Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What are all these hypotheticals about "your parents" and "my parents"? The issue is someone else's great-great-grandparents owned a slave which may or may not have been your great-great-great-parent. Nobody is saying to pretend it never happened, but dwelling on it and throwing around a ridiculous promise of "reparations" 150 years later isn't really helping matters.
Neither is a moron in a bow tie, champion of racists everywhere, telling someone to 'move on".

Old 02-24-2019, 05:32 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Speaking as a gay person, here is what I have to say about this. Black people can suck it. They always voted against our rights in the past. 70% of blacks voted for prop 8, for example. They can face the conservative pundits on their own. I'm done with the black community and their rampant homophobia.

LOL do I sound crazy enough?
You sound like a complete idiot! How many gay blacks are there? you are a stain on the gay community!
Way to make this post 100% about yourself winch had absolutely nothing to do with the gay community.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:33 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hey newbie!

I got a gift for you... Waa! Not my FOX Program Host!

Waa!

On the rare occasion Tucker goes against Trump policy, y'all love the guy.

Tucker is great.

If democrats would stop putting the noose around Y'alls depiction of the Black American, y'all might be able to get past the notion of slavery, which the Democrat Party defended so viciously.
Newbie? Doubtful. No noob jumps straight into the biggest war-zone on CD, immediately launching attacks on the opposition. This is certainly a seasoned instigator. The question is, which one of the leftist regulars got banned within the last week?

Old 02-24-2019, 05:33 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Neither is a moron in a bow tie, champion of racists everywhere, telling someone to 'move on".
Moron in a bow tie? Would that be Farrakhan?

Old 02-24-2019, 05:35 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymer View Post
Tucker Carlson is an ******* and a shill

To say that slavery is not part of their life experience is to say that history has no bearing on the present.

If you and Carlson want to say such a dumb thing, go ahead.
It is not part of their life history to those living now. Are they slaves? No?

But if they is even a scintilla of a chance if someone getting free money by screaming Alavert, they will do it.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:43 PM

3,854 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So what good does it do anyone to dwell on something that no one living has any direct experience with?
I "dwell on" slavery when researching my family history. It's where we came from, and It really wasn't that long ago in terms of generations - it should never be forgotten. However, it's not a psychological burden, or a badge of victimhood for me. If anything, it inspires me to go out and do things.

I'm not at all afflicted by my families history of enslavement.

Last edited by Tritone; 02-24-2019 at 06:05 PM..

Old 02-24-2019, 05:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
We’ll do what we want when we want to.

If we want to bring up slavery, we will and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

If that makes you mad, scratch your ass and get glad.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:55 PM

3,854 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Speaking as a gay person, here is what I have to say about this. Black people can suck it.
LOL @ the irony of a gay man telling somebody to "suck it". No, that's something that you do.

Quote:
They always voted against our rights in the past. 70% of blacks voted for prop 8, for example. They can face the conservative pundits on their own. I'm done with the black community and their rampant homophobia.
Yes, black people tend to be homophobic and socially conservative - especially the older generation. Younger people, such as myself, don't care.

I personally have nothing against gays being gay. What I don't believe in though is gay "civil rights" protections, and comparing gay "rights" with historical black struggle . A gay white male, is a white male - not a discriminated minority.

Also I don't believe that LGBTism should be promoted in the media and taught to children like they are doing today. That's just wrong.

LGBTism should be thought of as a sexual preference, dare I say perversion, that should be tolerated. LGBTs today are taking it too far.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:56 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We’ll do what we want when we want to.

If we want to bring up slavery, we will and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

If that makes you mad, scratch your ass and get glad.
I wasn't aware of just how triggered folks got over slavery. If someone had nothing to do with it why worry about others getting over it so much. They want you to even talk about it for some reason it just hits them deep. For black Americans slavery is literally as far back as you can go for family history.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
"Russians need to get over Stalin"

After all, between his purges, intentional famine and WWII "only" about 60 MILLION Russians were killed. Tucker would probably say they need to get over it. But every single family has big holes in it....even one or two generations back.

And now, the son of Uncle Joe (Stalin) cook is DICTATOR there!

But they should get over it, right? After all, the past is the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.