Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,580,958 times

Advertisements

HEY!!! Give us Kihei folks a break, would ya? Even with those 'annoying clouds', the rampant cannibalism, and the occasional attack by killer opihi, (small, stealthy, quiet, voracious appetites), at least it ain't Napili!!! Thank God for the tunnel!!!!

Aloha.... seen my laptop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 PM

25 posts, read 53,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
HEY!!! Give us Kihei folks a break, would ya? Even with those 'annoying clouds', the rampant cannibalism, and the occasional attack by killer opihi, (small, stealthy, quiet, voracious appetites), at least it ain't Napili!!! Thank God for the tunnel!!!!

Aloha.... seen my laptop?
I stand corrected, Kihei no ka oi, thank you for showing me the light, I recognize my error and will never disparage Kihei again in either thought nor deed

Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,562,963 times
Greetings!!
Does anyone know if Walaka Street has improved in the last few years for our arrival in may 2013? Or is it HUD and/or druggy?
We saw a few places available, just for a temporary place while the furniture ships on the barge, and to scout for permanent housing.
It's very rare to find a place that accepts 2 well trained small dogs. We
spent over $1500 on Hawaii State Quarantine preparations and and fees and airfares.
For $2k a month for a 2 bedroom/ bath shoebox, I would have thought our pets would be welcome. We dress and treat them better then most people treat their children!! And they are quiet!!
I would have thought in the Aloha State, landlords would have Aloha for a Non-smoking, Non-drinking clean couple, who who love and respect nature and animals, and pays bills on time.
Anyway, any feedback on Kihei will be appreciated!! Mahalo!!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
This place looks spectacular and pet friendly for only $2,250

3 BD/ 2.5 BATH OCEANVIEW TOWNHOUSE

Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM

Thank you, that looks wonderful....

Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
You really need to physically get on the island before your family and dogs and see properties in person - don't try to acquire remotely, too many things can go wrong.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM

25 posts, read 53,787 times
Not sure about that street, but pets have always been an issue on Maui for renters. The vast majority of places will not accept dogs or cats. Thus even if you find a place that will, your potential future pool of rental places will always be limited, not impossible, but limited to perhaps 5% (my guess), if that much, of potential places on the market. It has nothing to do with aloha, more to do fleas in the tropics and potential property damage from a very transient renting population.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,058,616 times
walaka street is "ok" which condo place? some of the units on that street that allow pets, only allow one. the laundry facilities are not inside of the condo is a few of the places on that street.

hawaii maybe the aloha state but you can't expect a landlord to just take the word of someone that "their" pet is well behaved.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM

Good feedback everyone, thanks. Condo called Koa Kai.
Owner willing to accept pets, but you pay for it, which is fine, I suppose, as this is a ''boots on the ground" spot. It's
more reasonable then vacation rentals.
I used to be a home owner approx. 25 years ago on Maui, now returning home, but not familiar with current rental market.Forgot about Fleas in Hawaii!!!
Does anyone remember that little hotel on the beach called Sand and Sea?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,580,958 times
Does anyone remember that little hotel on the beach called Sand and Sea?

Man, that brings back some old memories. I tended bar at the Outrigger, and stayed at the hotel next door, initially it was supposed to be for a week, ended up there for almost a year!! Short commute to work......

the good old days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui