them in cargo. If I have to
refuse my transfer I will do that for my two babies. One dog is a
rottie & the other is a rottie mix. My rottie is a big baby & I know
he could not handle being shipped in cargo. He sleeps with us
& he is nothing but a snuggle bunny. The rottie mix can handle
anything but I would not subject him to this process of being
shipped in a cargo bin.
THANKS

Old 02-18-2008, 06:49 PM

126 posts, read 689,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsurfer01 View Post
unfortunately, no airline will let you take your pet in cabin going TO hawaii, only FROM it. doesn't matter the size of animal. with inspection/quarantine laws so strict, i'm sure they wouldn't risk letting people having the opportunity to slip out of the airport, bypassing the inspection station. i did extensive research on this last fall (calling every airline that goes to hawaii from cali. and calling again to make sure the answer was consisent).

a private jet or boat is the best bet for any size pet and i too would love to take my 2 cats and turtle on it

You can fly with a pet in the cabin on ATA. I did it.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 PM

15 posts, read 83,907 times
i have seen that there are restrictions on shipping dogs and cats when the weather is above 85 degrees at any point in the trip. i am wondering how this is going to work out, since the temp. is often right around there in the spring/summer. also, our dogs will be shipped from texas-- it can be that warm as early as march. does anyone know any details on this?

also, i see that hawaii now allows you to have your dog at a quarantine station on the big island and maui. but it doesn't appear that any of the airlines will go straight there-- they all seem to require a stop in honolulu first.

our dogs served their quarantines and are ready to go-- but we aren't planning on moving till the end of april. and one dog might be too big for airline cargo-- he is 85 pounds. the other dog is about 20 pounds.

any advice is truly appreciated!!

Old 02-24-2008, 03:55 PM

893 posts, read 793,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziera View Post
Hawaiian Airlines are very good with dogs on their airline.

I have a little 3-lb yorkie who came over in cargo and she did just fine.
Why would you ship a yorkie in cargo???????

Old 03-15-2008, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 25,065 times
March 15th, 2008

Hi there,
Looking to fly my dog to Maui as well. Might be interested in possibly collaborating on a private jet. Either from Boston (where I live) or California (if thats easier). Perhaps late summer..maybe August 2008???

I assuming all dogs, even ones flying private jets, need the same forms, certificate, shots, bloodwork and microchip (for the 5 day or less program) that any other pet arriving in hawaii needs???? Is this true?

Also, has anyone used this company? Is the membership worth it? Whats the deal?
Dogtravel Company Home (http://www.dogtravelcompany.net/Home.html - broken link)

PS.
I have found that you now CAN fly your dog directly to Maui (see link below)
http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/Checkl...%2005%2007.pdf

or for all the info
Animal Quarantine Information — Hawaii Department of Agriculture

Old 03-15-2008, 07:30 PM

58 posts, read 198,527 times
I might be interested in going on a private jet..it would be in the summer possibly around August 08 Id be bringing 5 people and 4 dogs (3 under 20, 1 possibly 85 shes still growing) How much would it be per person and does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to move furniture over? Would it just be a better idea to sell our furniture and cars? Thanks for any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui